Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Specifically I was impressed by Pope & Bubba Ray...
TNA is doing great things with "Bully" Ray right now the promo he cut on Sting was the best mic work I'd seen on TNA tv in ages. The powerbomb on AJ was off the charts reminds me of old Bubba Ray from early WWF and his days in ECW. This guy has the talent (surprisingly) to make a very good main event face his lack of athleticism notwithstanding. I really think people would pay to see him get beaten up.
Pope's "knife" and "torture" scenes were so surprising I found myself marking out. Yes people I marked at the thought of someone getting their throat cut, it just added a layer of intensity to the character that was missing before.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just wish that Samoa Joe would somehow be involved in the main event storyline. Right now he's just being wasted in this silly feud with the sillier Pope.
See I thought Pope was silly too until tonight he brought the darker edge... finally. Every heel needs to have that edge I think if Pope continues to show up like he did tonight Joe might be in the #2 feud in the show..but right now #1 is Ray/AJ already. The "Immortal" story is a huge waste of time

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
Ray showed that he could keep up with the Main Eventers and I'm now very interested in a Ray/AJ match. Pope showed a very dark side and anyone who says his segment was stupid didn't understand the point of it. Jarrett gets heat for simply existing. Anderson also looks likely to turn heel soon and if he keeps acting the way he has been that will work out very well. Predicting an Anderson vs AJ match for Bound For Glory. Good show which made up for lack of wrestling with good promos and story development of feuds.

·
Banned
749 Posts
I liked his promo. BUT, the LEAST-TALENTED member of the Dudley family should NOT be the dominant wrestler in a match with THREE former World Champions.

·
Registered
2,081 Posts
Great for the lack of wrestling really sets up the road to lockdown and makes every story seem to mean something. I love that they are getting their heels over for once, Ray Pope JJ are doing great things for TNA I hope the rest of the heels are watching them.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I liked the opening segment with Sting and Hogan, and four way, but other then that, TNA couldn't hold my attention. They have more talent then they know what to do with, and the writers can't come up with a compelling and interesting storyline to save their lives.

·
Registered
816 Posts
This. I also didn't mind the Angle/Jarrett Segment & the Rayne/James Segment. (I refuse to call Rayne/Flash a match)

The Pope stuff was stupid & I couldn't get into the Triple Threat Match with 3 faction members facing each other out of the blue for a Title...
I don't really like the Angle/JJ storyline, but JJ is such a great heel I can still get into it. I'm excited for the Lockdown match too. Pope segment blew, TNA dropped the ball big time turning him face. And yeah the triple threat sucked, I can't get into any of those guys at all. Gunner and Murphy have no personality whatsoever, they're just like generic big men jobbers, and that's all they should be. Rob Terry can go too.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
just the average impact, nothing great, nothing too bad

-i'm loving the new title belt, really a good change
-please end the kurt angle feud at lockdown, i beg you tna
-same with joe and pope's feud, it's a huge waste of time and character from both guys(both should be doing something better)
-bully ray needs to stay away from the main event scene, it's not for him and last thing i want is to see a fat past-his-prime guy with the world title
-could rob terry be any more of a meathead?
-the security guy is champion... he got the chance for the title over the other wrestlers (kayfabe wise)
-expect week after week of no-contest nº 1 contenders match...
-hardy, thank you for staying at home for the tapings, get your shit together and once you're done come back

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
I liked his promo. BUT, the LEAST-TALENTED member of the Dudley family should NOT be the dominant wrestler in a match with THREE former World Champions.
Why??? If anything it made tag-team wrestling seem more legit that one of the greatest tag team wrestlers ever (kayfabe off titles not reality) dominated in a tag team match. Then if you want someone taken seriously as a heel you have them take out your top face.

Not ideal have Ray up the card but as a talker he's one of the best in TNA and after seeing the tna.com highlights i can take him seriously.

·
Registered
816 Posts
-same with joe and pope's feud, it's a huge waste of time and character from both guys(both should be doing something better)
Agreed. Such a trainwreck of a feud. Neither of them seem to be into it at all, and the crowd isn't either.

-bully ray needs to stay away from the main event scene, it's not for him and last thing i want is to see a fat past-his-prime guy with the world title
I don't think he's ever going to win it. He's just there to talk basically and get the main event over, which is fine with me. He's good in the ring, and he's such a good talker it would be a waste to keep him in the midcard. He's also enough of an established name to put guys over, which is good.

-the security guy is champion... he got the chance for the title over the other wrestlers (kayfabe wise)
Such a joke. The Legends/Global/TV belt is already a glorified prop so it doesn't matter. But putting the title on a security guy just buries the rest of your roster. There are a million better ways they could be using that title. Why not involve it in the Joe/Pope fued so it actually makes sense.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Agreed. Such a trainwreck of a feud. Neither of them seem to be into it at all, and the crowd isn't either.

I don't think he's ever going to win it. He's just there to talk basically and get the main event over, which is fine with me. He's good in the ring, and he's such a good talker it would be a waste to keep him in the midcard. He's also enough of an established name to put guys over, which is good.

Such a joke. The Legends/Global/TV belt is already a glorified prop so it doesn't matter. But putting the title on a security guy just buries the rest of your roster. There are a million better ways they could be using that title. Why not involve it in the Joe/Pope fued so it actually makes sense.

Pope vs Joe makes perfect sense. Pope called Joe fat. What more reason do you need for a 4 month fued.

The TV Title is held by immortal. And immortal wrestler got 'murdered' so they put the title up for grabs between the 3 remaining immortal wrestlers. I dont see any other way to bring it back into circulation. Immortal are not going to give away there ONLY title that would be stupid.

·
Anti-Hero
9,798 Posts
Pope displayed some great mic skills, too bad the material was so lame. Both these guys are so talented, if they could just drop the stupidity and have a great head to head feud I think they could steal the show at Lockdown. Match wise. Dinero plays a great heel, now if they could just keep him as heel for say...more than a month.
That TV title match was brutal. Gunner/Phil Shatter is at least better than Rob Terry. Hell anybody is better than Rob Terry. But why book a match with three guys no-one cares about. Oh yeah, its for a belt no-one cares about.
All in all a decent show. They could really build a AJ/Bully Ray feud if they stick with it. Come on TNA...follow through for once please.

·
Registered
4,007 Posts
Pope vs Joe makes perfect sense. Pope called Joe fat. What more reason do you need for a 4 month fued.

The TV Title is held by immortal. And immortal wrestler got 'murdered' so they put the title up for grabs between the 3 remaining immortal wrestlers. I dont see any other way to bring it back into circulation. Immortal are not going to give away there ONLY title that would be stupid.
the feud started out of nowhere, the very first thing that happened was the cameraman stalking pope, next thing you know... pope is calling joe fat... that's it... you expect people to spend hard earned money on a kindergarden feud

give it to an actual wrestler? rob terry is a fucking log but even he's more of a wrestler than gunner and murphy (kayfabe wise), and the title would be in inmortal ranks anyway since everyone involved in that match are from inmortal

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
the feud started out of nowhere, the very first thing that happened was the cameraman stalking pope, next thing you know... pope is calling joe fat... that's it... you expect people to spend hard earned money on a kindergarden feud
Sarcasm is lost on dumb.

On the tv title Gunner is better than Rob Terry isnt the idea to attempt to build talent. Given a credible reign this could make him something legit.

1 - 20 of 111 Posts