Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Banned
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEY FUCKERS, THIS CONTAINS SPOILERS.

I just don't get it. So Christian is NOT going to be in the main event for the WHC title match. I have been under the impression of that for a couple of weeks now, and I still know right now for a fact that Christian is not going to be in the title match. I find out on Thursday that Christian will be in a eight man tag team match involving the Core against him, Kofi, Kane and Show at Wrestlemania, which I think is a complete waste of a match even though it might turn out to be a good match considering some of the talent that's in the match.

Yet despite this, WWE for some strange reason, continues to involve Christian in the main storyline. On Smackdown, Christian once again saved Edge from Del Rio, and they made Christian look good in this segment, and it looks like we're going to have another confrontation between the two next week on Smackdown. Why is it that the WWE decides to do these segments and yet have already made up their minds about not having Christian in the main event? I don't get it. When you want to add someone to a match and make it a triple threat match, this is usually how you do it. All they would have to do is make a confrontation between Christian and Edge and just like that your set, but the thing is, I already know they aren't going to do that, because they don't want Christian to be in the match. So what was the point of this? Why do they continue to involve Christian if he's not going to be in the match? Why not wait until after Wrestlemania to have Christian look for revenge on Del Rio?

Here's a better question. Why don't they just stop being pussies and put him in the match?

Because they have no faith in him. They never have and they probably never will. It's an unfortunate fact that we've come to know for a long time. But Christian already had his revenge at EC. I already know he won't be in the main event. The thing I'm just not getting is why are they involving him in the main storyline if he's already going to be involved in another one with seven other guys? Do they have any idea how stupid it's going to look when after all of that, Christian suddenly forgets about pursing the opportunity to be in the match and just goes after the Corre with three other random people?

I think they honestly could've came up with something better than this. Once again, Christian's talents are wasted away at Wrestlemania in a match that has no meaning to it (well, it has some meaning but you get my point.)

· 1/100
8,051 Posts
Common sense says that if they wanted Christian out of the ADR/Edge picture, then they should have waited until after the PPV or just abandoned the Christian/ADR thing all together but they didn't.

We know that Vince hates Christian and he only *thinks* of him as a hellova hand, but I could see him inserted into the match because of Edge and only Edge. One can chose to believe the dirtsheet report on that *final* WM card, but I on the other hand will somewhat believe the dirtsheet report that Edge personally asked for his WM opponent to e Christian and that (IMO) the potential 3-way with ADR going over is a compromise.

Either way we will find on in the next few weeks. If Christian is gonna do the Corre thing, then I would expect some kind of interaction next week. If it's more Del Rio/Edge next week than I think it's more likely he'll be inserted in the match.

· Registered
1,063 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if there was a swerve and they have Christian turn on Edge at WM.
Dammit! Beaten to it. :)

Yeah that was my initial thought. Christian causes Edge to lose the WHC and then they feud for a while with Christian booked strong - perhaps coming out on top. That would set Christian up for a credible World Title reign as Edge has held numerous.

· Registered
3,509 Posts
he has story with DeL Rio and Edge is his best friend, it makes FUCKING SENSE. But anyway, i dont see a reasons to why everyone is believing that source, its still possible Christian is in the WHC match.

People complained that Sheamus vs HHH feud was ignored a few weeks ago, then What about the Christian/Del Rio feud? Hypocrites!

· Banned
1,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Common sense says that if they wanted Christian out of the ADR/Edge picture, then they should have waited until after the PPV or just abandoned the Christian/ADR thing all together but they didn't.

We know that Vince hates Christian and he only *thinks* of him as a hellova hand, but I could see him inserted into the match because of Edge and only Edge. One can chose to believe the dirtsheet report on that *final* WM card, but I on the other hand will somewhat believe the dirtsheet report that Edge personally asked for his WM opponent to e Christian and that (IMO) the potential 3-way with ADR going over is a compromise.

Either way we will find on in the next few weeks. If Christian is gonna do the Corre thing, then I would expect some kind of interaction next week. If it's more Del Rio/Edge next week than I think it's more likely he'll be inserted in the match.
Actually Vince doesn't hate him at all. Christian has said himself that Vince had welcomed him back with open arms, so I'm pretty sure that there's no personal hatred between them. I don't think Vince would've went through all that trouble and effort just to get him back from TNA if he did hate him. But the thing is that Vince doesn't have any faith in Christian. He just never liked his look. What he thinks of a main eventer is the exact opposite of what Christian is in his view. I don't like the idea of it but that's the way business is I guess.

I think that Christian has great potential to be a main eventer. I can remember back in 2005 when he was so incredibly over that the WWE literally had no choice but to push him. I mean this guy was more over than Cena was, the fans were so into his segments no matter where he was. Everyone either loved him or loved to hate him, it went to the point where the WWE couldn't hold him back any longer. I don't get what happened after that though. He has a nice feud with Cena then all of a sudden they trade him to Smackdown. I just never understood the logic in all of that.

· You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts
It’s quite pretty simple. WWE is trying to toy with the IWC emotions with Christian again to make it seem like he got some mere chance in entering the match, in story sense it make sense with Christian just continuing to beat the hell out of Del Rio every night cause he the man who put him on the shelf for 6 months. But trust and believe, there will be a time where Del Rio will definitely put Christian down so he can be a non-factor (in some fashion) so the story will focus back on Edge and himself again with the rivalry spicing up even further.

WWE is simply waving the treat in front of the IWC Face, teasing everyone with Christian may or may not be in the match and it seems once again most people are taking the bait (usually the blind Christian marks) and its working successfully while I and the minority are not buying it for one bit.

If some miracle that Christian is officially added to the match with no sudden changes or anything, Christian will clearly be the one getting pinned by Del Rio so that way Edge can still look strong to continue his feud with him at Extreme Rules. Period.

Christian will not and will never be World Champion.

· Registered
6,603 Posts
It’s quite pretty simple. WWE is trying to toy with the IWC emotions with Christian again to make it seem like he got some mere chance in entering the match, in story sense it make sense with Christian just continuing to beat the hell out of Del Rio every night cause he the man who put him on the shelf for 6 months. But trust and believe, there will be a time where Del Rio will definitely put Christian down so he can be a non-factor (in some fashion) so the story will focus back on Edge and himself again with the rivalry spicing up even further.

WWE is simply waving the treat in front of the IWC Face, teasing everyone with Christian may or may not be in the match and it seems once again most people are taking the bait (usually the blind Christian marks) and its working successfully while I and the minority are not buying it for one bit.

If some miracle that Christian is officially added to the match with no sudden changes or anything, Christian will clearly be the one getting pinned by Del Rio so that way Edge can still look strong to continue his feud with him at Extreme Rules. Period.

Christian will not and will never be World Champion.
You believe the WWE's primary objective with the WHC match at the biggest show of the year is to annoy some internet fans? Makes sense.

Even if the WWE doesn't want Christian to even compete for the title, ever, looking at Edge's history with Christian, Del Rio's history with Christian and the fact he's returned from injury and has stated he may not be back in the ring until the European tour after WM, him getting involved in this storyline is incredibly logical.

At least he's being kept relevant and is being used. It could be worse.

· Registered
1,368 Posts
I personally see it happening, but if it doesn't and Del Rio wins, then it looks like Christian will be getting a title feud.

But in all honesty Edge vs Christian vs Del Rio is a bigger draw than just Edge vs Christian. There isnt a great deal of interesting build up between the two of them and the three way is just more interesting.

· Registered
2,635 Posts
sounds to me like you are taking the word of a dirt sheet as gospel. considering the matches on that "confirmed card" I wouldnt count on any match not already confiirmed as truth. Even then most will probably be added to and played with before mania. This title match is one of them. not having Christian involved is a stupid idea and the only idea that will make the match interesting to people. Without him it just lacks that speacial something. 4 weeks to go. 8 episodes and 16 hours of on air build to go...plenty time to play with feuds and announce additions.

· Registered
1,604 Posts
people are still talking about this Christian isnt going to be in the match end of story.

· Premium Member
5,919 Posts
Im not biased or anything but Christian is the missing piece to this ADR/Edge feud. He makes the feud more interesting and watchable. So I think he will be in the main event, whether he wins or not depends on momentum and crowd reactions

· You're better than that Cole.
4,004 Posts
You believe the WWE's primary objective with the WHC match at the biggest show of the year is to annoy some internet fans? Makes sense.

Even if the WWE doesn't want Christian to even compete for the title, ever, looking at Edge's history with Christian, Del Rio's history with Christian and the fact he's returned from injury and has stated he may not be back in the ring until the European tour after WM, him getting involved in this storyline is incredibly logical.

At least he's being kept relevant and is being used. It could be worse.
My post was basically towards my fellow IWC members cause people asking the same thing over and over again, maybe I didn’t word it correctly but from majority of OUR point of view, WWE is infact teasing us with the Christian deal.

Now the OP was saying that in a nutshell what was the whole point of Christian keep interfering if he is not going to be added to the match? And it’s quite simple, Christian is getting his revenge cause Del Rio had put this man out of action for 6 months.

All I basically said was do not let WWE fool you and yes it’s good Christian is being relevant and if Christian is somehow added to the match by some miracle, then trust and believe he will be the one getting the pinfall or tapping out in order for Edge to maintain his credibility/momentum so he can further his feud with Del Rio. Not cause to "toy" with the internet fans because Edge is clearly far the superior star then Christian while WWE is behind Del Rio in pushing him to be one of the top players of the future.

WWE does this kind of booking all the time. I’ve seen this kind of thing happen for years. Ill be shocked if they do pull a swerve with Christian though and I won't complain at all.

· Registered
2,345 Posts
I don't think Christian will be in the match at Wrestlemania. I think the WWE wants that match to be ADR's time if he's indeed to win the title at Mania. Christian being in the match kinda steals ADR's thunder.

I do think they're setting up Christian vs. ADR after Mania though.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.