Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
He signed with FOX... Let's not get too excited.

But Yeah, still smells like a '' One Last run/match + HOF Induction '' in 2020 or 2021.

If this happens, i just hope that it's gonna be a surprise... And yes, a comeback in Chicago would be huuuuuuuuuuugeeeee !

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,526 Posts
CM Punk announcing at Survivor Series that he'll return to enter #1 at the 2020 Men's Royal Rumble match for next year confirmed :trips8

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Ummm, no, that is way too soon, maybe he'll come back sometime in 2020. He has a Fox contract.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
I don't see him being there, BUT....

I do think WrestleMania 36 is the best time possible to finally give him his Mania main event. It's not like WWE has anything else that's garnering buzz or probably even will in time for the show. They already did the first ever women's main event, no one wants to see Rollins/Brock/Reigns in the last match, a Fiend match wouldn't work as the main event with his current booking, and no one is really up for seeing the part-timers close the show either. CM Punk in the main event seems to be the most logical option as long as they can convince him to return to the ring. I just can't see WWE conjuring up anything more interesting or even remotely close to a Punk return in the next 4 months.

·
Registered
18,881 Posts
To do what, promote Backstage? I can't see a five minute promo cutting through the PPV just for that.

·
Registered
4,298 Posts
That would mean that CM Punk is an lousy negotiator or that he has has a terrible lawyer.

I think the logical move would be the upcoming months CM Punk and WWE will be wrapped in a tug of war negotiating his contract, both parties will want to get the most out of it.

WWE already did it's move, those two notorious "fans" at fron row of NXT with the Best in the Word t-shirts are not coincidence.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts