Wrestling Forum banner

i never understood the tna is for old guys to shine bullshit

2K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  LIL' WINNING FOOT 
#1 ·
Kevin Nash - mainevented a few times...... never won the title

Flair - wrestled a few times....... wrestled way more in the WWE never won a TNA title nor did he ever even compete for a title to my knowledge

Hogan - wrestled about 2 matches for TNA.....

Scott Steiner - never been TNA champ.... never maineveted a ppv that i know of

Booker T - completely jobbed out by TNA...... they gave him the tv title.......

Matt Hardy - was a lower midcard guy...... got fired for being a drug addict

Kurt Angle - one of the exceptions.... might have health problems but can still go and looks like a legit wrestler.

Sting - been TNA world champ 6-7 times? Has added prestige to the title IMO has been with TNA before it was a growing company and was stuck looking for a place in the wrestling business ...

Kip James - BG James - did absolutely nothing in TNA were lower midcard guys who did nothing.

Jeff Jarrett......... owned the company is another exception.

Scott Hall - got drunk left.....

DDP - came...... did shit...... left.

i see Angle Anderson Sting Roode fighting for the title....... angle is still young in wrestling years...... Sting is your vet as said earlier....... anderson is young...... roode is young and home grown tna talent....... same could be said for anderson i guess.. since the wwe never did shit with him... kind of like stone cold with wcw.........

crimnson is getting a huge push...... the x division is covered with nothing buy young fresh talent

you have guys like matt morgan - hernandez - samoa joe - james storm

and even though we might not like the way some of them are booked...... i still dont see how tna is pushing "old" guys

the only valid arguement is that hogan never shuts the fuck up about taking TNA to another level or "raising the bar"

somebody please tell me how this shit got started?

See less See more
#4 ·
How many young, homegrown TNA talents have headlined PPVs in the past year or two?

#5 ·
The headline for Bound For Glory is the TNA World Heavyweight Title Match between Robert Roode and Kurt Angle in what has been hyped as Roode's First World Title Match.

Hulk Hogan and Sting is the second big match on the marquee and is no different then the Undertaker's shitty WM Streak which has the guy barely wrestle, but yet still manages to "win" the match against Trips in what has been considered "One of the greatest matches in wrestlemania history" while both men spent more time on the canvas than actually fighting.

Back on topic...
I do agree that TNA has been using it's veterans/HOFers to help build the roster and not put them in the spotlight. Fans have seen TNA utilize their own talent while also building names for some of the "WWE Rejects" whom never had the opportunity to be pushed (Anderson, Morgan, Pope)

#7 · (Edited)
It's not about them winning titles, it's about being in the spotlight. Being the center of attention of a storyline instead of a young talented guy. The Main Event Mafia accomplished nothing in the end, all it did was put full focus on a bunch of old guys, giving them all the titles in TNA, and that's it. Samoa Joe's career did not get revitalized, Matt Morgan was still in the same spot after MEM, so nobody benefited from the old guys. Let's look at the highlights of 2010:

- Bischoff and Hogan debut
- Bischoff and Hogan run the show, and get a shitload of mic and tv time. Mainly Bischoff.
- Bunch of old ECW guys returned and were involved in one of the worst storylines ever, with never-has-been Tommy Dreamer as the leader, being put over AJ Styles.
- Hogan/Bisch turned heel and formed Immortal. Immortal started to dominate TNA TV, mainly featuring old Bully Ray, old Hogan, old Bisch, and semi-old and drunk Jeff Hardy.
- Stable wars; Fortune, spotlight on Flair. Immortal; spotlight on Bisch, Hardy and Hogan. EV 2.0, spotlight on Tommy Dreamer.

Who has been involved in the TNA World Title picture the most the last few months? Exactly, old Sting.

Congrats, a young guy in Roode is going to main event Bound for Glory and win the TNA Title. One guy. Long overdue as well, Roode could have been a multi time champ by now, he was already good enough in 2006.

Understand now? ;)

#8 ·
like the poster above me said: it's not about the titles

i'll just ask you this...

other than bobby roode, when was the last time you saw a young guy or a TNA original get developed in the way roode did?

when was the last time you saw someone other than old guys and veterans take up 3/4 of the show?

#17 ·
Except the Main Event Mafia angle was supposed to get the young guys over. Until they kept burying them over and over and over until no one cared about them getting their revenge, and then the Mafia just ended with a whimper without helping anyone.

And Roode is finally getting pushed but don't tell me that they're treating that bigger then Sting/Hogan.

#13 ·
Its complete bullshit how TNA is for the Elders of the Pro wrestling circuit to shine, seeing as they have some young talent making a rise on the show it kind of squashes anyones bullshit theories involving the elders shining on TNA.

#14 ·
The problem isn't the level that these guys get to (well, for some it is, but whatever).

The point is that in 2011 these guys are still getting air time. That's taking money and opportunities from guys who haven't had their big break yet.

Sure, Nash could return tomorrow and may not win the TNA Title but he'd still take up a 20 minute segment that somebody in the lower card could use to help establish themselves.

Time IS money, especially in wrestling, and a guy can't main event if he's not on the fucking show.

#18 ·
The OP made some damn good points.

Roode vs Angle is the main event. Younger talent like Crimson, Aries, and Kendrick have all gotten pushes. James Storm looks to be getting a push. The tag team division is filled with the younger and homegrown talent who mostly carry the belt guys like Beer Money, Mexican American, Ink Inc, and MCMG.

Sting vs Hogan is a special attraction match. The WWE and even companies like Roh do those as well. WWE probably does them the most though.

The whole TNA only promotes the older wrestlers is bullshit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.