Wrestling Forum banner

121 - 127 of 127 Posts

·
Currently lying down wearing a blue suit
10,949 Posts
The double standards around Rollins are insane.

Its fine to blame Roman for his booking, fine to blame Sheamus for his booking, fine to blame Corbin for his booking, hell 9 years later its still fine to blame The Miz for the booking of his WWE Title run. But dont anyone dare blame Rollins for his booking, its ALL bookings fault, none of it can be blamed on Seth.

Its the same with ratings, it was fine to blame ratings on Roman, and Jinder, and Cena etc. when they were on top. But when Rollins is on top suddenly its no longer cool to blame the ratings on the talents, its not Rollins fault, its all the WWE's fault, none of it can be blamed on Seth.
What the fuck are you even talking about? Where have you been lately? Do you even READ the majority of the posts here about Seth Rollins over the past several months? Most people blame Rollins for his “lack of talent” and for the poor ratings ALL THE TIME (unfairly might I add).

God forbid the minority of folks truthfully point the finger on Vince and the shitty booking instead of blaming any talents (because they AREN’T the ones responsible for the poor ratings nor for the shows being mediocre) without falsely being labeled as “hypocrites.”

Seriously, who here even blames The Miz himself for the quality of his WWE title run? The majority of the posters on this site love the guy. Why are you even focusing on the minority of the people who blame Miz for that, and why are you even paying attention to them?

Honestly, it’s like you ignore most of the comments that blame Rollins for everything so that you can pretend that there’s some double-standards just so that you can accuse other people of hypocrisy. We get it. Everything must be Rollins’s fault apparently.

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Because people always talked about what Seth Rollins could possibly do. They always talked about how great he might be if given the Roman push. People created this idea of Seth Rollins somehow being a perfect Wrestler. Go back to his big heel run and a lot of his fans we're claiming he was a top 5 mic worker.

People created this idea of what Seth Rollins could do in their head, now that's hes the FOTC and is so over exposed his massive flaws are on display and it cant be denied anymore that he's a garbage level Pro Wrestler.
I'm not sure you guys would survive if Rollins actually got the Roman push. Just wait till he main events 4 Wrestlemanias

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
I'm not sure you guys would survive if Rollins actually got the Roman push. Just wait till he main events 4 Wrestlemanias

Roman never beat Brock with broken ribs. Hell, he never even beat him clean. Seth has twice. Seth’s also already has the belt longer JUST THIS RUN then Roman ever did. But ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,180 Posts
Roman never beat Brock with broken ribs. Hell, he never even beat him clean. Seth has twice. Seth’s also already has the belt longer JUST THIS RUN then Roman ever did. But ok

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh come on. So one match means that he's better pushed than Roman. Everyone knows the original plans was for Roman Reigns to beat Brock Lesnar at WM31. The fans rejected it so nope. Roman then went on to beat Triple H in the WM main event and then The Undertaker of all people at the Wrestlemania main event. Both clean. Also victories over John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan all clean in his career.

Rollins has been pushed the 2nd hardest but there is a long gap between him and Reigns. Rollins has main evented 0 Wrestlemania's and this past year was his first Summerslam main event.

So yeah Seth beat Lesnar clean once (I'm not sure where the twice comes from, unless low blows are clean victories) , was meant to be Roman but the fans never got behind it so Rollins was choice number 2.

As for the title reigns, well firstly, the reason Reigns has never held the title for very long is because he failed the wellness policy while he was WWE Champion back in 2016. Rollins was there to clean up Roman's mess that time. Who knows how long he could have been champ for otherwise. And Reigns Universal run was cut short due to cancer, it's not like WWE are booking him to have short reigns!

Besides, Rollins was Universal champ for 98 days before losing it back to Lesnar, it's not a huge length of time. Before that he hadn't had a run as champion since 2015!

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,524 Posts
What the fuck are you even talking about? Where have you been lately? Do you even READ the majority of the posts here about Seth Rollins over the past several months? Most people blame Rollins for his “lack of talent” and for the poor ratings ALL THE TIME (unfairly might I add).

God forbid the minority of folks truthfully point the finger on Vince and the shitty booking instead of blaming any talents (because they AREN’T the ones responsible for the poor ratings nor for the shows being mediocre) without falsely being labeled as “hypocrites.”

Seriously, who here even blames The Miz himself for the quality of his WWE title run? The majority of the posters on this site love the guy. Why are you even focusing on the minority of the people who blame Miz for that, and why are you even paying attention to them?

Honestly, it’s like you ignore most of the comments that blame Rollins for everything so that you can pretend that there’s some double-standards just so that you can accuse other people of hypocrisy. We get it. Everything must be Rollins’s fault apparently.
Yes public opinion has shifted in recent months towards Rollins and people are rightfully acknowledging how terrible he is. But just a couple of months ago he was still pretty beloved and people made endless excuses for his shortcomings. Remember when the blame for the ratings was being pinned on Corbin a few months ago, despite the fact Rollins was the World Champ and dominating the feud?

While he was still loved the full hypocrisy of people was on display. As I've said so many times before when the World Champs were the likes of Reigns, Jinder, etc people most of us Smarks dislike then the ratings were pinned on them, Corbin didn't even have to be anything more than a glorified jobber endlessly fed to The Shield yet ratings we're blamed on him. But once AJ, Bryan, and Rollins guys most Smarks love we're World Champs back to back it was no longer as acceptable to blame ratings on the Champs, ratings became the WWE's fault.

The talents do deserve some of the blame though. You cant just pin everything on the McMahons. Yes Vince and co. cant run a company, and have no interest in pleasing their fans but the talents overwhelming inability to cut a promo, work a gimmick or have any kind of Star aura or anything to make them stand out is on the talents. Guys like Rollins are proven not to be a draw or have Star potential no matter what you do with them. But again, funny how once it was the more popular wrestlers on top and ratings still plummeted it wasn't as acceptable to blame the talents anymore...except Corbin of course, perfectly fine to blame him.

Most people have acknowledged the Miz is good. It took 15 years or so of Indy bias being work down, and people acting like he sucked because he dared to be on the Real World being worn down but eventually people realised they were being silly to pretend he wasn't dedicated to Pro Wrestling. But there's still enough people who shit on the idea of Miz getting another World Title run because they blame him for the booking of his first reign.

·
Banned
11,533 Posts
Oh come on. So one match means that he's better pushed than Roman. Everyone knows the original plans was for Roman Reigns to beat Brock Lesnar at WM31. The fans rejected it so nope. Roman then went on to beat Triple H in the WM main event and then The Undertaker of all people at the Wrestlemania main event. Both clean. Also victories over John Cena, CM Punk, Randy Orton, AJ Styles and Daniel Bryan all clean in his career.

Rollins has been pushed the 2nd hardest but there is a long gap between him and Reigns. Rollins has main evented 0 Wrestlemania's and this past year was his first Summerslam main event.

So yeah Seth beat Lesnar clean once (I'm not sure where the twice comes from, unless low blows are clean victories) , was meant to be Roman but the fans never got behind it so Rollins was choice number 2.

As for the title reigns, well firstly, the reason Reigns has never held the title for very long is because he failed the wellness policy while he was WWE Champion back in 2016. Rollins was there to clean up Roman's mess that time. Who knows how long he could have been champ for otherwise. And Reigns Universal run was cut short due to cancer, it's not like WWE are booking him to have short reigns!

Besides, Rollins was Universal champ for 98 days before losing it back to Lesnar, it's not a huge length of time. Before that he hadn't had a run as champion since 2015!
Lol, I don't give a shit what the original plans were. Seth has the Triple H rub too. Seth has had segments with Austin/The kliq/etc. this year. Roman got the Rock sure (and booed at that), but Baron Corbin got a damn Rock segment. They've done EVERYTHING they can to make Seth likable and it still fails. Also, just because Brock cashed in and was champ for like three weeks means nothing. Rollins reign started at Mania. The slight break was nice, but means nothing long-term. Bringing the wellness policy in is laughable. I'm sure Brock passes that with flying colors regularly! Everyone with a semblance of a brain knows the stars aren't effected by the wellness bullshit. Seth has clean victories over everyone you listed as well. He basically made AJ his bitch. I don't know about CM Punk because he was gone before the Seth rocket push began. More Rollins' deflection isn't shocking, but the typical geeks on here can usually put up a better argument.

·
Don't Feed The Troll!
742 Posts
I mean, i love Rollins, but his face work clearly has reached an impasse. He's such a better heel anyway, and now would be a great time to have him turn.

121 - 127 of 127 Posts