Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the current belt will be Raw's I think keeping the design of the Smackdown belt very similar would be a good way to show that the shows are equal.

Of course I'm not a fan of this design either way...Too bland.

Simply use Platinum instead of gold. The fake diamonds or whatever the hell they are..Make those blue diamonds. Basically the template will be switched to match those of Smack down colors. I think it could look really nice...Maybe even a lighter or darker blue leather strap instead of black?

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Re: I hope the Smackdown belt is Very similar to the current belt

I do like your idea. Maybe they could switch out all of the red on the current design for blue.

Incidentally, the current WWE Championship belt says "World Heavyweight Champion" on the bottom of it. I wonder if that's going to stay if they introduce and actual World Heavyweight Championship.

·
Registered
750 Posts

slightly related but did anyone notice how on Raw they started calling the belt the "WWE Title" or "WWE championship" ....whereas in previous weeks and months they always managed to say "WWE World Heavyweight Championship" barring a few mistakes here in there. I think it was intentional and this may mean the title on Smackdown will once again be the World Heavyweight Championship, maybe even the same WCW style gold belt, which was a nice belt, I won't lie.

·
PSYCH | SAIYANS
13,556 Posts

Since the current belt will be Raw's I think keeping the design of the Smackdown belt very similar would be a good way to show that the shows are equal.

Of course I'm not a fan of this design either way...Too bland.

Simply use Platinum instead of gold. The fake diamonds or whatever the hell they are..Make those blue diamonds. Basically the template will be switched to match those of Smack down colors. I think it could look really nice...Maybe even a lighter or darker blue leather strap instead of black?
Willing to bet they are real diamonds since the Spinner belt was real diamonds throughout.

I would keep it the same, just replace what is red with a blue coloring so they appear equal

·
Baby Yoda
29,328 Posts

The WWE need to introduce a real title.

That means no colors or massive logo that takes up the whole face. The title needs to look like a real title, a prize that every wrestler wants to win. A title that is fitting for a champion.

The WWE title right now looks so ugly and fake, yeah wrestling is fake but it doesn't mean they should be making their titles cartoonish.

Just look at the IWGP title or UFC title and compare those to the WWE title.

·
Registered
3,423 Posts

I like your thought process, but I don't like this idea.

Why?

Then Raw / Smackdown belts are exactly equal. One needs to feel slightly 'bigger' than the other, and that belt should be for the 3-hour flagship show, Raw.

The Smackdown title should be slightly below the WWE WHC belt, IMO.

·
Registered
1,144 Posts

Since the current belt is absolutely horrible, I would prefer that the new belt be a hell of a lot better. Honestly I would be happy with the Big Gold Belt. It's simply fantastic. It's a real champion's belt. Or maybe an updated version of that, where not much is changed but it's slightly more modern. Maybe the big gold belt but with white leather instead of black?

·
Registered
5,244 Posts
Someone on youtube said that the title is back to being called the "WWE Title", I didn' noticed, but apparently in last RAW and SD, they been taking out the "heavyweight" aspect

Honestly, the World Heavyweight Title is a piece of wrestling history, and a shame to be retired. If Vince wasn't such an ego maniac, and wanting to "win", he could have kept WWE and WCW, kept belts separate, and keep the products totally separated, even now I liked idea of calling it WWE Nitro Tuesdays.

·
Super Moderator
25,839 Posts
Someone on youtube said that the title is back to being called the "WWE Title", I didn' noticed, but apparently in last RAW and SD, they been taking out the "heavyweight" aspect

Honestly, the World Heavyweight Title is a piece of wrestling history, and a shame to be retired. If Vince wasn't such an ego maniac, and wanting to "win", he could have kept WWE and WCW, kept belts separate, and keep the products totally separated, even now I liked idea of calling it WWE Nitro Tuesdays.
Yeah, they're calling it the WWE championship again on WWE.com too. Seems like the Big Gold belt is making a comeback.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts

That means no colors or massive logo that takes up the whole face. The title needs to look like a real title, a prize that every wrestler wants to win. A title that is fitting for a champion.

The WWE title right now looks so ugly and fake, yeah wrestling is fake but it doesn't mean they should be making their titles cartoonish.

Just look at IGWP title or UFC title and compare those to the WWE title.
If I could rep you more for this post, I would. ^ This, all of it.

·
Banned
3,278 Posts

Just look at the IWGP title or UFC title and compare those to the WWE title.

I actually believe that less color resulted in the downfall of championship belts in the WWF/WWE and WCW, Take a look here:

WWF Title 1998-2002:

WWF/WWE Title 2002-2005:

Huge loss in quality, huge downgrade going from the Attitude era Big Eagle belt to the Undisputed belt design.

Same with WCW in 2000, they went from the original beauty of the White Gold(Or Was it Silver?)/Yellow Gold of the Crumrine design of the Big Gold(Best version of Big Gold IMO):

To the Yellow gold only:

·
Baby Yoda
29,328 Posts

I actually believe that less color resulted in the downfall of championship belts in the WWF/WWE and WCW, Take a look here:

WWF Title 1998-2002:

WWF/WWE Title 2002-2005:

Huge loss in quality, huge downgrade going from the Attitude era Big Eagle belt to the Undisputed belt design.

Same with WCW in 2000, they went from the original beauty of the White Gold(Or Was it Silver?)/Yellow Gold of the Crumrine design of the Big Gold(Best version of Big Gold IMO):

To the Yellow gold only:

Gold and Silver is more than enough IMO.

Something like this.

·
I'm too busy, faded in Japan with the crew
10,258 Posts
WWE Championship (current) and WORLD Championship (big gold) is enough for me. I don't like the "heavyweight" part because a lot of guys don't look like heavyweights in the current era.

·
Registered
750 Posts
What's wrong with just saying Raw World Champion and Smackdown World Champion or WWE Raw Champion annd WWE Smackdown Champion, i'd rather they sounded equal tbh, makes both products look better. WWE Title and World Champion doesn't really seem equal to me.

·
Registered
215 Posts
I think changing the line under the WWE logo to blue is enough to distinguish between the titles, and I like your idea of making both belts seem equal.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts