Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
709 Posts
I think you need to record the tape onto a CD used for DVDs (Not sure of exact name)

Then record it into your computer.

N

·
0 Posts
The easiest, but I guess not the cheapest, would be to get a video card that allows you to stick a VCR cord into the video card. Such cards, like ATI's All-in-Wonder cards, are quite expensive if you're going for newer cards. Older ones wouldn't cost you nearly as much and will do the same thing (if you're just wanting to transfer). The newer ones are just for better graphics and TV (since A-i-W are also TV tuners) visuals.

You PC might already be ready, but I doubt it.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nitemare said:
The easiest, but I guess not the cheapest, would be to get a video card that allows you to stick a VCR cord into the video card. Such cards, like ATI's All-in-Wonder cards, are quite expensive if you're going for newer cards. Older ones wouldn't cost you nearly as much and will do the same thing (if you're just wanting to transfer). The newer ones are just for better graphics and TV (since A-i-W are also TV tuners) visuals.

You PC might already be ready, but I doubt it.
well i got my computer like a week and a half ago and it has a lot of things inclided it is a sony you have any advice of where it could be on the computer

·
Banned
10,502 Posts
I doubt you have a video card in your computer. so you have to buy one. if you know what you doing you can put it yourself. my computer (more than year old) dont have one. so i put one (video card.) - ATI's All-in-Wonder cards". the cheapest one though.

if you dont know, you can go to a computer store and let them put it on your computer.

N

·
0 Posts
Y2J HBK RKO said:
well i got my computer like a week and a half ago and it has a lot of things inclided it is a sony you have any advice of where it could be on the computer
Well, mainly it would be behind the tower of the computer, with the mouse, keyboard, Internet, etc. connections go. I seriously doubt you have a correct graphics card.

Here is what you can do.

Start > Run > dxdiag > OK > Display

Tell me what your graphics card is.

·
Banned
3,015 Posts
I've got an old compaq that can do this. Plug in the VCR open a media player and there it is. Actually I don't know where that computer is. Somewhere in the garage probably. Now I may have to invest into a dvd burner.

N

·
0 Posts
List it all. It'd help figuring out how old the card is, what type of product it is, etc. The more info under Device the better. (Ignore monitor and what size resolution you're using, not important)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts