Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Its all a work people. I know we all want our favorite wrestlers to win but honestly we can't always have it our way.

The truth is wins/losses really don't matter. This is what many people on here fail to realize and you got all these people moaning and bitching like its the end of the world for the wrestler which in turn, completely ruins the show for them because they can't get over the idea that their wrestler has been made to look 'weak'.

What REALLY matters is the amount of HEAT the wrestler gets. If he gets the same amount of heat the next time he steps foot through that curtain, then hes still good to go. A wrestler can lose every time he steps into that ring, but if the fans still care enough about him to still wanna boo or cheer the fuck outta guy then ultimately that means they still care enough about him to actually buy a ticket just to see his ass get kicked or kick ass and so forth.

What people need to understand is that Wrestling is all about making MONEY and the thing that the business has always revolved around is HEAT. HEAT = MONEY. Heat is the ONLY thing that draws in crowds. I think Chris Jericho said it best:

"Winning and losing means nothing if you do it properly. I would be happy to lose to every single one of you and watch your faces as I walk out of the arena with more heat than before."

Now I know that this isn't ALWAYS the case. I think the only time wins/loses TRULY matter is when it comes to MONSTER type wrestlers since their whole gimmick revolves around them being unbeatable/unstoppable.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
But what about the kayfabe?!?!!?

I get what you're trying to say, but wouldn't bitching/moaning/excitement over wins and losses like its the end of the world count as 'HEAT' as you explained it?

If you care that much about a wrestler losing or winning (which is 'fake' to begin with), isn't that showing serious emotion?

If you ask me, that's EXACTLY what the business wants from you.

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what about the kayfabe?!?!!?

I get what you're trying to say, but wouldn't bitching/moaning/excitement over wins and losses like its the end of the world count as 'HEAT' as you explained it?

If you care that much about a wrestler losing or winning (which is 'fake' to begin with), isn't that showing serious emotion?

If you ask me, that's EXACTLY what the business wants from you.
Not necessarily because there is such a thing as GOOD heat and BAD heat. Bad heat being the "GET THE FUCK OFF MY TV SCREEN. *click*" type of heat which is NOT the type of emotional investment you want outta your viewers. TNA is probably the masters at getting BAD heat and look at all their numbers...

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Not necessarily because there is such a thing as GOOD heat and BAD heat. Bad heat being the "GET THE FUCK OFF MY TV SCREEN. *click*" type of heat which is NOT the type of emotional investment you want outta your viewers. TNA is probably the masters at getting BAD heat and look at all their numbers...
Oh ok.

If there's someone on screen with 'GTFO heat' on the screen wouldn't you change it anyway regardless of wins/losses?
Or do wins/losses affect a wrestler to the point where they acquire this 'GTFO heat'?

If that is determined by said fan who is becoming frustrated to the point that they can't stand said wrestler, then yes, I completely agree with you. But if we are complaining about the WWE (or whatever promotion) booking someone strongly to the point where we shouldn't like them, is there really a difference?

What I'm saying is can a wrestler earn his "GTFO heat" simply by wins/losses or is it because of other reasons:
He/she completely sucks: In-ring / mic-skill / just their overall look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts