Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
These are things that I miss from the past in wrestling that don't make a huge difference but would be fun to have/would make me feel better if there were these things...

#1: I miss Jeff Hardy's old theme...

#2: I miss Big Show's hair...

#3: I miss Kane's mask...

#4: I miss the Spirit Squad being owned by DX week in and week out.

#5: I miss the old pay per view names...

#6: I miss Jericho's long pants...

#7: I miss ECW...

#8: I miss Bikini Contests

#9: I miss superstars being busted open/bleeding

#10: I miss Lillian saying "WRESTLEMANNIAAA 24" because it sounded amazing...

#11: I miss JR. and Lawler as commentating team.

#12: I miss Extreme Rules Matches on ECW

Whats on your list, and do you guys know what I'm talking about.?

·
Premium Member
2,271 Posts
I miss Molly Holly and I miss Victorias straight hair.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I miss individualized Wrestler outfits, unique names and overall gimmicks.

I miss heels who were funny (ADR is holding it down though)

I miss international masked wrestlers other than Rey

I miss piledrivers

I definitely dont miss the spirit squad or WWECW (Although I miss the real ECW Big time)

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
I miss tag team division.........

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
I miss the product being exciting. I won't say it's boring now, even though a lot of it is, but most of the time, even when it's good it's not exciting. Usually now, whenever something happens, it's like "eh, whatever." The only time this entire year I can recall people getting excited was when NXT season 1 showed up to beat the shit out of Cena and destroy the ring.

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
I miss the set not looking so elaborate and flashy with too much lights and effects and stuff.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I miss the Cruiserweight Division.
I miss a real Tag Team Division.
I miss T&A... oh, and Bischoff's HLA moments on Raw.
I miss the old WWE Heavyweight Belt.

·
Childish Gambino Is #1
6,242 Posts
I miss the crowds excitement. They can make the show 2 times better than it is when they're going crazy.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
I miss having actual blood
I miss the TV-14 rating that allowed the product to be better
I miss the brands being a self contained world and not the confusing mass crossover the whole thing is now
I miss established PPVs and not self titled events based on gimmick matches or themes of matches
I miss the dueling sets of tag team championships
I miss cruiserweights and their title
I miss having more divas around with the right to be there and not some half ass trained ex model
I miss having ring/tv announcers playing the secondary background roles to the primary wrestlers/performers
I miss the womens title and hate it's silvery butterfly successor
I miss Heat, Velocity, and PPV preshows that had an actual match or more for the TV viewer to watch
I miss Raw having red ring ropes instead of the white, clean image intending white ropes
I miss it when Vince listened to an audience about a performer or angle instead of his current method of forcing it down our throats until we complied or tuned out.
I miss the WWE Championship that wasn't an ugly custom
Lasly, I miss the WWE that operated as though common sense did apply more so than what we see today.

·
Registered
65 Posts
- I miss violence.
- I miss blood.
- I miss sub-3 minute matches that the crowd is actually hot for.
- I miss tits, ass, and bikinis.
- I miss hardcore matches.
- I miss swearing, bleeping, and controversy.
- I miss piledrivers.
- I miss the Spanish announce table.
- I miss pointless sick bumps.
- I miss spontaneity.
- I miss unprotected chair shots to the head.
- I miss Austin, Rock, Kane, Undertaker, Mankind and all the main eventers on one show.
- I miss The Attitude Era.

·
Registered
648 Posts
I miss the hardcore division. We don't need the 24/7 rule, just give us a couple of midcarders we never cared about and them stiff the holy hell out of each other. Make us care about the Hollys, Blackmans and Al Snows of the business again.

But most of all I miss the overall willingness to push the envelope. Back in 97-99, McMahon was willing to push the bar and give us what we wanted. Blood, violence, tits, swearing. He didn't care so long as it got ratings. He even tapped into subcultures like the goth/heavy metal world and gave us the brood and ministry of darkness. Everything is so bland now. Even the so-called "hot" Nexus angle has a generic feel to me.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
I miss the thread I made last week with the exact same subject
I miss the old, good theme songs.(Kane)

·
Premium Member
4,756 Posts
I didn't even watch WWE in the attitude era and I still miss it. All you have to do is go back and watch one match from that era and to see its much better than todays product. From the bloody violence to the crazy pop's from the crowd, God dammit it needs to go back.

·
Registered
4,199 Posts
i miss getting laid

1 - 20 of 47 Posts