Wrestling Forum banner

I say it was planned out this way....

768 Views 8 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  kersed
After the Attitude Era and the big names started leaving things got really stale. Then out of the blue everything went PG. Then when they went PG there was a lot of emphasizing that they were PG. Last year a lot was mentioned about being PG and when things were said that were not supposed to be said as Cena did a big deal was made about it and he needed to appologize for it. I thought that was the lamest thing knowing other shows that are PG have used the same word and as far as the TV I watch there was nothing in the news about the language Cena used. So, in my opinion the whole PG thing was part of a big plan to reboot and build up to the return of the Rock. If not then why are they not demanding that the Rock to appologize for his language he has used for two weeks straight. I love the Rock and his promo's, but I am yet to see him cut one with out using bad language or a reference that had nothing to do with shoving something.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Kiddo's he's not talking about pie you bake. If you watched way back in the attitude era and when he started saying that was just priceless and shocking for something to be said on tv the way he did.

· Banned
2,684 Posts
It wasn't. A big reason was a lucrative toy deal. Rock is not returning full-time. At most, he'll probably make an appearance here and there beyond Wrestlemania but you're talking once a year or so. WWE hasn't been making a master plan for his "glorious" return or something.

· Registered
797 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I believe it's been more than about just his return, but a small return of an era that people have craved for. Wrestling was so PG for sop many years on TV. I began watching it with my Saturday Morning cartoons. When i got older it just didn't entertain me as much, but i continued to fallow it. Then one day it got awsome. The only thing I have ever felt is they needed to go back and reboot. I see the Rock being more like you said and only doing the big shows.

· Registered
534 Posts
The Rock says it because he's got Vince by the balls - Not the other way around.

WWE is paying The Rock big money to do what he is doing its not like they are going to back out now.

· Registered
710 Posts
I don't think it was ever being planned that way. Vince is a sucker for success, when he saw things going downhill he turned it PG to get deals and money coming in, and now when WM started looking boring he brought in the old names, nothing else.

· Childish Gambino Is #1
6,268 Posts
They barely know what they're doing for the next show (at least it seems) let alone plan out a whole 5-7 years.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Don't discredit vkm so much. AE was great for fans, but made stars that he could not control. So, he had to shake up the corporation so that the power of management could not ever be questioned again by the likes of kliq, rock, scsa, hogan, etc... I don't understand why people think vince and his cabal are foolish. They are just crass and think their fanbase stupid, as well as realizing the lack of competition.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.