Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is not going to work. El Patron is wrestling for 3 different promotions and only 1 of them is officially affiliated with GFW. And now he is going to defend the AAA Title on Lucha Underground fairly soon. You do not think NJPW who is affiliated with CMLL is at least a little pissed off about this?

Speaking of NJPW they are on AXS TV showing 2013/2014 matches and reports say that Dominion is going to be on AXS TV. What is GFW doing anyways with NJPW? Are they going to air any ppv's from them this year? Nothing is planned.
Mascara Dorada who is the CMLL welterweight champion is wrestling in Japan and there are rumors that Dorada and Omega will unify the title? If GFW airs that match will it have to be cut because they are afflicated with AAA? has GFW announced anything besides the show on the 28th on WWP which they are not advertising what so ever?

Look on their webpage it is still WK9 crap on there? No mention of Styles beating Tanahashi in Osaka!

The clusterfuck between NJPW, ROH, Lucha Undergorund, AAA, CMLL and ZERO sense of direction I am starting to believe this is going to fail which is sad because I wanted it to suceed

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
the way i see global farce wrestling is that theyre waiting on tna to go out of business and just take their place

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If thats their plan then they are playing Russian roulette because how long will that take? Will they risk Triplemania? G1? and that still does not answer the promotional politic stuff between the non affliated promotions

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
the way i see global farce wrestling is that theyre waiting on tna to go out of business and just take their place
Kind of, I think they're waiting for investors so they can offer contracts to TNA and ROH stars that contracts is about to expire. As seen with TNA, they will probably ask guys like Roode,Aries,etc. to take a big paycut and that will be GFW chance to come in. ROH is also on a tight budget, they can go after someone like Elgin,Bennett.

·
Axe BOMBAH~!
1,321 Posts
TNA have now allow individual sponsorships and endorsements, that means guys can make even more money outside of wrestling and it adds an incentive to stay and has an advantage over ROH and GFW who will not allow it, EC3 explains it in his interview infact CM Punk explains it on his podcast with Cabana

Examples are Lashley, The Wolves and Mark Andrews, Kurt Angle, Robbie E and EC3.

·
Banned
2,765 Posts
the original premise of gf was that they would.get a timeslot on cmt. without a tvdeal nothing will happen. the abysmally ratings for Lucha underground is probably.something that makes tv executives hesitant to invest in wrestling.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Global Force should be a bridge for companies to show their PPV here in America. In no way shape or form should it be an actual wrestling company but a distributing company of these companies with a understanding that once a year these companies come together here in America to put on a Wrestling Extravaganza that GF will sponsor and get full distribution rights.

·
Premium Member
44,439 Posts
When they presented WK9, I thought the goal was to sort of be a unifying banner that Wrestling companies around the world can be attached to and get more international exposure.

I don't know what Jarrett's ultimate goal is, but if that's the plan, I like it. It is a good way to introduce American audiences to Japanese, Mexican, & European Pro Wrestling, and also get some American talents international exposure as well.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
I think the new wrestling shows including TNA is drawing well for their particular networks. Its not the wrestling companies fault that these tv networks doesn't have enough households. Plus, we live in a new age where streaming television,ondemand,etc. will take away from ratings.

·
Registered
9,003 Posts
I think the new wrestling shows including TNA is drawing well for their particular networks. Its not the wrestling companies fault that these tv networks doesn't have enough households. Plus, we live in a new age where streaming television,ondemand,etc. will take away from ratings.

tna is on a network that has like what, half the penetration of spike? and they do slightly under 50% of what they were doing on the bigger network.

·
Banned
2,164 Posts
That does seem like abit of a cluster fuck I hope this works out. I'm concerned they are not going to have any recognisable stars on the show as just about all the ex WWE guys are with Lucha Underground.

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
tna is on a network that has like what, half the penetration of spike? and they do slightly under 50% of what they were doing on the bigger network.
But Impact, Lucha Underground and probably NJPW is the top rated shows of their perspective networks. Tv networks is scared of wrestling because of ad rates not lack of viewers.

I predicted a couple of years ago, tv networks want ownership to invest in a wrestling show. Sinclair owning ROH, El Rey co owners of LU, Discovery have control over tna international deals in most countries, I am sure axs pays next to nothing for njpw since its all old footage. We all heard the rumors that spike was interested in buying tna in the past, once they got Bellator tna became an after thought.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I hope, at least they get a tv deal, Wrestling Companies lose a lot of Fans if they don't have a show on tv.

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
He's trying to network all the companies to work through him as a PPV/TV Client. He'll be the middle man making sure their product reaches other audiences. The companies don't have to worry about him fucking it up either because he'll most likely get a cut of whats bought.

·
Hug Life 'til I Die
19,011 Posts
I thought they were to be on tv by last month or was it January of 2016?

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,228 Posts
the original premise of gf was that they would.get a timeslot on cmt. without a tvdeal nothing will happen. the abysmally ratings for Lucha underground is probably.something that makes tv executives hesitant to invest in wrestling.
LU ratings are abysmal? My cable company doesn't carry El Rey, but I've heard and read nothing but good things about the program. What, are they doing Wrestling Society X (from Mtv) numbers?

Reactions: Showstopper

·
CHIEFS KINGDOM!
3,228 Posts
Global Force should be a bridge for companies to show their PPV here in America. In no way shape or form should it be an actual wrestling company but a distributing company of these companies with a understanding that once a year these companies come together here in America to put on a Wrestling Extravaganza that GF will sponsor and get full distribution rights.
I honestly thought that's what they already were, seeing how I've been hearing about GFW for quite some time now. But the only time I've seen their promotion tied to anything was Wrestle Kingdom IX.

Reactions: Showstopper
1 - 20 of 26 Posts