Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Fear, Fruity Pebbles, and Possum Piss
4,521 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see The Rock every week until Wrestlemania. However, WWE's main concern will be trying to achieve big buyrates for Wrestlemania.

They brought Rocky in to bump up buyrates for the big event, so his drawing power would be diluted somewhat if they have him keep coming out on RAW. If they're smart, they'll keep him off TV and have him perhaps appear at the last RAW before Mania, or just wait until Mania. We all want to see The Rock, and if we don't see him until Wrestlemania the we'll ll buy the PPV to see him.

They can still build more of the story by having Cena and The Miz respond to Rock's comments on RAW.

Plus, there's so much hype about the probable return of The Undertaker and maybe Triple H tomorrow so we don't need The Rock this week.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Yeah, I agree with everything admiremyclone said. Except that "we all want to see The Rock." I don't. And I hope he stays off my TV until WrestleMania. Regardless of what he said, he did only come back for the money.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see The Rock every week until Wrestlemania. However, WWE's main concern will be trying to achieve big buyrates for Wrestlemania.

They brought Rocky in to bump up buyrates for the big event, so his drawing power would be diluted somewhat if they have him keep coming out on RAW. If they're smart, they'll keep him off TV and have him perhaps appear at the last RAW before Mania, or just wait until Mania. We all want to see The Rock, and if we don't see him until Wrestlemania the we'll ll buy the PPV to see him.

They can still build more of the story by having Cena and The Miz respond to Rock's comments on RAW.

Plus, there's so much hype about the probable return of The Undertaker and maybe Triple H tomorrow so we don't need The Rock this week.
I haven't spent a dime of mine to pay for a WWE PPV since Eddie Guerrero was alive for Summerslam 2005. But that changes this year. I will be watching WM 27 since I won't be able to get tickets in time and I will be anticipating if anyone on the roster will finally step their game up when they come across the last great icon from the Attitude Era.

Still..Miz and Cena will definitely address what the Rock said tommorrow no matter what. The spotlight will be on the Undertaker to end the show though.

· Registered
5,034 Posts
I am also very excited for Raw tomorrow night. It should be awesome. The 2/21/11 storyline and Cena's response is what I'm looking most forward to.

· The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,386 Posts
I have to admit WWE has been doing better tv these last few months. I'd say since around June of last year from the Nexus' 1st invasion untill now it's definitely been better.

I'm also excited to watch Raw, tough I doubt Rock is there on Monday. Probably Cena responding to Rock this Raw, Miz responding to Rock in 2 weeks untill the last Raw before WM or something..

· #RiseAbove
1,484 Posts
Raw has been strong for the last few months

I can't imagine that they will be able to top last week though
I have to disagree here. Up until The Rock's return last Monday, RAW has been relatively weak so to say for all of 2011 I'd say. With the card being all over the place, a couple of questionable booking decisions and overall lackluster shows (I've watched all of them btw) I'd say Smackdown! has had the better show each week of 2011 with the exception on this past Monday compared to SD! 600.

I understand this isn't a comparison thread but I have to gage RAW up against something so yeah.

Anyway, I definitely am anticipating RAW heavier than recent memory but this doesn't top the RAW after the original Nexus attack. Not for me, at least. I seriously had to know what was going on :). Second to that was Old School RAW. I wanted to see how 'old school' it would be since I wasn't born for the original broadcasts and I don't watch much pre-90's anything.

No problem knowing your history, but I don't walk around here like I witnessed everything live since 1970 like some posters here (not all) do :agree: It's impossible to truly feel the atmosphere of those times if you weren't a part of it. Old School RAW gave me a really good insight on it.

So: Post-Nexus attack RAW > Old School RAW > This upcoming RAW

· Banned
4,265 Posts
I have to disagree here. Up until The Rock's return last Monday, RAW has been relatively weak so to say for all of 2011 I'd say. With the card being all over the place, a couple of questionable booking decisions and overall lackluster shows (I've watched all of them btw) I'd say Smackdown! has had the better show each week of 2011 with the exception on this past Monday compared to SD! 600.

I understand this isn't a comparison thread but I have to gage RAW up against something so yeah.

Anyway, I definitely am anticipating RAW heavier than recent memory but this doesn't top the RAW after the original Nexus attack. Not for me, at least. I seriously had to know what was going on :). Second to that was Old School RAW. I wanted to see how 'old school' it would be since I wasn't born for the original broadcasts and I don't watch much pre-90's anything.

No problem knowing your history, but I don't walk around here like I witnessed everything live since 1970 like some posters here (not all) do :agree: It's impossible to truly feel the atmosphere of those times if you weren't a part of it. Old School RAW gave me a really good insight on it.

So: Post-Nexus attack RAW > Old School RAW > This upcoming RAW
Agreed, Raw has been pretty bad for a long time now, though its better than it was a year ago.

As for Rocky, I dont think he will be there on Monday.

· Registered
587 Posts
Agreed, Raw has been pretty bad for a long time now, though its better than it was a year ago.

As for Rocky, I dont think he will be there on Monday.
I don't either, they've put time into the taker return, they won't want it overshadowed.

More importantly, Johnson wouldnt want to overshadow it either, and I doubt Undertaker would be too happy, common sense says monday will be about the results of tonight and Taker coming back from the dead.

Again.

· Banned
4,461 Posts
Old School Raw wasn't even old school..it was just modernized with Mean Gene and old sets being used. It DAMN SURE didn't feel like hte classic Bobby Heenan and Gorilla Monsoon commentary comedy that carried Prime Time Wrestling for years on end.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.