Wrestling Forum banner

I Seriously Can't Understand this.....(spoiler)

4450 51
First I would like to congratulate Eve on her Divas title win....but what the hell is the point of this? I can't understand why they gave the divas title to a woman who was barely in the Divas title picture, she has had a few match victories but Why didn't they give it to Melina? They could of had Melina VS Natalya, and then have the GM announce Laycool getting a rematch due to the contract and made it a fatal 4 way and made Melina a 3 time champion and then have her and her heel phase be useful in a championship reign for awhile.

My only thought is they will be having Awesome Kong debut and destroy Eve in a championship feud or something. All I know is WWE missed a golden opportunity *Literally* to debut Awesome Kong in a great way. If not Kong they could of even had Beth in the match. I am interested to see how this is going to go.
Reactions: Ashleigh Rose
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have no idea, the whole night had ridiculous and meaningless booking.
well now now I wouldn't say the WHOLE night was useless booking, but I would agree that some of it was, they could of had HHH or Christian in Hornswoggles spot in the rumble. But as for the divas, the booking was more confusing then meaningless

·
Registered
184 Posts
Well, Melina's heel. WWE didn't like 3 on 1 handicap so they pick some random face divas from Raw. It's happens to be Eve. Put her in the match and randomly wins. WWE love cliffhanger ends so they done this.

·
Registered
8,239 Posts
well now now I wouldn't say the WHOLE night was useless booking, but I would agree that some of it was, they could of had HHH or Christian in Hornswoggles spot in the rumble. But as for the divas, the booking was more confusing then meaningless
Why would they have Triple H or Christian in the Royal Rumble when they haven't recovered from their injuries?

There's really no clues that they were returning, either.

Matter of fact, I read a report that Christian suffered a major setback with his shoulder and could be out a long time.

Honestly, I was expecting Triple H, but I wasn't exactly shocked when he didn't show up.

·
~Believe~
2,738 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, Melina's heel. WWE didn't like 3 on 1 handicap so they pick some random face divas from Raw. It's happens to be Eve. Put her in the match and randomly wins. WWE love cliffhanger ends so they done this.
I doubt it would of been a 3 on 1 handicapped match if Melina was in the Fatal 4 way. Mainly because Melina may be heel and not like Natalya, but she is not going to align herself with Laycool to punish Natalya, they would of had her do anything to become champion. Also as we saw the standoff between Layla and Michelle, there is a ***** in the Armour of the friendship of Laycool, and it is the Divas title. If those 4 women squared off, I definitely think it would of been any woman for herself. Also that moonsault Eve did was pretty impressive, there hasn't been a moonsault that claimed a championship in the divas division like that in a while

·
Premium Member
86,249 Posts
It's the Divas division... it doesn't really matter.

I think they want to try to create another Trish with Eve. I don't think that'll happen but I don't have a problem with Eve at all. At least she's a legit ass kicker.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,974 Posts
WWE has been telling the audience to not care about the Divas Champonship for quite a while now, and The Royal Rumble booking was only a continuation of that. The real story is all about LayCool. It should be called the LayCool Division, with random, disposable orbiting supporting players coming in and out of the main highway of it from time to time.

·
Banned
319 Posts
Who cares.

Roughly 20 - 25 people in my theater went to the bathroom the moment they announced the divas match was about to take place.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,625 Posts
I honestly couldn't figure it out either. The booking of that title match thoroughly confused me to be honest. When it got changed to a fatal fourway I thought that maybe Kong or Beth would be there to start a feud between Nattie/Beth or something but then we got...Eve? I was confused, then she won...and I was more confused. What does this do for anyone exactly? I just don't understand it...

·
I recycle.
1,385 Posts
Does she have to have the belt for Kong to make an impressive debut? Makes no sense, rather it been Gail Kim at least she's been on TV in the last 2 weeks, Eve had zero reaction appearing and winning.

·
The Man
30,830 Posts
I really... really... don't know.

I got up to get some snacks when the match was about to begin, but then sat back down when they announced it was a fatal 4 way. I was actually pretty excited when they began building up to the final competitor, and I was thinking for sure it had to be Kong, who would come out and kick ass. But no, it's... it's... Eve fucking Torres. Yay?

Really, who cares about her? And it's not even as if she was returning from an injury or something; she's been on Smackdown recently. I felt really good for her after the match though; she was crying and everything and I think it really was a big moment for her. I just think it was anticlimactic and nobody really cared.

But it's the divas, so I really don't care regardless.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.