Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yes, he is still aimed at the kids and still corny with some parts of his promo.

But, his character has undergone a slight change. No "I respect you and our match" to his opponents (except The Rock). He is acting a bit heelish these days and beating up people in a manner he wouldn't have pre- Rock fued.

And I have given up on his heel turn and I am getting used to the kid-friendly Cena I guess. But his promos are still good (minus the few corny parts), still better than most of the roster. His beat-down on Cole was fun to watch. Accept it guys, If Austin would have beat down Cole, you would have loved it.

Don't flame on me or start giving me red reps for no reason at all. It's just an opinion.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Yes, he is still aimed at the kids and still corny with some parts of his promo.

But, his character has undergone a slight change. No "I respect you and our match" to his opponents (except The Rock). He is acting a bit heelish these days and beating up people in a manner he wouldn't have pre- Rock fued.

And I have given up on his heel turn and I am getting used to the kid-friendly Cena I guess. But his promos are still good (minus the few corny parts), still better than most of the roster. His beat-down on Cole was fun to watch. Accept it guys, If Austin would have beat down Cole, you would have loved it.

Don't flame on me or start giving me red reps for no reason at all. It's just an opinion.
Don't be a bully. Be a STAR!

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
The problem is, his character is on one hand Barney the Dinosaur and on the other, a vicious, sociopathic thug with a sadistic streak. That is partly why the bits with Cole, Laurinaitis, et. al., are incongruous and don't really pay off with any sense of gratification, or even simple sense. Austin was always a brutish, pugnacious ******* who had no qualms with beating the crap out of those who were trying to screw him or hold him down. With Cena, though, it feels like a constant mixed message.

Reactions: DratVanity

·
Registered
538 Posts
I respect everything Cena does outside the company (Make a wish) and things like that and thats about it.But god i can't fucking stand him on my TV screen.I wish he disappeared forever

·
Banned
609 Posts
4 out of the 10 threads on the first page are all about John Cena.... just saying.
He'll never go away if we keep showing an interest in him. And talking about him whether its bad or good like this, is showing interest.

·
Respect My Pimphand..
15,750 Posts
:cornette

John Cena's cheese factor has been at an all-time high since WM. Absolutely unbearable.
Agreed I stopped sitting through most Cena segments after the Lesnar burial, but from the bits and pieces, here and there, that I've glanced at, he's just as terrible as ever which makes me glad I'm tuning out.

·
Registered
49 Posts
4 out of the 10 threads on the first page are all about John Cena.... just saying.
He'll never go away if we keep showing an interest in him. And talking about him whether its bad or good like this, is showing interest.
It doesn't matter if we keep talking about him really. Nobody from the IWC likes hime, except for a very minor few (who hope one day he can return to thuganomics). It's the kids and the woman who like him, and they don't (well most of them) show any interest on forums like this. The WWE didn't make Cena what he is today to cater to the IWC, they did it for the kids. We could have no Cena threads for a month and it won't change anything. That's my opinon anyway....

·
Banned
4,994 Posts
I appreciated his comedy skits of recent. Overall nothing spectacular going on with his character, but it's not the end of the world either.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Oh i don't agree here. He's absolutely unwatchable. I generally never skip any part of raw and smackdown but i actually did with recent cena's promo. I skipped last smackdown ending and the cole barbecuefest. This is absolutely atrocious.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
What? His character has been the absolute worst it's ever been. Horrible to imagine that he could go so fast from "I can't lose to The Rock" and being scared of Brock Lesnar to reverting to the same ol' shit.

·
Registered
6,978 Posts
I respect everything Cena does outside the company (Make a wish) and things like that and thats about it.But god i can't fucking stand him on my TV screen.I wish he disappeared forever
Totally off topic, but on that note, I wonder if Cena's an organ donor...?

·
Banned
682 Posts

It's not the same.

And as for Cena being better now. No he's not. He's the same goofy, cheesy, not funny, predictable, boring wrestler he's been for about 6 years.

·
Registered
362 Posts

I don't understand why when someone says they like one wrestler that the majority of the people don't like they have to jump on the person that likes said wreslter, it was good to hear your opinion on Cena, and i myself am starting to enjoy Cena's character opposed to what he is being commpared to right now, i just can't wait until the big show quits being the worlds largest bitch.

·
Banned
130 Posts
He's boring more than ever. I just can't watch his promos or watch him in the ring, he's a total disgrace. I don't understand him sometimes I say to myself is he for real, he's just so childish and corny. I can't stand his facial expressions or what he represents. He's stale and talentless, same old shit nothing creative about him and there is nothing to like about him he's over pushed and most of the time he's overrated. He's killing WWE who the hell of grown men's will watch him? People think this show is for kids because of him.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts