Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing TNA is missing is the "exchange" with WWE. During the Monday Night wars there were a few wrestlers that would switch companies almost monthlly. The midcard of TNA and WWE should be put in a "revolving door" this would help to promote the undercard and show TNA on par with WWE.

·
Premium Member
43,615 Posts
Exactly. That pretty much puts a halt to guys magically showing up in TNA right away (though Angle was somehow able to do it).
One of the reasons I want TNA to succeed in a big way is because I want the situation to be better for the wrestlers. More places to work means more options, more opportunities to make a name for themselves, and more leverage in deciding where to go. If it was just WWE, you basically have to take whatever Vince gives you (if he likes you enough to hire you) and if it doesn't work out, you're fucked.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Angle didn't jump immediately. It took some time for him to show up in TNA.

Exactly. That pretty much puts a halt to guys magically showing up in TNA right away (though Angle was somehow able to do it).
One of the reasons I want TNA to succeed in a big way is because I want the situation to be better for the wrestlers. More places to work means more options, more opportunities to make a name for themselves, and more leverage in deciding where to go. If it was just WWE, you basically have to take whatever Vince gives you (if he likes you enough to hire you) and if it doesn't work out, you're fucked.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Not going to comment on your post. Just taking this opportunity to say how fucking bullshit that DVD was. As a WCW fan it was insulting.

·
Registered
10,590 Posts
I don't think back then they had the 90 day no compete clause.

Also WCW was big back then! WCW had been around for nearly 70 years! WCW had already made a name for themselves. Plus they had Turner backing them. People wanted to jump ship. I don't think someone like Randy Orton wants to jump ship to TNA.

WCW unlike TNA, had already made a name for themselves, TNA, not so much.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Not going to comment on your post. Just taking this opportunity to say how fucking bullshit that DVD was. As a WCW fan it was insulting.
Agreed, that was a weak documentary. Half of it was Bischoff talking...from 2003. And they didn't even mention Montreal Screwjob. How do you skip over the fact that WCW got Vince's biggest star?

·
Registered
9,665 Posts
Angle didn't jump immediately. It took some time for him to show up in TNA.
Angle jumped immediately. He signed a couple of weeks after and didn't debut until a month after. He was able to do it because WWE let him out of his contract. So they waived the no-compete clause.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't think back then they had the 90 day no compete clause.
Yeah, I guess that is what makes this a pipe dream.

Also WCW was big back then! WCW had been around for nearly 70 years! WCW had already made a name for themselves.
Wasn't that AWA and NWA though. It wasn't until about 1988 the term "WCW" existed.

I don't think someone like Randy Orton wants to jump ship to TNA.
That's why I was thinking midcard. Wrestlers like Christian and Dustin Rhodes.

It seemed like Jeff Jarrett jumped between WWE and WCW the most.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts