Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If we assume they will both be in the MITB match, I think they should get into a feud moving forward.

Styles should win the MITB after Ambrose is so close to grabbing it, leading to Ambrose somehow convincing management to make Styles put it on the line at Battleground.

Ambrose has been garbage in the ring for almost the entire year, and he is really struggling out there these days. I can't remember the last time he had a really good match.

Styles should ultimately go over, but I think just facing someone like Styles, even in a losing effort, will do a lot more for Ambrose than winning boring, painful to watch matches with the likes of Jericho.

Just being in a feud with Styles has boosted Reigns credibility to a level it has never been at before, and he now has 2 match of the year candidates to his name. He is getting praise from legends, critics and even some of his haters for the quality of this feud, even if we dont agree with the person going over.

Ambrose could really do with some of that Styles magic.

·
Banned
1,605 Posts
Styles can put on a 5 star match with anyone in this company and both can cut a promo so I think they can have a good program with each other and both get a good rub.

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Could work very well. Ambrose could have a great match with a great worker like Styles. Ambrose could do the majority of the promo work too.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
If they do this. AJ should win the fued

·
Team Narcisse
7,940 Posts
Nah, Ambrose has been boring as fuck amd I don't want to see AJ get fed to the Shield one by one. Vince will have him lose even to weak link of the group just to further his WWE creations are superior bs.

Reactions: Ace

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
No thanks.

Ambrose is just now starting to rebuild a bit of credibility, why the hell should he suddenly become Styles' bitch? Those two haven't interacted once, since Styles' debut. They both need wins, it's not the right time.

·
Registered
3,896 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No thanks.

Ambrose is just now starting to rebuild a bit of credibility, why the hell should he suddenly become Styles' bitch? Those two haven't interacted once, since Styles' debut. They both need wins, it's not the right time.
Wins arent always the be all and end all. Ambrose looks worse after his 2 wins over Jericho then he did going into it, and Styles looks better after his 2 losses than he did beforehand.

Ambrose needs someone who he can have an entertaining match with, more than anything. He is extremely boring in the ring these days and I don't see anyone better who can help him than AJ Styles.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Ambrose needs to go away and have a complete makeover of his gimmick and wrestling style as he is just lacking in alot of areas right now.

He can still talk but that's really his only saving grace currently, butting him in a feud with styles "might" get him a good match or two but what next after that? Just a band aid over a wound that won't stop bleeding.

It's all gone downhill for him since that goddam hot dog stand and Seth Rollins manikin.

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Wins arent always the be all and end all. Ambrose looks worse after his 2 wins over Jericho then he did going into it, and Styles looks better after his 2 losses than he did beforehand.

Ambrose needs someone who he can have an entertaining match with, more than anything. He is extremely boring in the ring these days and I don't see anyone better who can help him than AJ Styles.
Wins do matter. The audience has a hard time taking Ambrose seriously in big matches because he always loses. Look at his Roadblock match against HHH, they NO SOLD him as a potential winner. How do you stop that from happening? By giving him wins.

I don't have a problem with them feuding, but now is not the time. AJ needs to be in a feud against a clear heel and win it dominantly. Ambrose just needs to continue winning matches. Maybe a few months down the line, they can feud together.

I just don't see what's the point of Ambrose winning a feud and losing the next one just to make the loser of a championship match rebound from his loss. That shouldn't be his role.

·
Registered
9,983 Posts
Ambrose kinda needs to go over someone everyone fucking hates, while at the same time being given the freedom to say whatever he wants. Because the apathy towards him is getting out of hand.

Styles, while he came out of the Reigns feud ok, needs to simply be thrown a bone. If Cena isn't returning to pick off Rusev and continue his open challenge nonsense, then perhaps a Styles/Rusev feud could be worthwhile.

·
Madness is the emergency exit
2,826 Posts
I agree with everything except Styles winning the briefcase.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Styles still has all the momentum in the world, while Ambrose is getting more boring by the day. I'm really not a fan of this idea. There are so many good feuds AJ can still have here, why waste him on an attitude era parody?

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Styles can put on a 5 star match with anyone in this company and both can cut a promo so I think they can have a good program with each other and both get a good rub.
Yeah I know.

People want to give people like me shit for saying AJ, Cesaro, Rollins, KO, Zayn etc. all having that 10 years experience over guys like Roman, but Roman can't put on great matches with any body.

Roman needed Wyatt almost exclusively, and hasn't put on 1 good match, Brock and AJ worked him good, cause its a skill getting your ass kicked, but it doesn't get you anywhere, it helps others, but not when the log gets to rollover on top of you at end and get a win they clearly didn't deserve.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts