Registered
2 years, 1-2-1 win/loss record
3,149 Posts
Man, I missed the 00's, I remember absolutely nothing from that time :(

·
Registered
Hated by Seth and Chip!
4,190 Posts
It was a good time in general. Music was good, things were edgy and there was creativity. I'm not even exclusively talking about wrestling.

With that said, the tattoos, clothing and hairstyles are somewhat questionable today. Rey Mysterio looks like he should be in the video to Butterfly by Crazy Town in that picture above.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
It was a good time in general. Music was good, things were edgy and there was creativity. I'm not even exclusively talking about wrestling.

With that said, the tattoos, clothing and hairstyles are somewhat questionable today. Rey Mysterio looks like he should be in the video to Butterfly by Crazy Town in that picture above.
People say that about every era. I'm pretty sure people from the 70s hated 90s culture

·
Registered
27,960 Posts

·
Registered
Hated by Seth and Chip!
4,190 Posts
People say that about every era. I'm pretty sure people from the 70s hated 90s culture
There 100% were at the time. It just seems like the only "culture" now is just buzz phrases and acting like a tool to people. It's not a great time and sucks more for kids and teens that didn't know the better times.

·
Registered
2 years, 1-2-1 win/loss record
3,149 Posts
It's not a great time and sucks more for kids and teens that didn't know the better times.
I should have been born in 86, not 06, this is shull bit

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nostalgia is like a drug. You love everyting from your childhood and become a grumpy old person later on.

When the WWE at Wrestlemania XIX delcared Shit Bizkit their most favourite band, i was in between tears of sadness and laughter. One of the absolute worst bands of all time, the desecrated The Who, The Eagles and other bands wiith their shameless covers, is not something to proud of - and that was after Woodstock 99.
All the other shit like Alien Ant Farm (anybody remember that? their Michael Jackson thing that was so horrible?) or Papa Roach ("Stole a riff from Iron Maiden, this is my last resort") were horrible.

Movies? Nothing good there either
Books? Eh
Games? The Limbo between generations, between 3DFX and their next Voodoo and PS1 going PS2.

WCW in 2000 was bad. ECW was on a life sentence. Then they died, leaving a void. XPW was crap, XWF went nowere as did WWA, TNA was a joke from the start..

And most wrestlers looked more like early to mid-90's, more like 2Pac, Nirvana, Boyz n' the Hood and maybe like Allen Iverson but overall, wrestling was always behind times.

I don't miss that ime at all.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Nostalgia is like a drug. You love everyting from your childhood and become a grumpy old person later on.

When the WWE at Wrestlemania XIX delcared Shit Bizkit their most favourite band, i was in between tears of sadness and laughter. One of the absolute worst bands of all time, the desecrated The Who, The Eagles and other bands wiith their shameless covers, is not something to proud of - and that was after Woodstock 99.
All the other shit like Alien Ant Farm (anybody remember that? their Michael Jackson thing that was so horrible?) or Papa Roach ("Stole a riff from Iron Maiden, this is my last resort") were horrible.

Movies? Nothing good there either
Books? Eh
Games? The Limbo between generations, between 3DFX and their next Voodoo and PS1 going PS2.

WCW in 2000 was bad. ECW was on a life sentence. Then they died, leaving a void. XPW was crap, XWF went nowere as did WWA, TNA was a joke from the start..

And most wrestlers looked more like early to mid-90's, more like 2Pac, Nirvana, Boyz n' the Hood and maybe like Allen Iverson but overall, wrestling was always behind times.

I don't miss that ime at all.

It's funny how I see people reminisce early 2000s acting like people weren't complaining then too. I remember back in 2011 everyone hated wrestlemania 27s theme now its the "good old days"

·
Registered
2,800 Posts
It's funny how I see people reminisce early 2000s acting like people weren't complaining then too. I remember back in 2011 everyone hated wrestlemania 27s theme now its the "good old days"
even back in 2002 everyone was sh*tting on Triple H getting awarded the WHC and HLA, and Rock being gone, and Austin being gone, and then when Austin came back people were calling him washed up and slow lol

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
I should have been born in 86, not 06, this is shull bit
Nah man, you didn't miss shit in the 80s, 90s and 2000s in the bigger picture of life. As for wrestling you missed its only truly fucking amazing era, 1998-2002. Skip current episodes of Raw/Smackdown and get on Peacock and watch the Attitude Era ;)

·
Registered
719 Posts
Nah man, you didn't miss shit in the 80s, 90s and 2000s in the bigger picture of life. As for wrestling you missed its only truly fucking amazing era, 1998-2002. Skip current episodes of Raw/Smackdown and get on Peacock and watch the Attitude Era ;)
i dont know man the 90's were pretty fun as a kid. when kids actually played outside everyday. michael jordan was around,MtV was actually good, the begginning of x games i remember i went in 1999,the older kids looked like adults,music was cool, Tv was great like jerry springer was fresh, southpark had came out ,real world was a new idea, holyfield fought tyson and the ear bite happened. overall it was pretty decent.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
There 100% were at the time. It just seems like the only "culture" now is just buzz phrases and acting like a tool to people. It's not a great time and sucks more for kids and teens that didn't know the better times.
I think these times specifically are fine, it's just obvious we live in a saturated world today with the internet. The only mainstream songs are shitty pop and rap songs. And all the shows that were amazing in the 90s and 2000s have all gone to shit ie pro wrestling & the Simpsons. Those times were special though. I remember waiting for my favourite song to appear on MTV or the radio cause it wasn't so easy to search for until Napster came out.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts