Wrestling Forum banner

I know that you all hate The Miz, but...

2708 39
I have to ask. What does Cena have to gain from winning the title at Wrestlemania? Wrestlemania should lay the groundwork for the next year, it should elevate new stars and create new scenarios.
But we all know, if we're being honest, that Cena is not turning Heel. Not whilst his merchandise is still flying off the shelves. So what can another title run do for him? They clearly don't think Punk is good enough to feud with the guy (Don't ask me why, I still can't get it myself.) and The Rock will probably shake Cena's hand and settle their grudge.
Where does Cena have to go if he wins at Wrestlemania? I don't think it leaves many options.

But The Miz could really shock people if wins, it could really solidify him as a main eventer and create a new bonna fide star that WWE desperately needs.

I'm sure Cena will win, I'm not questioning that. With the exception of Wrestlemania 2000 I believe a babyface has always won the main event. But let's discuss where they can take another Cena title run.

Who should he feud with? How could they make things more interesting?
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
1,496 Posts
If the Miz retains at WM I will be really happy. He hasn't even used the championship advantage yet. It would be truly awesome if he just walked out or ignired the rope break against Cena.

If Cena gets the title however I think he will fued with HHH or Orton (face vs face) after backlash.

You aren't a hitman fan by any means?

· Banned
6,914 Posts
Actually, Wrestlemania is the culmination of the entire year, only in a ridiculous world controlled by TNA would the biggest show of the year be setting up things that are to come that's why faces win the majority of the time at WM.

· Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, Wrestlemania is the culmination of the entire year, only in a ridiculous world controlled by TNA would the biggest show of the year be setting up things that are to come that's why faces win the majority of the time at WM.
I disagree. I think Wrestlemania serves to elevate new stars for the future. Like Austin at Wrestlemania 13 and Edge when he won Money In The Bank. It is both a culmination of certain story lines and a good indication of who will be leading the company in the following year.
That's why it's been such a shame that the best spectacle from the last two shows has been between two guys who were close to retirement. Amazing wrestlers, but in an ideal world people should have been talking about new stars with a great future ahead of them.

· Banned
355 Posts
I agree but it'll never happen. Cena won't lose at Mania. Unless it's to push another guy who intervenes, but even then it's a push bro. My biast opinion would love to see Alex Riley come down, be the special referee and have Miz & Riley rock Mania and take the title. But I have no problem Cena winning it if Miz looks credible, if he has to resort to childish pathetic shit to even get on top it'll piss me off as he'll never be credible.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
There's no chance of the Rock shaking Cena's hand unless he gets jumped by the Miz and a pack of heels on the Raw before WM. The Rock may Rock Bottom them both and leave but that's about it when it comes to him. Cena SHOULDN'T win..doesn't DESERVE to win but they'll probably do the obvious and have him overcome the odds which is what they always do with that boring piece of shit.

· Registered
396 Posts
I dont really know what to think.
The Cena vs Miz Feud sux. It sux HARD.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
What does cena have to gain? Nothing. What does wwe have to gain...uh merch sales?

· SWAG/SPICE
43,122 Posts
The Miz winning would actually be great heading into the next WWE draft because then he will have some new creative feuds to work with especially now that he doesn't have Riley following him around. But judging by how WWE has booked Cena having so much bad luck through out the year, they might just throw the title on him which would really suck. In my opinion Cena should not win the championship until Summer Slam this year.

· Banned
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I dont hate Miz.
Well that's good. I sometimes I think I'm alone here, I'm actually really loving his title run. His street fight with Morrison has me really excited about a feud in the future between the two and he even made Lawler look like a million bucks in their TLC match.

But it seems like everyone hates the guy and I don't understand why. It's just like Jack Swagger, he wins the belt and starts getting real heat but people just irrationally dislike him.

I feel like the last sane man. Clint Eastwood, I feel like Clint Eastwood.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Fans are odd. They get bored, but want their comforts.

· Premium Member
86,252 Posts
There's no chance of the Rock shaking Cena's hand unless he gets jumped by the Miz and a pack of heels on the Raw before WM. The Rock may Rock Bottom them both and leave but that's about it when it comes to him. Cena SHOULDN'T win..doesn't DESERVE to win but they'll probably do the obvious and have him overcome the odds which is what they always do with that boring piece of shit.
That's no different than any other WWE face champion. It really has nothing to do with Cena.

I like Miz. I like him a lot and I think he's done well with what he's been given and I love to hear his promos.

· Registered
5,747 Posts

· Registered
144 Posts
The Miz won't win. Oh no, that would be too unpredictable for WWE. The match will go back and forth, it'll be close, but Cena will win, and Miz will talk the next night about how he was screwed and still awesome. Orton will also definitely win with a RKO. WWE is too chicken ass to do something out of the ordinary, and it is killing the product. Why even bother watching when the outcome is always the same?

· Banned
1,074 Posts
I disagree. I think Wrestlemania serves to elevate new stars for the future. Like Austin at Wrestlemania 13 and Edge when he won Money In The Bank. It is both a culmination of certain story lines and a good indication of who will be leading the company in the following year.
fpalm

Austin & Edge weren't in the main event though, were they?

The Miz is already the WWE champion.

We've been told that Miz is the next big star since Bragging Rights 2009.

And no way will he be 'leading the company' while Cena is around.

· Registered
1,538 Posts
As much as I hate both superstars I would rather have Miz retain the title but if they are closing the show then you gotta have Cena leaving as champ. A face will always close the show from now on.

· Registered
3,320 Posts
There's a huge difference between "he deserves it" and "I want him as champion".

There were guys that deserved it more that never became champions, and guys who I'd like to be champions that may not deserve it yet.

Does Miz deserve the World title? It depends what you look for
Do I hate Miz? No, not by any means.
Does this mean I want him as champion? Not by the slightest.

Not every critic is a hater, learn that.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.