Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be quite nice. It could either be used to turn him heel, let him prove his moral values or even become the first cash in looser. Imagine if he won the briefcase and anounced on raw the night after that he would cash in at the next PPV and the champion wouldn't have another match. But what if the champion was Orton or Punk, Cena could realisticly loose and become the first cash-in looser, whcih would take the pressure of for the next guy.

In additoin I think it's stupid that it's always some up and comer who wins the briefcase. It seems unrealistic. Kane's victory was very nice since he had been in like a million MitB matches before. Also, why shouldn't the best win? The best being those who have held championships before.

I know that Cena hasn't been in a MitB match before, but one time has to be the first. the second point would work equally good with Orton or Sheamus or Big Show.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
It's pointless. Does he really need a MITB? I don't think he needs a one more title reign (I think he won't be champion for the next 6-8 months), let alone a MITB.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
He doesn't need a title reign anymore, let alone the briefcase. It just looks laughable for a 12 World Champion to walk around with a briefcase talking about when he'll cash it in even though he's had the title so many times that it makes no impact whatsoever.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
He doesn't need a title reign anymore, let alone the briefcase. It just looks laughable for a 12 World Champion to walk around with a briefcase talking about when he'll cash it in even though he's had the title so many times that it makes no impact whatsoever.
Absolutely. All it does is add to his list of achievements. Kayfabe wise, he is one of the greatest ever and he doesn't need a MITB to prove his greatness.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts
I'll agree with you OP.
Remember forum users, wrestling is supposed to be real. The money in the bank is supposed to be this massive event to get a free shot at the title.
Imagine if we had a star packed MITB RAW for a change, with a big name winning.
It would just make the years after mean more, if a younger talent was to win it.

·
Registered
4,492 Posts
I'll agree with you OP.
Remember forum users, wrestling is supposed to be real. The money in the bank is supposed to be this massive event to get a free shot at the title.
Imagine if we had a star packed MITB RAW for a change, with a big name winning.
It would just make the years after mean more, if a younger talent was to win it.
Kane was the big name that won it.

·
NOTORIOUS
6,837 Posts
What a great idea. Who cares about pushing young talent when they can put the briefcase on a former 12 time WWE Champion...

Bad idea. Put the briefcase on Ziggler/Rhodes/Barrett.

Reactions: Small Potatos

·
Registered
814 Posts
Apart from his young fans i think people have had their fill of seeing Cena with a title and it would just be too much to know that he could win one at any moment. No way would Cena be the 1st person not to win after cashing it in, unless it is part of a story line to turn him heel, and i think there is more of a chance of him turning heel than winning MITB.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Allthose people saying put it on Ziggler, Barrett, Rhodes. I wasn't talking about this year, and since when is MitB the only way to push young guys? Jeeez. Would the Royal Rumble hav been any special if it had only been one by fucking mid-carders? No. It's nice that the big names win it because it makes it more credible. God, people are so narrow minded some times.

·
Premium Member
15,068 Posts
I think Cena winning MITB would be a great way in turning him heel.

WWE for once should book an established star to win it because for every Edge and CM Punk that wins it, you have a Ken Kennedy, Jack Swagger and Alberto Del Rio.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts