Wrestling Forum banner

I think The Undertaker should retire at Survivor Series.

1809 12
After all, that's were his career began, and I think his career should end were it began.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
317 Posts
If he had retired last year at Survivor Series, that might have been appropriate given that it was 20 years since his debut. But there's no stage as big as Wrestlemania and at the moment there's no legend in the WWE as big as Taker, so I'm quite sure that is the way they will go. Plus, Taker is more associated with Wrestlemania anyway. In any case WWE doesn't have any problems in disregarding past history - even when Taker is concerned as evidenced by the buildup to his Wrestlemania feud with HHH.

· Registered
244 Posts
I would have no problem with this, but it would have to be after he goes 20-0 at Wrestlemania in my opinion. I think if they have him lose the streak though then that's where he'll retire, and that's where he should retire, as by this point Wrestlemania has more significance in the career of the Undertaker than Survivor Series.

· Registered
68 Posts
He will retire at WrestleMania 28 in Florida, believe me. I guess he and WWE will end his career with an intact streak of 20-0. Mark my words: His final opponent will be John Cena, a true money match they will save for this special moment next year. I guess after his bout with Triple H in three weeks, we won't see Undertaker for a long time. He will recover until 2012's Royal Rumble or return even later.

· Registered
7,601 Posts
Right now it looks as if there may not even be a PPV called Survivor Series soon as WWE have been trying to find some other gimmick to base the November PPV around so having The Undertaker retire at a soon to be gimmick PPV wouldn't be fitting for the greatest character in WWE history. I know that the sentiment is there with him going out at the place he debuted which would also preserve his WrestleMania undefeated streak as well but i wouldn't want to see him go out that way.

In all honesty unless WWE have set up a contingency plan over the last couple of years i have absolutely no idea how on earth The Undertaker will retire as his gimmick and character makes it an impossible task, as a dead man he could so easily just come and go as he pleased so unless he is phased out over time a retirement storyline and match is very hard to figure out. Maybe that is why The Undertaker seems to have returned with a tweaked character as a dark cowboy with the Johnny Cash theme so that he appears more human and his retirement angle would be much easier to book but i know that i wouldn't want to have to be the one who wrote that storyline.

· Registered
2,365 Posts
Thing is, I think the fans would have no problem at all if he came out on Raw the night after beating Cena at WM, and saying, "My name is Mark Calaway, I have had the honor of entertaining you for 22 years, and now its time to say goodbye".

Fact of the matter is, the guy has been so good for so long, he can leave any way he damn well pleases. Personally I'd like to see a similar thing to his 1994 Royal Rumble exit, when he did that ghostly speech from his coffin and then vanished.

· Registered
2,314 Posts
or he could be that mysterous phenom that shows up only for wrestlemania since its now his show with the streak and all.I'd say after his 25th wreslemania(if he keeps n shape just for wrestlmania)and disappear like tombstoned said above me here end it with the whole dark coffin thing.

· Registered
10,423 Posts
I thinks its time for him to stepdown. He can't even stay healthy anymore. 2 or 3 matches back from an injury he gets hurt again. That being said, the only event he's gonna retire after is a wrestlemania.

I read on one of the dirtsheets that he was thinking next year, so take that for what its worth.

· Registered
20,969 Posts
Retiring at a PPV that isn't even that big anymore would be quite underwhelming.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.