Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About two years ago my best friend went out with a girl. I became friends with her. They broke up after 4 months. Now, my best friend is going out with another girl, but is still friends with the other one. The four of us went to the movies last night, my friend with his girlfriend and then me and the other girl but just as friends (me & her). I didn't really notice it, but my friend told me she was flirting with me the whole night. When we dropped her off, he asked if I liked her. I said no and he said that if I did that would be perfect. That got me thinking if I do like her. There are a few things in the way. I feel wierd that she went out with my brest friend, but he seems to be ok with it. Also, she's a really good friend that's a girl, which could help me in the future, and I think if we go out and then break up we won't be friends anymore. She "seems" to like me but I not sure. She looks good and is nice to hang around with, but sometimes gets a little annoying. What should I do?

·
HAIREH BAWWWWLS
4,558 Posts
You don't really sound overly keen in her.

If you don't WANT to be with her and dont at least feel a slight stirring in the loins at the mention of her name, it's not very likely that you're gonna make anything long-term out of it. Sounds like a relationship for the sake of a relationship to me, and that's not worth losing a friend over.

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
Your best friend broke up with the girl, and they seem to be good friends now, right? What have you got to lose? Try and ask her if she likes you. If she does, try going out with her; you might start liking her too.

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
I was kind of in the same situation a couple of years ago. I wasn't close friends with her or anything but when a group of us would go out we'd always get on really well. (I am close to her now but we're both hooked up) I wasn't too in to her though and I wasn't sure how my friend would react so I didn't go for it. Then I heard that she liked me and suddenly it's a regret... More hassle than its worth I say.

I've no advice for you at all really lol, but just thought I'd mention that it's a similar situation.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
First off, ask yourself this question: IS SHE WORTH IT? I MEAN IS SHE AN UNCOMMON GIRL TO FIND? I MEAN IS SHE WONDERFUL? I MEAN WOULD SHE MAKE A GOOD GIRL FRIEND?

You have to ask yourself these questions, and then you have to determine if it's WORTH taking a shot at her. I don't know how long you guys have been friends, but just use good judgement and common sense.

If she's a wonderful girl and you can answer "yes" to all those questions, and your friend is not your "best friend" go for it and take a risk. Things may be weird between you and your friend, but it's worth taking that risk if she's that wonderful.

If she's a regular girl and you can only answer "yes" to only one of those questions, don't risk it. Whether he's your best friend or not, don't take that risk.

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
Dynasty said:
If she's a regular girl and you can only answer "yes" to only one of those questions, don't risk it. Whether he's your best friend or not, don't take that risk.
No, if he went on a 'real' date w/her, his opinion might change to any of those questions. First he's got to find out if she really does like him. Then, after spending some private time with the girl, he should try and answer your questions. That's really the best way to prove if he likes her.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
^^^ I thought he already knew here well enough... But the thing with a date is that that little date can still ruin their friendship.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
^^ Agree. Seen it happen a million times.

Keep her as a good friend, and use her to set you up with her friends.

Win Win. No weird feelings between you and your friend, between you and her and you get your grind on.

PS If you just stay good friends, wait till she gets another b/friend, she how much more you like her then.

·
Registered
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for the advice. To answer some of the questions you guys had: she went out with my best friends but he said he doesn't care, I've been friends w/ her for about 4 or 5 years, and I'm still not sure if I really like her, but I can't stop thinking about her. Thanks again!

·
Banned
4,310 Posts
amrocky25 said:
thanks for the advice. To answer some of the questions you guys had: she went out with my best friends but he said he doesn't care, I've been friends w/ her for about 4 or 5 years, and I'm still not sure if I really like her, but I can't stop thinking about her. Thanks again!
If you've been friends with her for 4-5 years, you shouldn't risk your friendship right now. You probably can't stop thinking about her because you think she likes you...I guess you're just excited about the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thing.

·
Banned
3,373 Posts
amrocky25 said:

Lol, you THINK you like her because I bet you have no other options going for you right now. You have mixed feelings about this girl because deep down inside you know you don't have a thing for her, but in reality right now you have no alternatives. When you start to have more appealing girls in your life you'll completely forget about this girl. Believe me, I know.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts