Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
yes i think he is better than triple h, he had the longevity and quality, he really has been one of the only shining moments of this otherwise downfall of professional wrestling, and i think he was the best heel last decade and have thought so since day one, i made this same thread 2 years ago and was shat on. if people could stop the nostalgia for one second and give me their opinion now it would be appreciated

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/raw/531774-randy-orton-best-heel-decade.html#post9172205

that's the one from 2010

·
Registered
3,635 Posts
One of the best heels of all-time, yet one of the worst faces of all-time. I wish he would turn heel again, but it seems unlikely since he's too over and likeable. I don't think you should compare his heel-run to Triple H's though.

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
Triple H (Evolution)
Edge
JBL
CM Punk (SES)

All better heels than Orton.

·
Registered
975 Posts
His run in 09 feuding with the McMahon-Helmsley family was epic. So epic it made Paul Heyman mark out. Him kissing a ko'd Stephanie while triple h was handcuffed watching was amazing. They ruined it with a complete shit match at wm, but I agree Orton is an amazing heel.

·
Raevolution is a Mystery
23,791 Posts
He was good '03-'05, '06 he was good for some of it, '07 he got good around the end of the year, '08 he started off really good but fizzled off and then early '09 he was awesome but the 2nd half of the year he was stuck in lame feuds.

I wouldn't say he was the best heel of the last decade but he was good.

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Triple H (Evolution)
Edge
JBL
CM Punk (SES)

All better heels than Orton.
Pretty much this. I mean really? I would not rate Orton above any of those guys in heeldom. Ten years? What about Jericho?

Come on now.

·
Premium Member
400 Posts
Orton was up there with HHH and Edge as the best heal of the last decade, Jericho from 08-10 was very good too kinda changed the way people approach the heel role

·
Premium Member
12,138 Posts
Orton was a great heel, but the best of the last decade? Just to clarify, that's from 2002 until now right?

Brock Lesnar 02
Triple H 03
JBL 04
Chris Jericho 08
Shawn Michaels 05
Edge 06

Orton struggles to rate amongst those guys due to the massive loss at WrestleMania. Had he gone over and had a sustained run at that time, who knows.

·
Likes wrestling....
8,750 Posts
Well I disagree, but a lot of people agree with you....

This is why I think Randy Orton is possibly the most over-rated wrestler in the last 10 years...

His schtick was so boring, I can talk real slow, tilt my head to the side, snarl, and raise an eyebrow. It is so much easier to get over as a heel. Especially when the writers keep putting you over. Fact is Orton has had everything handed to him. He has been forced down our throats, the writers have kept him on top, he eliminated a guy with actual charisma in Kennedy for fear of being overshadowed.

He's not able to carry the company, a good heel can.

Jericho, Edge, Lesner, Angle, JBL, HHH, Kane, Kenneday, Batista, and more.. I take anyone of them over Orton.

·
Banned
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
none of the people you named could carry the company either, or they would be the top dog and not john cena, seeing as they all had a chance, but nice logic

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Agree to an extent. JBL, Jericho and HHH are all comparable. I find it funny that some say Orton was shoved down throats but praise HHH as a heel (in his Evolution period) when he was basically raping the World Heavyweight Championship from 2002 until Batista beat him at Wrestlemania 21.

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Orton is without a doubt one of the best heels of the last decade. His 2009 is one of the biggest drawing years for a wrestler worldwide in the last decade. Great promo, plenty of memorable feuds and matches, big money programs, character development, total package. Easily one of the best, he was one of the biggest stars/draws of the last decade as a heel for most of it. Legend killer 2004-2007, Age of Orton 2007-2008, Viper 2009. All awesome work in every aspect.

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
HHH and JBL are/were better heels the last 10 years. Bully Ray is better right now than Orton.

·
Banned
175 Posts
He was only a great heel in 2004 and 2007-2010. The rest of the decade he was nowhere as good. Punk was even better as a heel. But HHH was the best heel of the decade.

1 - 20 of 94 Posts