Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the Rock started off as the nice face Rocky Maivia, later he turned heel and joined the Nation of Domination. To me it looks like Punks path may be similar to the Rocks in joining Nexus, either way I wanna see Punk kick Cena's ass. CM Punk is the best superstar in the WWE right now I think.

·
Registered
844 Posts
Punk is far closer to Jericho than he is to Rock in terms of, well, everything!

·
Registered
5,697 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,644 Posts
The Rock wasn't a 3 time World Champion before he joined The Nation.

With Punk its just a case of building him up again

·
Registered
844 Posts

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
They didn't hand out world titles like candy back in 1997.
took rock exactly 2 years to become wwe champion dont act like it took him years

Debuted at Survivor Series 96 won first title Survivor Series 98

Punk won his first world title 2 years in as well Debuted june 2006 wont first title june of 08

but unlike rock it took punk a good 7-8 years to get to WWE

·
8,599 Posts
i don't see this comparison at all, punk was already a bonafide star before joining nexus, they don't bring him up at all, or establish him any more.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I am pretty certain The Rock didn't hold a Main event title before he joined The Nation.
The Rock wasn't a 3 time World Champion before he joined The Nation.

With Punk its just a case of building him up again
I don't care if Rock held the WWF Title 11 times before joining NOD. Punk is straight edge, which means he's still better than him.

·
Banned
4,312 Posts
took rock exactly 2 years to become wwe champion dont act like it took him years

Debuted at Survivor Series 96 won first title Survivor Series 98

Punk won his first world title 2 years in as well Debuted june 2006 wont first title june of 08

but unlike rock it took punk a good 7-8 years to get to WWE
CM Punk was just like Danielson..just a snot nosed kid during the Indys. He ran into Eddie and Rey but that by a ton of luck since everyone knew they were gonna end up in the WWE no matter what. CM Punk really didn't stand out in the industry until 2005 when he signed the contract on the ROH belt.

·
Registered
7,130 Posts
you kidding me punk was a huge star on the indy scene before he signed with wwe

the punk/raven feud put him on the map not to mention the samoa joe matches which was give a 5 star rating at that

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
CM Punk was just like Danielson..just a snot nosed kid during the Indys. He ran into Eddie and Rey but that by a ton of luck since everyone knew they were gonna end up in the WWE no matter what. CM Punk really didn't stand out in the industry until 2005 when he signed the contract on the ROH belt.
You haven't got a fucking clue what you're talking about.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Comparison thread is not something you just don't do on here. Also the whole turn this guy baby face threads is getting so old. Turn Orton face, turn Sheamus face, turn Wade Barrett face, turn Triple H heel. I'm getting so sick of all of it. It does nothing for you or for any of the people on this forum one bit. It just makes your thread a weak reason to start a thread or something I can't figure out.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts