1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
...and it is not even in the rants section

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/general-wwe/529780-missing-ingredient.html

where do I pick up my prize?

I think I figured it out... I think I know what is lacking in the WWE and just in wrestling in general. It is something that is preached on by baby-faces but almost rarely acted upon. What is missing in the world of wrestling is RESPECT!

There are 4 types of respect which I will touch on in this post:

1) Fans to Wrestlers -- this one is pivotal to the enjoyment of the show. I recently watched a NJPW show and I was surprised at how the fans treated the workers and the props. They cheered when the ref presented the belt. They applauded the performers for their work and did not jeer and criticize whatsoever. I see very little debate as in who has more skill, the fans just treat the workers with gratitude for putting their bodies on the line for the sake of entertainment.

2) Wrestlers to Fans -- The respect has to be reciprocal, the workers have to enjoy the industry and the people in it. There has to be a reason why each of the performers would want to go out each and every night and fight. There is a fine line between giving your all and giving up, and if the wrestlers truly love the fans they will go the extra mile. Just take a look at Lesnar vs. Goldburg as an example, neither of them had anything to fight for and so the quality languished.

There have been glimpses in various promotions where I feel that people have it, in which there is a realization that it is a stage show and not a competition. This is when the best chemistry occurs, not to say that there cannot be any intensity, but there has to be a greater level of respect in the business and in the audience.

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
you've been trying REALLY hard lately......any specific reason? rough break-up? things aren't going well at home?

making stupid threads here at WF isn't helping, surely there's something better you could do to absolve the pain.

Reactions: P.Smith

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you've been trying REALLY hard lately......any specific reason? rough break-up? things aren't going well at home?

making stupid threads here at WF isn't helping, surely there's something better you could do to absolve the pain.
nope, took a break from the forum and now I am coming back with a vengeance.

·
Banned
1,972 Posts
You, sir, are a complete, fucking idiot. I hope you rot in hell for your pathetic attempts at a rant. You are a major disappointment. You are the reason parents support abortion. Please stop failing at your attempt of a rant.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.