Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All last night I was hearing how Nexus was a massive threat to the WWE...

Can someone explain how they can legitimately say that 7 rookies that could be fired at any point are going to take over the company if they win a 7 vs 7 match....

The entire time the commentators were saying Nexus were going after their lively hood and that they need to be taken out.... All they have really asked for is contracts

And then one of the said they were a bigger threat than the WCW-ECW Alliance at least they were in a match for ownership of the company (Never going to win but hell it had the stipulation)...

How is Nexus a threat to the WWE

·
Registered
21,591 Posts
Nexus are shown as a legit threat because they are a real team (all out for the same goal, no one man is bigger than the team, the all fight for each other and not themselves) and Nexus then come out and they just beat on anyone who they feel like. So they are a threat to the livelihoods of the wwe roster because Nexus could attack them all and pick them off one by one until they're all gone....unless somebody stops them, hence team Cena banding together to help concur the Nexus and stop them from reigning havoc over the WWE.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I was also curious about this. It'd be like if a buncha bag boys and cart pushers decided they were gonna take over the grocery store. The manager would just be like, "Um, no?" and fire them.

I guess what they were implying was that Nexus could be a real threat to everyone if they are allowed to continue to beat people down, bully announcers, and ruin segments. They'd be a giant thorn in the side of the company. I don't believe Nexus would have anything to gain by destroying the place that signs their checks.

It's not like they take over, fire everyone except themselves, and they win. It's a TV show, not a country. :lmao

·
Cutting promos on other Mc's...
3,118 Posts
Correct me if im wrong but we stil don't know what the actual "goal" is do we?

I do skip through alot of Raw and i did with Summerslam, so genuinly if I've missed what the "Goal" is im sorry lol

·
Registered
813 Posts
I agree with the original poster in that, last night, the announcers were over the top with their hyperbole about the meaning of the WWE vs. Nexus matchup. Matt Striker said that the WWE's livelihoods, his friends, and families were all on the line in that match-up. I mean, I don't know if Striker has some sort of compulsive gambling problem and made a serious bet on the match last night that involved giving up his children if WWE lost, but barring that, every statement about the importance of the match was overstated.

It was one match. There were no stipulations attached at all. It was basically purely for bragging rights. There's nothing that Nexus did in the past month that they can't still do tonight just because Cena pinned Barrett.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
Yep we don't really know the 'goal'

But barrett made a promo a bit ago on how they were treated like trash, and the goal is against the management on how they were treated.

But id like another promo on what there goal really is, stated more clear

·
Registered
837 Posts
I can't wait to hear the real goal. It will of course probably be something like "All your titles are belong to us." A real threat would be if they, I don't know, wanted to have Tarver .... the roster, starting with Cole. I can't imagine most of the roster would be comfortable with that.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I really don't get it either, part of the reason I don't like them its just bogus
edges and his group not a threat what ever
legacy got beat up 3 on 1 by shane
cmpunks group is a laughing stock

yet rookies are a threat, smart wwe

·
Registered
511 Posts
WWE buying WCW was the only "invasion" that actually worked.

Same lines were said when nWo invaded WCW and the alliance invaded WW[mute].

·
Registered
121 Posts
I agree with the original poster in that, last night, the announcers were over the top with their hyperbole about the meaning of the WWE vs. Nexus matchup. Matt Striker said that the WWE's livelihoods, his friends, and families were all on the line in that match-up. I mean, I don't know if Striker has some sort of compulsive gambling problem and made a serious bet on the match last night that involved giving up his children if WWE lost, but barring that, every statement about the importance of the match was overstated.

It was one match. There were no stipulations attached at all. It was basically purely for bragging rights. There's nothing that Nexus did in the past month that they can't still do tonight just because Cena pinned Barrett.
I legit lol'd at the "Matt Striker having a compulsive gambling problem" comment. hahaha.

I understand it's wrestling, but you'd think like the whole locker room would just beat those 7 guys asses.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts