Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
#TEAMFIT
7,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems "deserve" is thrown around to much and tbh I don't feel we as fans have any authority to say who "deserves" a push and who doesnt.

I think alot of people don't realize that theres many reasons as to why a company may not decide to push a wrestler, even though it seems, from a fans perspective, nothing is stopping them. Whether it be they are unsafe or not ready in the ring, self injurys, disciplinary issues, creative issues, etc. I feel the reasons could be endless and we will never know because we don't work backstage

Id say The most We can do as fans is state who we would like to see get pushed and hope and pray they get elevated. And part of hoping and praying is cheering the hell out of them the arenas or giving them the the heel they need. etc. Thats all we as fans can do is show support and it can work if some of us just started showing more passion about the business. Vince would have to be an idiot to not push someone whos madly over.

I will say there are exceptions to this though and im aware of it. Politics can also play into someone not getting pushed but at the same time if our voices are heard loud enough Vince is almost obligated to push someone the fans get behind.

·
#RiseAbove
1,471 Posts
Re: I think deserve is thrown around too much. We need to show our support more at Sh

It seems "deserve" is thrown around to much and tbh I don't feel we as fans have any authority to say who "deserves" a push and who doesnt.

I think alot of people don't realize that theres many reasons as to why a company may not decide to push a wrestler, even though it seems, from a fans perspective, nothing is stopping them. Whether it be they are unsafe or not ready in the ring, self injurys, disciplinary issues, creative issues, etc. I feel the reasons could be endless and we will never know because we don't work backstage

Id say The most We can do as fans is state who we would like to see get pushed and hope and pray they get elevated. And part of hoping and praying is cheering the hell out of them the arenas or giving them the the heel they need. etc. Thats all we as fans can do is show support and it can work if some of us just started showing more passion about the business. Vince would have to be an idiot to not push someone whos madly over.

I will say there are exceptions to this though and im aware of it. Politics can also play into someone not getting pushed but at the same time if our voices are heard loud enough Vince is almost obligated to push someone the fans get behind.

As a fan, once you grasp, learn and undeniably understand this, the product become much more enjoyable because you 'get it'.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Re: I think deserve is thrown around too much. We need to show our support more at Sh

No, Vince is not obliged to do anything for us, Fatt Hardy would be world champ by now several times over if all it took were people cheering him. As too would, Kofi Kingston, Christian, John Morrison ...... Infact it seems lately that if you want to get pushed to the moon just be as boring as possible.

·
It me.
13,492 Posts

I agree with the OP on several counts, although you have to realize that a business push is not always the same thing as an actual push on the card.

If a performer is undeniably over, Vince will notice. That doesn't mean they'll give him a main event push and a title reign, but his actual work (you know, the thing he gets paid for) will increase, and his salary probably will as well. They'll either decide that since he's over and talented enough, they'll give him a push, or they'll decide that since he's over but is not a guy they have that much faith in, they'll use his popularity to propel another guy to the top by having that guy go over him in a feud.

Either way, he'll start appearing more on the show and be more prominently featured.

Why does Matt Hardy appear on shows all the time? R-Truth? Santino? Goldust, even?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts