Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off let me get this straight. I'm not trying to offend anyone by my remarks. I just have a few years worth of frustration I'd like to finally get off my chest. Clearly these are my opinions, and I understand everyone on this forums sees it differently... I'm not looking for people to flame or get pissed by what I'm saying, rather, I'd really appreciate it if someone can constructively respond and add to my understanding as to why these issues are the way they are inside the WWE. Thanks.

1.) Ever since Trish Stratus and Lita have left the WWE, the women's division has been painful to watch. I'm glad that I DVR Raw and Smackdown because I fast forward every divas match. In my opinion, the divas role in the WWE needs to be changed back to the way it used to be. This has nothing to do with sexism (I'm not sexist), but Jesus... watching the divas now is like watching paint dry. Remember the days when the divas were the highlight of the show? Sable, Sunny, Marlena, Stacy Keibler sound familiar? Sure they were more seen as the tits and ass of the program rather than wrestlers, but that was the whole point of me tuning in every Monday... not to see them wrestle. How about getting creative with the divas again. How about recruiting better talent in that area? Oh wait you did... Mickie James but then the WWE fucked that up and now she is on Impact. I have no problems watching the women's division on Impact. All I'm saying is rather than waste 10-15 minutes of my time every Raw by having Beth Phoenix wrestle Kelly Kelly for the billionth time, why not have a pillow fight with divas in skimpy pajamas? Or how about a bikini contest? I really don't care if the female posters on here have issue with me suggesting that. You can't deny that it would make the show more entertaining to watch, and isn't that ultimately what the WWE is suppose to be? World Wrestling Entertainment? Not World Wrestling Shoot Yourself In The Face When The Divas Show Up On Raw Because They Bore The Shit Out Of You...

2. Can the WWE get different announcers anytime soon? I mean every week I'm half tempted to mute my viewing of Raw and Smackdown because Michael Cole won't stop in his bashing of other announcers. Look just call the fucking match. The WWE doesn't need heel and face announcers. I don't care if Cole thinks Booker T is a dumb ass. I don't care if Cole thinks JR is a jack off. Hell, CM Punk in the few minutes of commentary he did on Raw last week was better than what any of those asshats (Cole, Lawler, JR) did the past years combined. Why bash JR and Lawler? I've just lost a lot of respect for both of them over the years. Back in the Austin Era I thought they were great, but then found out more about them behind the scenes and yeah... Time to fire Cole.

3. WWE PPV's. Is the WWE even trying anymore? I can remember back in the day when the Rumble, Mania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series were the shit. Everyone wanted to buy them. Now I can say only Mania is the relevant one to this day. Why not have more celebrity matches or specialty matches to build interest? Why not cut back on the number of ppv's every year to give more time to hype the main ones? I mean come the fuck on. There is a ppv every 2-3 weeks now. I can even tell by the promos that WWE just doesn't give a fuck anymore. Just give me all your money... more or less. Oh and can we stop giving guys like The Rock and Taker the spotlight at Mania now? I highly respect them, but what the hell.. the only reason the Rock wants to main event at Mania 2012 is because it's in Miami and he wants another opportunity to inflate his ego. Then the guys that wrestle full time all year get stuck with the shitty matches because wrestlers who were relevant 10-15 years ago want to grab the spotlight... Yeah I'm referring to the Undertaker too. Might as well retire bro if you are only going to wrestle once a year, and can we even call you the undertaker anymore? You've changed your gimmick at least 20 times since the 90s. Your first one was the best... then lets mention a few of the other versions... harley davidson biker taker with short hair, then the ufc glove wearing ufc acting taker, then the current cowboy chaps wearing taker who changed his awesome old theme to a new gay western themed one...

4. Can John Cena ever do anything other than go after the belt??? I mean wtf he wins the belt, loses it, complains that the other guy doesn't bring integrity to the belt, wins it back, repeat cycle. I don't like him as a wrestler, but I do have respect for him. I know he is the poster face for the WWE, and I know he has a huge fan base making the WWE a lot of money, but DAMN can we have a few different guys feuding for the championship? Or am I forced to see John Cena in every single championship match until he retires 10 years from now or whatever??

5. FIX THE TAG TEAM DIVION. Holy shit the tag team division is about as painful to watch now than the divas. Air boom... Seem like nice guys and I'm sure they are, but they are not a tag team. In my opinion they are not fun to watch at all. Not like the Legion of Doom used to be. You can't just choose 2 guys half way through their careers and say that you are making them a tag team. The chemistry and charisma needs to be there at the start. I will say though that Air boom is better than those 2 other no name guys that had it before them.

6. What happened with the top 50 wrestlers of all time dvd? Hulk Hogan 22 or 23 whatever he was and Jerry Lawler had better ranking??? LMAO ROFL LOL LOL. Just proof that Vince mixes personal issues with business... Miss out on business ethics 101 Vince? How the fuck did Hogan not at least make the top 10? You really think Jerry Lawler had a bigger career than Hulkamania? When did Lawler ever legitamately win against a big name like Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Austin, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels? Oh wait he didn't so why the fuck is he ranked so high? Keep in mind I'm not a big Hogan fan, I just think it was unfair where they ranked him.

7. Get better writers. The Sin Cara feud. 'nough said. I sometimes think 10 year olds could write a more creative and interesting story lines.

Those are my main gripes right now. Again my intentions were not to piss anyone off. I'm sure there are a few fans out there that may agree with me on some of the issues. Thanks I feel better now.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
You called Johnny Cash's "aint no grave" a gay western theme song. Your opinion is invalid

As for Lawler, well, obviously he didnt beat Taker, Austin, Hogan and guys like that. Mainly since he was working in memphis in the 80s and in the 90s he was semi retired. He did beat Flair though. And was one of the biggest legends in history

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Agreed. Invalid opening posts usually get a thread closed but I'll wait a minute on this one simply because he's...."that guy".
Go ahead and close it then because you just will prove a point. Any CM Punk fan on here can see where I'm coming from. My complaints were my opinions and sure they don't sit well with the majority, but that's never stopped me from telling how I feel.

Oh and just so you know I wasn't insulting the taker's theme itself but the gimmick now that he is pretending to be... He is now this cowboy renegade dead man version 2.0.

So the freedom of speech goes filtered once again. Mods have no problem with people coming on here to follow the majority, but when other fans come through with a different voice they get banned. Oh well I said what I had to say. No regrets, and the people who are blind to what I said then those are the fans the WWE wants... people incapable of thinking for themselves or speaking out against authority. Have a nice day.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Talk about delusions of grandeur. You thnk youre a counter culture rebel who's the forum equivalent of CM Punk. Dont you think thats going a bit too far? Most of your ideas are probably mentioned everyday. By the majority. If anything a counter culture poster here would be someone who actually LIKES the divas division, who LIKES vince mcmahon's stances, likes the announcers, likes john cena and has no problem with the tag division.

Must. Conform. to. Status. Quo. Beep

·
Registered
546 Posts
meh, all this has been said by half the people here in 10 new threads created every day. Valid points many of them, but nothing ground breaking or worth a new thread.

·
Super Moderator
19,329 Posts
Go ahead and close it then because you just will prove a point. Any CM Punk fan on here can see where I'm coming from. My complaints were my opinions and sure they don't sit well with the majority, but that's never stopped me from telling how I feel.
:lmao CM Punk

And sit well with the majority? What the hell are you talking about? Your opinion slides right in with the majority here.

Oh and just so you know I wasn't insulting the taker's theme itself but the gimmick now that he is pretending to be... He is now this cowboy renegade dead man version 2.0.
Yes you did. Don't take it back now rebel.

So the freedom of speech goes filtered once again. Mods have no problem with people coming on here to follow the majority, but when other fans come through with a different voice they get banned. Oh well I said what I had to say. No regrets, and the people who are blind to what I said then those are the fans the WWE wants... people incapable of thinking for themselves or speaking out against authority. Have a nice day.
You are posting what every other people on here posts. You aren't in the minority. Not by a long shot. You are in the clear majority here. Sorry to break that to you. :(

And clearly if I wanted to close your thread I would have so thanks for taking my post so seriously.

and in closing do you even know what "Freedom of Speech" means?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Talk about delusions of grandeur. You thnk youre a counter culture rebel who's the forum equivalent of CM Punk. Dont you think thats going a bit too far? Most of your ideas are probably mentioned everyday. By the majority. If anything a counter culture poster here would be someone who actually LIKES the divas division, who LIKES vince mcmahon's stances, likes the announcers, likes john cena and has no problem with the tag division.

Must. Conform. to. Status. Quo. Beep
I never said anything about being a CM Punk equivalent, and I must say that he isn't even my favorite wrestler. However, what I've taken from his personality and voice is much the same as to what I wanted to accomplish. Voice my opinion no matter if people like it or don't. You obviously have an issue with what I said because of your icon. Can anyone legitamately say that my complaints are totally irrational, untrue, and "status quo". I've been watching since the late 80s and I've seen the show evolve into something that doesn't agree with me on certain issues. I voice my opinion then people automatically bash me because what I said doesn't agree with their perspectives.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
If you were watching since the 80s youd know who Lawler really was.

And nobody is really bashing you. This is a forum, this is a place where people will agree, or disagree. You made a statement, some people will give their opinion on it. No need to get so defensive

·
Congratulations, you played yourself
9,528 Posts
I agree with pretty much all your points.

1. The Divas Division would be better off with real womens wrestlers. I'm just asking for some real talent. Stuff that wouldn't make the average fan turn the channel. Stuff that could inspire little girls. Trish Stratus was so popular because little girls looked up to her. In my opinion, the only three people that little girls can relate to nowadays are Natalya, Beth Phoenix and AJ Lee. Everyone else doesn't matter because they weren't hired for their love for wrestling or their talent. They were hired because of the way they looked. And that's a fact.

2. I agree with this but Jim Ross should always be commentating.

3. PPV's suck nowadays. MITB was amazing but everything else has felt like a three hour Raw.

4. I feel your pain but we should probably acknowledge the whole Nexus storyline last year. But even then he was involved with the title. He has won the title too many times and I hate seeing him lose the title only for him to come out the next night and challenge for it again. It's stale and nobody wants to see it... being popular doesn't mean you can just keep rinsing and repeating the same shit over and over again.

5. WWE need better tag teams, agreed.

6. That was laughable. Hogan is the biggest star of all-time. He made the WWE and is partially responsable for the monday night wars.

7. I like the Sin Cara feud but I think Hunico should have gone over at HIAC.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
:lmao CM Punk

And sit well with the majority? What the hell are you talking about? Your opinion slides right in with the majority here.

Yes you did. Don't take it back now rebel.

You are posting what every other people on here posts. You aren't in the minority. Not by a long shot. You are in the clear majority here. Sorry to break that to you. :(

And clearly if I wanted to close your thread I would have so thanks for taking my post so seriously.

and in closing do you even know what "Freedom of Speech" means?
How am I suppose to know what the majority is here? I joined the forums tonight. Never read through the posts so... I've been fumed about certain issues within the WWE, sure I used colorful language and offended some people apparently, but like mentioned before it was not my intention. I asked for constructive responses about my gripes, whether people agreed with what I mentioned. Not, Oh wtf you insulted Johnny Cash so you are completely insane and invalid in your reasoning. I'd like to know what the WWE has been doing to change the weak areas of their show, but now I am convinced the posters on here can't get over the fact I insulted the Undertaker, and cannot offer me any good valid information like requested prior. I suppose I'll just continue my seoscoops, and hope somehow things will become better understood.

·
Banned
1,216 Posts
First off let me get this straight. I'm not trying to offend anyone by my remarks. I just have a few years worth of frustration I'd like to finally get off my chest. Clearly these are my opinions, and I understand everyone on this forums sees it differently... I'm not looking for people to flame or get pissed by what I'm saying, rather, I'd really appreciate it if someone can constructively respond and add to my understanding as to why these issues are the way they are inside the WWE. Thanks.

1.) Ever since Trish Stratus and Lita have left the WWE, the women's division has been painful to watch. I'm glad that I DVR Raw and Smackdown because I fast forward every divas match. In my opinion, the divas role in the WWE needs to be changed back to the way it used to be. This has nothing to do with sexism (I'm not sexist), but Jesus... watching the divas now is like watching paint dry. Remember the days when the divas were the highlight of the show? Sable, Sunny, Marlena, Stacy Keibler sound familiar? Sure they were more seen as the tits and ass of the program rather than wrestlers, but that was the whole point of me tuning in every Monday... not to see them wrestle. How about getting creative with the divas again. How about recruiting better talent in that area? Oh wait you did... Mickie James but then the WWE fucked that up and now she is on Impact. I have no problems watching the women's division on Impact. All I'm saying is rather than waste 10-15 minutes of my time every Raw by having Beth Phoenix wrestle Kelly Kelly for the billionth time, why not have a pillow fight with divas in skimpy pajamas? Or how about a bikini contest? I really don't care if the female posters on here have issue with me suggesting that. You can't deny that it would make the show more entertaining to watch, and isn't that ultimately what the WWE is suppose to be? World Wrestling Entertainment? Not World Wrestling Shoot Yourself In The Face When The Divas Show Up On Raw Because They Bore The Shit Out Of You...

2. Can the WWE get different announcers anytime soon? I mean every week I'm half tempted to mute my viewing of Raw and Smackdown because Michael Cole won't stop in his bashing of other announcers. Look just call the fucking match. The WWE doesn't need heel and face announcers. I don't care if Cole thinks Booker T is a dumb ass. I don't care if Cole thinks JR is a jack off. Hell, CM Punk in the few minutes of commentary he did on Raw last week was better than what any of those asshats (Cole, Lawler, JR) did the past years combined. Why bash JR and Lawler? I've just lost a lot of respect for both of them over the years. Back in the Austin Era I thought they were great, but then found out more about them behind the scenes and yeah... Time to fire Cole.

3. WWE PPV's. Is the WWE even trying anymore? I can remember back in the day when the Rumble, Mania, Summerslam, and Survivor Series were the shit. Everyone wanted to buy them. Now I can say only Mania is the relevant one to this day. Why not have more celebrity matches or specialty matches to build interest? Why not cut back on the number of ppv's every year to give more time to hype the main ones? I mean come the fuck on. There is a ppv every 2-3 weeks now. I can even tell by the promos that WWE just doesn't give a fuck anymore. Just give me all your money... more or less. Oh and can we stop giving guys like The Rock and Taker the spotlight at Mania now? I highly respect them, but what the hell.. the only reason the Rock wants to main event at Mania 2012 is because it's in Miami and he wants another opportunity to inflate his ego. Then the guys that wrestle full time all year get stuck with the shitty matches because wrestlers who were relevant 10-15 years ago want to grab the spotlight... Yeah I'm referring to the Undertaker too. Might as well retire bro if you are only going to wrestle once a year, and can we even call you the undertaker anymore? You've changed your gimmick at least 20 times since the 90s. Your first one was the best... then lets mention a few of the other versions... harley davidson biker taker with short hair, then the ufc glove wearing ufc acting taker, then the current cowboy chaps wearing taker who changed his awesome old theme to a new gay western themed one...

4. Can John Cena ever do anything other than go after the belt??? I mean wtf he wins the belt, loses it, complains that the other guy doesn't bring integrity to the belt, wins it back, repeat cycle. I don't like him as a wrestler, but I do have respect for him. I know he is the poster face for the WWE, and I know he has a huge fan base making the WWE a lot of money, but DAMN can we have a few different guys feuding for the championship? Or am I forced to see John Cena in every single championship match until he retires 10 years from now or whatever??

5. FIX THE TAG TEAM DIVION. Holy shit the tag team division is about as painful to watch now than the divas. Air boom... Seem like nice guys and I'm sure they are, but they are not a tag team. In my opinion they are not fun to watch at all. Not like the Legion of Doom used to be. You can't just choose 2 guys half way through their careers and say that you are making them a tag team. The chemistry and charisma needs to be there at the start. I will say though that Air boom is better than those 2 other no name guys that had it before them.

6. What happened with the top 50 wrestlers of all time dvd? Hulk Hogan 22 or 23 whatever he was and Jerry Lawler had better ranking??? LMAO ROFL LOL LOL. Just proof that Vince mixes personal issues with business... Miss out on business ethics 101 Vince? How the fuck did Hogan not at least make the top 10? You really think Jerry Lawler had a bigger career than Hulkamania? When did Lawler ever legitamately win against a big name like Bret Hart, Hulk Hogan, Austin, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels? Oh wait he didn't so why the fuck is he ranked so high? Keep in mind I'm not a big Hogan fan, I just think it was unfair where they ranked him.

7. Get better writers. The Sin Cara feud. 'nough said. I sometimes think 10 year olds could write a more creative and interesting story lines.

Those are my main gripes right now. Again my intentions were not to piss anyone off. I'm sure there are a few fans out there that may agree with me on some of the issues. Thanks I feel better now.
You need to get laid.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Dude, lighten up. Its just a forum. Hell, I have more complaints than probably everyone here combined but I learned to get over it. Why? Because it doesnt matter. None of this matters. You watch what you like, and to hell with everything else. Because unless Vince decides, things wont change no matter what anyone here says. We are all meaningless. So might as well make the best of it.

And personally, i was more offended by what you said about lawler than taker

·
Super Moderator
19,329 Posts
How am I suppose to know what the majority is here? I joined the forums tonight. Never read through the posts so... I've been fumed about certain issues within the WWE, sure I used colorful language and offended some people apparently, but like mentioned before it was not my intention. I asked for constructive responses about my gripes, whether people agreed with what I mentioned. Not, Oh wtf you insulted Johnny Cash so you are completely insane and invalid in your reasoning. I'd like to know what the WWE has been doing to change the weak areas of their show, but now I am convinced the posters on here can't get over the fact I insulted the Undertaker, and cannot offer me any good valid information like requested prior. I suppose I'll just continue my seoscoops, and hope somehow things will become better understood.

You're not supposed to know, that's why we are clearly telling you.

I don't think you'll get alot of constructive criticisms with those gripes because most people simply agree with everything you said.

Offending people on here is gonna happen and you have to deal with the response that offending people causes. intentional or not. It's no big deal really but it's something people have to get used to.

I'm shocked a wrestling fan for as long as you've been a wrestling fan doesn't already know the merits of Jerry Lawler though... how is that possible?

Also your post and the reaction to it has NOTHING to do with freedom of speech.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts