Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have watched WWE for 3 years and now I have a question for all members who know clearly about WWE :"every match at WWE is a real fight or just a fight that have an arrangements(like a film) ?"
I wanted to know it because some moves in every match maybe practised before the match.

PS : English isn't my primary language :)

·
Custom User Title
15,224 Posts
wins are pre-determined, but move for move....depends on the wrestler. No wrestlers plans each and every move of each and every match they have, but a guy like Bret Hart really liked laying out hs matches in a set of spots and such.

E.g. the match with Davey Boy at SummerSlam 92- before the match Bret came up with I think five certain spots to do, and numbered them, then when he was ready to do each spot he'd whisper the number to Davey.

There's also a lot of spots set up by writers and people like Vince McMahon, like when someone person runs in and interrupts a match.

Some wrestlers probably just go into the match without much planned and fire away what they think of on the spot.

Moves being real also depends on the wrestler. Don't get me wrong- I hear it can hurt like HELL just landing on that mat, but some people like punching/stomping harder and others just take it more softly. But they aren't actually 'fighting' fighting, you have to sell the move and co-operate with you're opponent otherwise you'd never see something like a routine suplex without something breaking their neck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
wins are pre-determined, but move for move....depends on the wrestler. No wrestlers plans each and every move of each and every match they have, but a guy like Bret Hart really liked laying out hs matches in a set of spots and such.

E.g. the match with Davey Boy at SummerSlam 92- before the match Bret came up with I think five certain spots to do, and numbered them, then when he was ready to do each spot he'd whisper the number to Davey.

There's also a lot of spots set up by writers and people like Vince McMahon, like when someone person runs in and interrupts a match.

Some wrestlers probably just go into the match without much planned and fire away what they think of on the spot.

Moves being real also depends on the wrestler. Don't get me wrong- I hear it can hurt like HELL just landing on that mat, but some people like punching/stomping harder and others just take it more softly. But they aren't actually 'fighting' fighting, you have to sell the move and co-operate with you're opponent otherwise you'd never see something like a routine suplex without something breaking their neck.
oh, tks for all your replies, now I see :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts