Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now don't get me wrong, I really like Randy Ortons "Voices" theme song, it really does fit his character very well. However, just this past weekend I heard the song Serpentine off of Disturbed's new album and out of anything that I could think besides feeling that it was a good song. The first thing that popped into my mind was, "Hey, this would make a really good Randy Orton tribute video or even could be a really good heel theme for him." Now, WWE next to never uses actual songs as wrestlers theme but if/when Orton turns back heel and if/when he ever changes his theme, does anyone else think that this would fit Randy Orton?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0vm80tsenA

Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Meh,it's not to fitting to him,actually,I can't see this song in a wrestling «scenario»

I like the song,though

·
Registered
544 Posts
eurgh i dont like that song you posted eurgh just no thanks at all, it doesnt deserve to be anyones theme. Voices fits Orton perfectly and i hated it when he first came out to it as i used to like his old one.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I always thought this version of “Voices” would of suited Orton Face run to be honest.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNbN0Nc9_y0
Holy Christ, that may just kill his momentum. To each their own, but that rendition really hurt me. His current theme works either way. It's not great, but better than the alternatives presented in this thread.

Personally, I'd have him come out to this. Someone could wheel him out in a basket of sorts and I'm sure you can take it from there.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ku3cpWE5Q&feature=related

·
Registered
813 Posts
The only thing that I think might improve Orton's theme is if it started with a more distinctive quick sound. Think Austin's breaking glass, Ric Flair's "Wooo", Undertaker's "Gong", Miz's "Awesome", etc. It just makes things more recognizable. Sometimes it takes me a second or two to realize that it's Orton's theme, whereas others are more instant, and I think might get a slightly better reaction.

·
Banned
3,555 Posts
The only thing that I think might improve Orton's theme is if it started with a more distinctive quick sound. Think Austin's breaking glass, Ric Flair's "Wooo", Undertaker's "Gong", Miz's "Awesome", etc. It just makes things more recognizable. Sometimes it takes me a second or two to realize that it's Orton's theme, whereas others are more instant, and I think might get a slightly better reaction.
The actual album version has the exact same sound that his last theme had and went into voices, but thats as close as it gets really

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
If they cut some parts shorten the intro it would really fit Orton

The biggest , the best and better then the rest !

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I always think themes with a big start are the best. Kane's explosion, Jericho's countdown, Edge's "you think you know me", HHH's "time to play the game", Matt Hardy's "Oh yeah" even Mcintyres beginning.

It's why Sheamus' sounds a bit odd, they cut out the intro and it just sounds off. Personally i think they should have kept the whole thing rather than edit it.

·
Registered
9,569 Posts
It's a good song and if they were to ever change it this would be great, but this is Orton's second theme after breaking away from Evolution, wrestler's shouldn't be getting new theme songs just because. I doubt Orton will ever change Voices.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts