Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· ~Believe~
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
be very ticked. There has not been a championship match for the divas at mania since Wrestlemania 23. I am shocked that Snooki is going to be at mania, HOWEVER she did do a nice job with the attack on layla, I was quite impressed with that, but she is far from deserving a match at Mania. I just hope Eve gets to defend her title, if I were to set up a match I would make it Eve VS Beth Phoenix VS Awesome Kong VS Gail Kim (I know its wishful thinking). I just hope they have a good match set up for the divas title and not continue to have silly matches. I am even more shocked that John Morrison and Dolph is in all of this! Dolph goes from being in the World Title pic to this. I think the one good thing out of this is Trish Stratus being at Mania for the first time since 22

· Premium Member
46,595 Posts
If there is no Diva's Title match at Wrestlemania, I swear I will...

...not care in the slightest.

Right now the lead feud for the belt is Eve Torres Vs. The Bellas....YIKES!!! I don't know what the hell Natalie did to deserve the depushing, but what can you do?

You idea for a match isn't a bad one, but WWE hasn't done anything remotely interesting with the girls lately, so why bother forcing square pegs into a round hole for Mania? Post Mania they can start setting those matches up and hopefully add some kind of intrigue to the division again, but right now, the title is floundering, like many of the titles in mainstream wrestling.

· ~Believe~
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You idea for a match isn't a bad one, but WWE hasn't done anything remotely interesting with the girls lately
thats EXACTLY why I said it was more wishful thinking cause you're right, the divas have been greatly underused and there has been no decent feud in quite some time. I think the WWE is doing exactly what they have done before, have great divas to use (Natalya, Beth Phoenix, Michelle McCool, Melina, possibly awesome Kong soon, Gail Kim and even Layla does well) to name a few and they still are not making great feuds or title matches. Gail has not won a title in the WWE in nearly 9 years...NINE YEARS!!!! She is a great wrestler and deserves a chance to carry on a great title feud. I think I am still in shock over then getting rid of the Women's title for the Divas title...if they were smart they would bring back the Women's title and expand the divas division by having two great diva feuds with nice diva selections on both RAW and Smackdown, but I have a big feeling the peak of the divas division in the WWE has come and gone.

I am not sure why Natalya and Melina has been put on Superstars matches either but I think its ridiculous. I have always been a fan of the Divas division but my hope for something to turn it around is going down even more. I would enjoy seeing Layla go in a singles title feud with someone instead of always having Michelle next to her. That is why I was so thrilled she won the women's title, it was the perfect opportunity to see how she would do having the title herself, but then they went and had that co women's title crap which I completely despised as they wouldn't let Layla have her time in the sun, they always have to have Michelle in the lime light one way or another.

· Registered
384 Posts
Why is snooki there- to add the "celebrity" angle. I know many people will be watching it, especially the "entertainment" shows(which i dont care about) to see.......... SNOOKI, THE AMAZING WRESTLER!!!!

sigh.

· Registered
392 Posts
Last thing we need is two Diva's matches. One is more than enough.

Even though it's not strictly Diva's match because of Morrison and Ziggler, we all know it's a Diva's match with those 2 just tagged on.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
When they gave Natayla's title to Eve for ABSOLUTELY NO REASON...then I think it became apparent that the Diva title didn't have a real place at WM this year.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
i will not care, because it will only add a rubbish match to mania.

· Excellent. The bar is so low we can step over it.
1,155 Posts
Here's a diva match for you... why not have the entire divas locker room line up at WM in single file and let Awesome Kong destory them one by one.
You know, that actually doesn't sound like the terrible idea you make it out to be. Aside from Natalya (purely from an in-ring standpoint), Beth (the full package) and Eve (because she doesn't completely suck and is an excellent spokesperson/figurehead for the Divas), they don't have anyone in the division who there would be any point in protecting.

Send out Kong as LayCool's new bodyguard and have her run through the entire locker room until she reaches Beth Phoenix who is presented as the final hope for the Divas. You let Natalya and Eve put up a fight at separate intervals but fall, to give the fans some hope and the Divas title an ounce of credibility as they're the most recent champions, and then let Kong and Beth battle it out at the end. It'd be the most meaningful build a Divas match has had since WM22, and the end of it might actually be worth watching.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
There IS a Divas match!

the 6 person has a celebrity and three divas. That should fill the Diva botch quota.

Now....

I swear if we do get ANOTHER Divas match at Mania I will...... be EXTREMELY PISSSED!

· Registered
9,416 Posts
Why is snooki there- to add the "celebrity" angle. I know many people will be watching it, especially the "entertainment" shows(which i dont care about) to see.......... SNOOKI, THE AMAZING WRESTLER!!!!

sigh.
And thus that's the only reason for Snooki, publicity and entertainment shows talking about it.

WWE:no:

· ~Believe~
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There IS a Divas match!

the 6 person has a celebrity and three divas. That should fill the Diva botch quota.

Now....

I swear if we do get ANOTHER Divas match at Mania I will...... be EXTREMELY PISSSED!
obviously you didn't read what I said, I said DIVAS TITLE MATCH, not just a regular divas match, there is a divas match every Wrestlemania. I don't want some stupid divas match, I want a match where it involves two, three or four tough women in a title match. I would be thrilled to see Awesome Kong VS Beth Phoenix (If Beth had the title) or have Eve drop the title to Gail before then have Gail VS Beth or something.
Just because there are some women in the WWE with no wrestling talent, it doesn't mean all the divas should be considered crappy wrestlers. Everyone has their own opinions on the divas division which I respect, but the way I see it, not all of them are crappy wrestlers. Unfortunately most of the time the WWE chooses not to book the talented diva wrestlers for title matches or big events. I am hoping for another divas match but this time a title match involving great talents. If it were me I would make it Eve (just because she is current champion) VS Beth VS Gail VS Natalya (or Kong if she were to debut)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.