Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
22,262 Posts
I was fine with Asuka losing (the streak was not going to work for too much longer so if it didn't end there should have ended at summerslam imo) I just don't think it should have happened when Asuka had seemingly injured Charlotte's arm. That was just a slight tad too much for me.

On topic though Wrestlemania I thought was pretty fun and definitely better for me than the last few but I also in my own personal opinion felt the 2 biggest matches of the night (AJ vs Shinsuke and Roman vs Brock) fell kind of flat which did kill my enjoyment a bit.
I can get that on the Charlotte thing normally. I guess for me I took it more of a sign that you have to be willing to go past your limits to beat Asuka

·
The Dream
4,702 Posts
I'm glad you enjoyed it. But I think I speak in name of the rest of the people who complained about the event when I say we wanted to enjoy it too. We're not negative for the sake of it, most of us who complained just thought many booking decisions were stupid. It's not like wrestling is that serious, but it's something I want to enjoy, and the booking didn't let me.

I enjoy NXT, NJPW and others, but I want to be able to enjoy the WWE main roster product as much as I enjoy the other wrestling stuff I see. It's only natural, I think.

·
Training to be a Grappler
2,338 Posts
I was fine with Asuka losing (the streak was not going to work for too much longer so if it didn't end there should have ended at summerslam imo) I just don't think it should have happened when Asuka had seemingly injured Charlotte's arm. That was just a slight tad too much for me.

On topic though Wrestlemania I thought was pretty fun and definitely better for me than the last few but I also in my own personal opinion felt the 2 biggest matches of the night (AJ vs Shinsuke and Roman vs Brock) fell kind of flat which did kill my enjoyment a bit.
:ha

OMG, could you imagine the vitriol spewed if the streak didn't end at Mania.

I agree with you btw, but man, that would have seen this board crash

·
Premium Member
2,612 Posts
If you enjoyed it then that's great. For me personally I enjoyed it up until the SD Tag Team title match and that's when things started to go downhill. I felt the SD Tag Title match deserved way more time than what it was given, Undertaker vs Cena as a very enjoyable surprise, it was great seeing Daniel Bryan back but I really didn't like how the match was laid out, Jax vs Bliss I was hoping would be a squash and the show just never picked up for me from there. But the thing that annoyed me the most was just how long the show felt. Yes I knew the show was going to be long with the match card I was really hoping it wouldn't feel long but it ended up feeling like it went on for about 20 hours. Again all this is just my opinion. It wasn't the best Mania nor the worst Mania I've seen.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,386 Posts
Mania was lit. :woo

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,420 Posts
It's like Star Wars. Someone once said that the people who hate Star Wars movies the most are Star Wars fans.

Same logic applies to internet wrestling fans. Something will ALWAYS be wrong with a WWE show (or any big wrestling show, regardless of promotion) and lofty expectations are NEVER met.

To each his own, though.

I thought Mania was a blast. The only disappointment to me was Taker/Cena.

·
Baby It's Violence
7,121 Posts
People have differing opinions and any forum related to a fandom is 100% always going to lean negatively. I don't think I've ever seen a forum that isn't more negative than positive, but that's because critiquing things draws out more overall discussion.

If you enjoyed it, great! Don't let people's opinions change your mind.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
You gotta love the threads made for the sole purpose of people bitching about people bitching.

The IWC isn’t some hive mind where everyone thinks the same. The sooner certain people realize that the sooner people will stop having a hissy fit over anyone who doesn’t share their opinion.

·
Registered
33 Posts
wow reading the forums yesterday i thought i was the only one who liked mania, idk i thought it was a good fun show everyones entitled to their own opinion but yeah just so negative and downpouring on stupid things. did people want to see asuka win every match until she retired? they did a great job of building up the streak and having her lose to someone worth it. def a surprise but still nothing to make a fuss about

·
E:16
6,195 Posts
I was pleasantly surprised how positive WF were about it, I thought they'd bash the shit out of it. You still get dingbats giving it 0/10 but you always get them.

The irony that the indie darlings put on the most disappointing match of the night should not be lost.

·
Banned
18,555 Posts
It's a lose / lose situation. People would complain that it would be too predictable (Wrestlemania 29) then they would still complain if it wasn't. :lol

- Vic

·
PUSH BIG E
3,255 Posts
Smarks shat on it because they didn't get what they wanted and acted like a bunch of kids. They decided they were going to hate the main event before it begun.
It's this dumb shit.

Who got what they wanted? Why do fans even bother reacting to shit?

No reaction Jinder won.

Nakamura turned HEEL?

Asuka lost, which I was fine with but that was one dumb ass way to book it.

Lesnar - Reigns HAPPENED AGAIN with no reaction, and no show Lesnar won again.

You tell me who the fuck got what they wanted and why fans shouldn't be insulted. Fuck this excuse shit. Stop making excuses for the most well known company slapping their fans in the face constantly with poor booking decisions. If this was any other company, they would have failed by now.

·
Banned
778 Posts
It's this dumb shit.

Who got what they wanted? Why do fans even bother reacting to shit?

No reaction Jinder won.

Nakamura turned HEEL?

Asuka lost, which I was fine with but that was one dumb ass way to book it.

Lesnar - Reigns HAPPENED AGAIN with no reaction, and no show Lesnar won again.

You tell me who the fuck got what they wanted and why fans shouldn't be insulted. Fuck this excuse shit. Stop making excuses for the most well known company slapping their fans in the face constantly with poor booking decisions. If this was any other company, they would have failed by now.
I had an enjoyable Sunday night which is what I wanted.

·
Registered
890 Posts
This feels like Reed Richards level of reaching. Some people felt that WrestleMania didn't live up to the standard of WrestleMania, so this means... THE ENTIRE IWC IS STARTING RIOTS, SCREAMING AT THEIR MOTHERS FROM THEIR BASEMENTS AND THREATENING TO NEVER WATCH AGAIN... until the next PPV. Nope. Funny enough, the "anti-IWC" (which is stupid because it's 2018 and damn near every wrestling fan with a smartphone would be considered a member) did more complaining about the IWC complaining than the IWC actually complained. "They didn't hate Styles/Nakamura as much as I think they should!" is basically what I've been hearing over and over again.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts