Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
25,252 Posts
They are one of the few consistent highlights on Raw right now.

MVP is GREAT in the role of manager and hype man (now just keep him out of the ring. Lashley looks like a beast. Cedric is nice as the rookie of the group. Even Shelton feels more important as kind of the veteran enforcer of the group. They look like money. They talk like money. And much as Retribution sucks, I even love that the Hurt Business, even as a heel faction, came out and said "we don't care if you out number us 20 to 4, we're still gonna kick your ass.

If Raw could get more things right like they have with them, they'd be in a much better position.

·
Registered
6,663 Posts
With them being heels I was surprised they followed through and started the brawl. I thought it was going to be a bait and switch where they pretend to confront them and then turn around and walk away,

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
Did anyone else kinda get chills when their music hit and they all walked out on stage to confront Retribution? Shit looked so bad ass with all of them walking out in suits and taking off their jackets to go fuck Retribution up. It was really at that moment that their stable really felt like main event level.
Fuck yea, WWE and wrestling world in general , take notes. This is how you enter a fight, notice how they never took their eyes off retribution and once one was getting overwhelmed, somebody else came by to help out.

And Nty to a Keith lee addition ( though I get the feeling thats where they're going storyline wise), feels like if he joined that the group would be all about him, which is the last thing these guys need.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
With them being heels I was surprised they followed through and started the brawl. I thought it was going to be a bait and switch where they pretend to confront them and then turn around and walk away,
Storyline it makes sense. It'll come into play later when they get that favor they demanded.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
MVP is essily one of the best and most consistent on the mic today. He's gonna go down as being one of the top managers of this Era. I see a bright future for Lashley, though this tenure with the hurt business might be the best thing Cedric and Shelton do for the rest of their career. We don't remember many memorable things that DLO did after the Nation, and I feel Cedric will have a similar fate. And ya know Sheltons nearing his end most likely so The Hurt Business is probably one of the last things going for him.

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
I'm very amazed actually, MVP was supposed only do one off appearance and he just want do producing thing until WWE pull the Hurt Business thing, guys who come from mid 2000-ish and underutilized on that era has finally come to do something better, wish Mark Henry still work tho.

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
I found it pretty straight forward.. Pearce is acting like a GM, MVP offered him their services for a price.

·
The Babyface of WF
13,327 Posts
Until now they weren't doing much of note despite their screen time but yep they are an interesting part of Raw even while outnumbered they looked like they would mop the floor with Retribution.

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,588 Posts
I've never been a Shelton or Lashley fan so it's a testament to MVP's talent that not only do I watch their segments, I look forward to them.

·
Registered
6,896 Posts
Didn't have any hope when they put these men together. MVP and Shelton were aging wrestlers that seen better times and Lashley was just a big body. But MVP''s mic skills really covered up the flaws of the others in the stable to make them a presence on the show.

They give me the vibe of a mid-card/budget Evolution in their demeanor, except I can't figure out what role Shelton is playing. :LOL:

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I've liked MVP as a stable leader since his work on Impact. I'm happy for Shelton too that he is being used well.

same, MVP as a leader in Impact was very interesting and im glad WWE re-signed him and he can now the same in WWE and hopefully Hurt Business get a good run.

In a way, im disppointed Lashley didnt win the WWE title and then MVP as US champ as them as champions and then Shelton and Cedric as Tag champs thus Hurt Business holding all the gold would be epic.

If Asuka wasnt made to look a joke in promos then her in Hurt Business as their leading lady would be fitting as she could just dominate her opponents. They could do similar with Shayna or Nia, but personally not a fan of either so would of preferred Asuka.

·
Registered
4,818 Posts
same, MVP as a leader in Impact was very interesting and im glad WWE re-signed him and he can now the same in WWE and hopefully Hurt Business get a good run.

In a way, im disppointed Lashley didnt win the WWE title and then MVP as US champ as them as champions and then Shelton and Cedric as Tag champs thus Hurt Business holding all the gold would be epic.

If Asuka wasnt made to look a joke in promos then her in Hurt Business as their leading lady would be fitting as she could just dominate her opponents. They could do similar with Shayna or Nia, but personally not a fan of either so would of preferred Asuka.
They should almost def add bianca since her attitude lines up perfectly with theirs and wwe isnt doing anything with her anyway

·
The Empire will Reign again
17,588 Posts

I love the idea of Asuka in the group but you know wrestling fans, they'd find a non black person being in the Hurt Business too absurd, even for wrestling, either that or it would ruin their nostalgia fantasies of NOD 2.0.

Don't even get me started on the constant Brazzers memes lol.

21 - 40 of 65 Posts