Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Mostly because he has nowhere left to go as a heel, after jobbing to all the headliners in convincing fashion since they started to punish him. I just can't see Vince have a former WWE champion stay in the background or midcard hell forever. Especially one willing to make lots of appearances for the company.

So the only way forward is to turn when he returns from making his movie. With his not exactly intimidating face and body, Miz might be better suited to against-all-odds babyface role. He has the promo skills to get over and the clean shaven babyface look, not to mention the 'really' thing sort of got the crowd on his side.

They also need another houseshow working face headliner, after losing 'Taker, Triple H, Shawn Michaels, Jeff Hardy and Edge in the last 2 & 1/2 years. They've sort of lost Rey Mysterio through injuries and now drug issues; Chris Jericho seems content playing heel and the heel scene is brimming (e.g. Lesnar, Del Rio, Bryan, Barrett, Rhodes and the recent arrivals) .

·
The Winds of Change
5,627 Posts
The best thing they could do for Miz's facepalm of a direction right now, is put him on Smackdown and work a redemption angle with him, slowly face turning him. Have him recognize his ignorance and selfish ways, and that they simply weren't working because he has fallen so far since Wrestlemania 27. Get the fans behind him by recognizing his mistakes and effort to get back on track.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
He pretty much makes it clear that he doesn't give two shits about work rate and think its all about mainstream entertainment appeal. He came in to be the WWE's Ryan Seacrest. I can't really support a guy like that. Other guys are terrible wrestlers too, like Sheamus and Cena, but to be so outwardly unashamed of it is embarrassing.

·
Registered
310 Posts
he doesnt want to be a face and if he becomes one expect him to ridiculous acts till they finally fire him like carlito.

Miz is not meant to be a face, he can be a great heel with a lil tweaking

·
Registered
310 Posts
if its done right him n jericho could be a great fued, have them be both heels like they are but let us pick who we should like and go for

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
i dont see it happening. the real life miz seems like a complete cock. hes never gotten any kind of good reaction from the crowd... theres just nothing to work with.

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
Maybe once Marine 3 release date comes closer he'll turn face to help promote the movie.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
i meant good reaction as in... cheers. the audience getting being him... ala, a reason to turn him face. i never said he wasnt a good heel. hes good at being dislikable, not so good at wrestling. and not so good at making interesting promos that make any sense.

·
Banned
4,704 Posts

·
Registered
4,305 Posts
Miz would make a good douchebag insult comic face like The Rock or Chris Jericho. Plus his small size and average in ring ability actually works in his favor as a face, as it would make him quite the underdog.

·
Banned
3,223 Posts
Are there actually people who want to cheer for Miz?

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,135 Posts
Honestly, he has hit his peak as a heel. Even the biggest MizFit will have to admit that. Hell, he hasn't made any noticeable improvements in his ring and mic work in quite some time. He's been cutting the same promo for two years. And quite frankly, I don't know if he'd work as a face. They should've tried this last year to be honest. It's still worth a try, I guess.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.