Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will say compared to the horrible horrible build, this Wrestlemania FAR exceeded my expectations; best one in I don't even know how long. Charlotte match was great one of the better female matches I have ever seen on the main card. All matches with the exception of Brock Roman were good that I can think of off the top of my head, with the exception of the battle royals.

But of course I come on here and every one is shitting on every thing that was decent, nothing new there. I can sit here and honestly say I watched Supercard, NXT, and WM and Supercard was my least favorite by a mile. Was so pleased with WM and if they continue where I think they are heading, it will be in the right direction; and with Lashley coming back I may actually start watching the full shows...as long as Roman isn't too involved.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
The IWC is very critical and negative at times. They don't tend to be satisfied unless everything happens the way they want. I listened to JDfromNY206's review (popular youtuber) and it was a bit draining to listen to. Mania wasn't perfect but it wasn't boring.

·
Registered
6,209 Posts
The IWC is very critical and negative at times. They don't tend to be satisfied unless everything happens the way they want. I listened to JDfromNY206's review (popular youtuber) and it was a bit draining to listen to. Mania wasn't perfect but it wasn't boring.
It was half a great show, the last four to five matches didn't deliver sadly and were slightly boring. We all have different opinions, if you loved it then thats good for you but I thought it was a enjoyable but flawed show.

·
#TeamCardcaptor and Oh... Still Music >>>> Wrestli
3,419 Posts
Funny part is that the mixed tag between Ronda Rousy and Kurt Angle vs. Stephanie McMahon and Triple H was the best match of the night without resorting to some flippy crap.

Honestly, AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura was the worst match of the night because this was supposedly "dream match" and the IWC favorites in there and they both bombed. They're going to blame either Vince, Cena or Roman for their underwhelming performance at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I would like to meet the COO of IWC and have a few words with him. Why can't we have fun ?
Good day,

Unfortunately I am not available for a meeting presently. Of course you can make an appointment with my secretary Jenny.
We as IWC don't have a problem with you having fun as long as our rules are followed. We have an image to protect, especially in regards to our plans to go public with the IWC within the next year.

Best regards

Hardcore
COO of IWC

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Here's how I filter through IWC bullshit and figure out what I should check out: just count the positives. If 1/10 people like a segment, it's probably average. 1/4 and it's probably a good segment. 1/3+ and it's probably excellent. In other words, most of the negativity is just meaningless noise to be filtered out like you would ignore the humming of the wind when trying to sleep. Some people will almost always complain because they're sad, redirecting some other frustration onto a TV show rather than the source of their problem(s), etc. The people who react positively, however, will show you if a segment is really worth checking out or not.

·
FOTC
10,720 Posts
Here's how I filter through IWC bullshit and figure out what I should check out: just count the positives. If 1/10 people like a segment, it's probably average. 1/4 and it's probably a good segment. 1/3+ and it's probably excellent. In other words, most of the negativity is just meaningless noise to be filtered out like you would ignore the humming of the wind when trying to sleep. Some people will almost always complain because they're sad, redirecting some other frustration onto a TV show rather than the source of their problem(s), etc. The people who react positively, however, will show you if a segment is really worth checking out or not.
:bjpenn

·
Registered
22,262 Posts
Cutting off the brain, remembering the story is never over, and not getting too caught up on potential outcomes every step of the way is a must for enjoying wrestling for me personally. To me it's not as fun when I'm watching a match wondering how a singular match is going to impact a division and shit like that. I do it at times, but stuff like that probably is why I couldn't really enjoy Asuka's NXT run. I was too busy thinking "well what does that mean for the division" instead of just enjoying the dope matches she was putting on.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,090 Posts
Good day,

Unfortunately I am not available for a meeting presently. Of course you can make an appointment with my secretary Jenny.
We as IWC don't have a problem with you having fun as long as our rules are followed. We have an image to protect, especially in regards to our plans to go public with the IWC within the next year.

Best regards

Hardcore
COO of IWC
Still waiting on my paycheck.

·
Banned
3,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
In fairness, the IWC really does put a downer on everything
I find it hilarious that the match that the marks thought was going to be the worst (Rousey/Angle vs the Mcmahons)...ended up being the top 1 or 2 matches on the card and the dream match, ended up being the most disappointment.

But I digress.

What really annoyed me is the venom for the Charlotte angle, for Christ sakes...she looks like a champion and she got her rub on the big stage, what more can you want?

·
Registered
22,262 Posts
What really annoyed me is the venom for the Charlotte angle, for Christ sakes...she looks like a champion and she got her rub on the big stage, what more can you want?
They wanted Asuka to go undefeated for another year just so they can force Ember to be the one to defeat her. The funniest is a lot of folk on YouTube think she shouldn't have tapped. Because apparently despite going undefeated for 2½ years, Asuka isn't credible enough to survive a clean loss yet.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
They wanted Asuka to go undefeated for another year just so they can force Ember to be the one to defeat her. The funniest is a lot of folk on YouTube think she shouldn't have tapped. Because apparently despite going undefeated for 2½ years, Asuka isn't credible enough to survive a clean loss yet.
I was fine with Asuka losing (the streak was not going to work for too much longer so if it didn't end there should have ended at summerslam imo) I just don't think it should have happened when Asuka had seemingly injured Charlotte's arm. That was just a slight tad too much for me.

On topic though Wrestlemania I thought was pretty fun and definitely better for me than the last few but I also in my own personal opinion felt the 2 biggest matches of the night (AJ vs Shinsuke and Roman vs Brock) fell kind of flat which did kill my enjoyment a bit.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts