Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
TNA heavily are relying on Gunner and Crimson and have pushed both nicely in the last few months. While I am a fan of Crimson and Gunner has grown on me, along with it being a good choice to go with Beer Money vs. Angle, I can't help but think that the most criminally overlooked person on the roster is Brutus Magnus.

Crimson is a fine choice; but Magnus is a year younger and he tops Crimson in promo skills and is not a bad wrestler either. When was the last time this guy was even on TV? I really think he has "it." I'm excited with what TNA is doing with Beer Money vs. Angle and I see potential in Crimson for sure. Gunner is ok even though I really did NOT like his days with Murphy at all.

Brutus Magnus has TALENT. He has IT. He may NEVER get his shot but nothing tells me he wouldn't be worthy of one.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would be happy to just see him on TV. I'm hoping Ink Inc. defeats Mexican America at BFG for the Tag Titles and Magnus uses his Xplosion championship challenge on Ink Inc. for the titles with Douglas.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I also would be happy to see him on TV. But if TNA wants to go for a really young guy, even younger than Beer Money, I am torn between Crimson and Magnus as to who would be the best choice.

I've always wanted to see Williams with the strap but I think Magnus is more likely.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
I love it whenever he's on commentary, funny guy. Push him! Fuck Crimson, Gunner, and the other losers they're pushing.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I AM a Crimson fan but I can't believe how overlooked Magnus has been. When talking about future stars who are World Title Material, I see Beer Money, Kazarian, Crimson and Magnus.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
He's got more going for him than Crimson and Gunner put together. His match with Alex Shelley on Xplosion was good, if a tad overrated. But yeah he has ridiculous amounts of upside with charisma and mic skills not being a problem, and still only 24/25.

He's got Mickie James on his arm, the lucky ****

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Magnus will be 25 in a little less than two months. Obviously lots of time but this guy deserves SO MUCH more than what he is getting. I wouldn't mind it if they made an on screen thing with Mickie and Magnus.

I mean Gunner gets pushed heavily in the BFG Series and yet somebody talented like Magnus goes nowhere near TV let alone anything else.

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Magnus will be 25 in a little less than two months. Obviously lots of time but this guy deserves SO MUCH more than what he is getting. I wouldn't mind it if they made an on screen thing with Mickie and Magnus.

I mean Gunner gets pushed heavily in the BFG Series and yet somebody talented like Magnus goes nowhere near TV let alone anything else.
I'd love it if Magnus did his own version of the Robert Roode character (back when he was like a more intense version of Rick Rude.) Magnus used to do a highly comical version of the Rick Rude character back in days on the British independent wrestling scene, if he made it more serious, then that would be great, also having Mickie on his arm on TV aswell would just add to it.

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm not sure how that would work out since I have never seen it. But seeing as how huge of a player Mickie is to TNA I can't help but think she would help Magnus get over and give him the exposure he is way overdue for.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
I am big on Crimson but do agree that Magnus should be getting the push that Gunner was getting.

Crimson & Magnus are definitely two guy's to watch out for in the next few years.

·
Banned
8,283 Posts
Brutus Magnus is the typical good mid carder to have on your roster if the company was stable and people gave a crap and they were making money and well but by no means should he be world champion in TNA now or any company at any point.

·
Banned
444 Posts
If he will use the shot against Ink Inc., will be yet another defeat for the British Invasion.

There is no room for Magnus, and the British Invasion is a Jobber Tag Team.

I don't like him, but I'd give it a chance anyway.

·
Registered
737 Posts
fuck some of u guys on here love to push the worst guys (not saying magnus is horrible though). id hate to watch a company booked by any of you. wed have samoa joe and daniels and magnus in teh world title picture great...

·
Registered
3,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
For those of you who are against Magnus, I would like to hear your reasons. I think the man is talented enough and he is still young. This isn't Rob Terry or Robbie E we are talking about here. When thinking of the really young talent worthy of a shot at the big time, Magnus I feel would be a deserving choice with his nice look and mic skills.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts