Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
16,124 Posts
They need a stable like 3 Minute Warning...or MLWs Contra.

Shit turn Usos and Roman heel and there you go...Add Joe in there. Have them destroy people.

·
Banned
47 Posts
I’ve said for years they should redo the nWo.

You have Hulk back who could be the leader and a ton of wasted talent that could be recruited. Not forgetting the “will they, won’t they” scenarios of joining or turning.

I’ve also felt they could easily rehash the APA... someone like Braun or Corbin could act as paid muscle with a tag line of ‘nothing personal it’s just business’

·
Registered
9,658 Posts
Didn't they try with Strowman, Ziggler and McIntyre, then again with Corbin, Lashley and McIntyre?

WWE does need a stable to come in and reek havoc. The Club or OC, whatever they're called, could be good if they added Balor and one or two others to the ranks. Needs to be 5 or 6 guys, a big NWO, Bullet Club style stable.

Imagine Styles, Gallows, Anderson, Balor, EC3, Cesaro and Ruby Riott running all the divisions and involved in all the titles and main stories on Raw.

I'd like to think all of this with Roman on Smackdown is leading to Bryan leading a stable consisting of him, Rowan, Murphy and maybe Harper if they ever bring him back.

And you've still got Undisputed Era lurking around in NXT.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
There are few things I hate more in wrestling than wrestlers thrown together as a team just to give them something to do. There’s nothing to connect those guys and therefore no reason to invest in them as a stable.
I get you, but something is absolutely better then nothing at all. And if done right it won't feel thrown together. They just need a proper story behind it.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,392 Posts
Wouldn’t be against Edgehead II. No Edge but Roode leading Hawkins and Ryder instead.

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
I'm all for faction/stable wars again in the WWE.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
You really trust WWE to have a good stable at this point?
after all the half baked ones that are just there for plot convenience for the bad guys?

sure by all means put everyone into groups, give them all a flag they can carry into battle

·
Registered
458 Posts
I say why stop at one?

If it were me running the show I'd have multiple stables or factions, maybe 4 as a maximum going by the current talent roster.

The thing I like about stables and factions is it allows certain talents to be in the ring together at the same time but not ruin any potential one on one or team on team contest. Say for example you have a stable or faction of The Bullet Club consisting of AJ Styles, Finn Balor, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows going up against another stable or faction called (for the sake of argument) The Roman Empire which consists of Roman Reigns, Samoa Joe and The Usos. Also try and imagine that these guys have NEVER faced off against each other before. You have a big 4 on 4 matchup for a Survivor Series PPV for example and you can also build to future one on one matches between Reigns and Styles, Joe and Balor and Anderson and Gallows vs The Usos. In a way you've kind of seen it before in the big 4 on 4 match but you really haven't because now in one on one or a team on team matches the dynamics are much different thus keeping the excitement and anticipation levels at a high level!

I think using stables and factions in this way is a lot more interesting and fresh than just repeating the same matches over and over again like they do nowadays. You could easily build a long feud over a period of months between two stables or factions, then build up some simple feuds between individual members within them then even turn them into proper rivalries with stipulation matches as a final payoff?

Another neat thing with stables and factions is that there is so much potential for internal storylines between the members of one team. Another Bullet Club style angle here as an example. Say Balor was the leader of the Bullet Club but AJ got jealous and wanted to be the main man, you could easily build a feud between them where AJ turns on Balor and this leads to a program resulting in a big payoff match at a major PPV like WrestleMania. Maybe there's a stipulation that the winner becomes the leader of the stable and the loser must leave it for good? If those two guys had never faced off before then that's an added bonus! You have two top quality talents going head to head with a proper storyline built up around them and a reason for your audience to invest instead of them just being thrown into the ring and made to wrestle because they're going to put on a good match.

Say with a group like the Wyatt Family, I always thought the idea of brainwashing people to join their cult was quite a cool idea. You could obviously have Bray be the all powerful leader and he can get rid of members as he pleases and replace them with new recruits kind of like what they did with Daniel Bryan. I always thought a proper cult like takeover of the WWE would have been a cool angle to do when Bray was using his cult leader gimmick.

I believe there is so much uptapped potential with stables and factions in the current WWE product and they have so much going for them when it comes to building storylines and angles and also getting longevity out of feuds and talents. The examples I've given above are only the tip of the iceberg with what is possible...

They should definitely make a comeback!

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
WWE has no clue how to book stables. Nexus got singlehandedly beat by Cena, League of Nations got beat singlehandedly by Reigns, and all of them also got squashed at house shows by Lesnar, The Corre was doomed from the start, and the Wyatts were also beat by Cena.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I would say the samoans should be together . Uso's ,Roman, and Samoa Joe in a serious dangerous take no crap group

41 - 52 of 52 Posts