Wrestling Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What exactly is so great about this guy?

For the first time, I had to stop watching Smackdown today after DB killed the mood with his typical bs material at the beginning of the show.

He comes out
He rubs his beard and smiles like a creep
He hops like a frog down the ramp into the ring
He tries to be funny (fails miserably)
He may occasionally try to say something serious, but taking a bearded midget seriously is impossible
He start his own chant (which is fucking sad when you need to help get a chant going)

Bottom line, he needs NEW MATERIAL. We, the viewers, need new material.

This shit got stale and repetitive very quickly. For all the shit Cena ever got, at least he could work a mic, which is an absolute must if you are going to be the center of attention or a part of some storyline. You either need to be a good talker or have a good talker for a manager.

I am very confused how anyone actually sees talent through all of this.

·
Registered
4,010 Posts
Re: I honestly don't see it.... Smackdown's opening was awful .(Daniel Bryan)

I have to agree that DB has gotten stale. Right now it's basically just bland promos with him gratuitously starting the "yes" chant. I like DB in the ring (albeit he's bordering on SuperCena right now)but could do without his promos.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts

What exactly is so great about this guy?

For the first time, I had to stop watching Smackdown today after DB killed the mood with his typical bs material at the beginning of the show.

He comes out
He rubs his beard and smiles like a creep
He hops like a frog down the ramp into the ring
He tries to be funny (fails miserably)
He may occasionally try to say something serious, but taking a bearded midget seriously is impossible
He start his own chant (which is fucking sad when you need to help get a chant going)

Bottom line, he needs NEW MATERIAL. We, the viewers, need new material.

This shit got stale and repetitive very quickly. For all the shit Cena ever got, at least he could work a mic, which is an absolute must if you are going to be the center of attention or a part of some storyline. You either need to be a good talker or have a good talker for a manager.

I am very confused how anyone actually sees talent through all of this.
You're in the wrong place to speak the truth about Daniel Bryan.

·
Locker Room Leader
12,168 Posts

Just can he stop smiling when he comes out to the ramp? And I didn't mind him doing the Yes chants after his promo but did he have to pull back Hunter and do it again? fpalm

·
Registered
4,010 Posts

I loved DB's promos leading up to his match with Cena (I can go back and wrestle in gyms, armories, ect...). Everything after that has pretty much been garbage.

The whole "underdog" angle looks ridiculous after winning the WWE and world title, defeating the entire Shield in a gauntlet match, beating Cena, and making Orton tap out.

·
I know, it's been a while.
3,272 Posts

I do kind of agree. I just think he's punching above his weight, he's better in mid card. He's not main event material. Obviously that's an unpopular opinion on this forum, but yaknow.

·
Banned
3,554 Posts

I do kind of agree. I just think he's punching above his weight, he's better in mid card. He's not main event material. Obviously that's an unpopular opinion on this forum, but yaknow.
I've thought this ever since Summerslam. Just because he's good in the ring does not make him main event material. He can put on good matches anywhere on the card. Bryan warrants long matches on PPVs with great workers but he doesn't need to be in the main event. He's already a 3 time world champion with padded numbers.

·
Registered
6,640 Posts

I sort of agree, Orton/Bryan is just not a main event feud. Both are better in the midcard.

·
Registered
88 Posts

agreed with OP... he is seriously getting irritating.
DB is good for mid-card but just not main event material...

i get more interested in Real Americans matches these days u know why coz they are good in ring but zeb handles the mic.

DB is a good wrestler but he don't have charisma or mic skills to main event

·
Registered
1,433 Posts

lets talk about his promos.The dud was never great on the mic, but he has improved leaps and bounds to the point where he can hang with Triple H and Cena in the SummerSlam build.
The Yes Chants won't get stale.IF they were to get stale that would've happened a month after they started to grow like Fandango's.
If you don't believe the "bearded midget", stick to Kevin Nash, because that's not an arguement.Punk isn't imposing by any means, yet you believe every word that he says when he's talking about beating the crap out of someone.
As far as his in-ring work goes, it's always stellar.He has adapted to the WWE style perfectly.He's not trying to be Bryan Danielson-lite, he's Daniel Bryan, completely different from his ROH days.Every top face has "Super Cena" abilities, it's nothing new.Since he's in the main event now, it comes with the position.The key is how good you are during your comeback and how hot the crowd is for you during it.

Bryan beat Cena clean on PPV.I suggest you get used to the "bearded midget" because he's not going anywhere.

·
CONCERNED THIRD PARTY
1,323 Posts

I used to like him when this feud started but now when the feud seems to be going nowhere really i don't care anymore, though i really don't blame Bryan for it.

·
Wrestling Forum's Ace Attorney
4,126 Posts

Bryan can't help it since he's being pushed as top face. It's the WWE formula now. Once you become top face, they strip you of anything that was interesting, force you to smile all the time even when you should be serious, crack corny jokes that are cheesey and not funny, and suddenly able to take 3 guys at once when before your push, those three guys kicked your ass every damn week. It's happened to Sheamus, Orton, CM Punk, and now Daniel Bryan. WWE just doesn't know how to book compelling interesting faces anymore.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.