Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of his character. I like the visual element and the nostalgia that it brings.

However, I have a problem with WHY he is here.

Its like WWE is forcing him into a storyline just for the sake of it.

What reason does he have to be against HHH/The Authority?

He has no prior history and has defended WCW his entire career. Now suddenly, he's so passionate about stopping The Authority/HHH?

Like I said, I'm a fan of the character, but I wish they would give him a VALID reason for being here.

The Authority has never done anything to Sting or affected him in any way. Why does he suddenly care?

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think it's basically that he's a face who traditionally fought against injustice in WCW, and now he's come to the same in the WWE. :draper2
From a surface standpoint I get it, but I just seems so forced.

He has NEVER had an allegiance with the WWE. In fact, it has been the exact opposite.

So after years of denying WWE his services, he suddenly feels compelled to help?

I know its kayfabe but come on...

If this is the so called "reality" era, add some drama.

It would be cool if he was the lone WCW survivor coming back to seek revenge for his company going under. He could do one match and that's it.

But to have him defend WWE just seems very forced and lazy

·
Registered
807 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The company needs to explain WHY Sting feels compelled to defend WWE. The company that put HIS company out of business.

Why does Sting have a sudden allegiance to this company?

He has been a WCW guy his entire career.

·
Premium Member
142 Posts
Triple H at fast lane makes the grandstanding statement that Sting was ducking him, the Rock, Stone Cold Steve Austin, Brock Lesnar, Shawn Michaels and John Cena, which is why he never showed up in WWE. He could say even further that once he got beat by Hogan, he had enough of the WWE, and knew he wouldn’t be able to keep up.

Of course, Sting’s reasoning for not coming to WWE is that back-biting politicians like Triple H would’ve stacked the deck against him, as not even in WCW did someone marry the boss’ daughter and sleep his way to the top. He can bring up the WCW wrestlers like Chris Jericho, who worked hard and struggled (like he did) for everything they received. While yes, this is a bit “inside,” this feud must involve the Attitude Era, and what’s more “Attitude Era” than an internet-baiting promo?

That's your story.

·
Banned
1,140 Posts
Why insert into the Authority angle? Because, "IT'S THE VIGILANTE, STING. IT'S THE VIGILANTE, STING!!!!!". omfg!!!!

/sarcasm

Reactions: Goku

·
Registered
5,198 Posts
Yeah, I've been hoping for some sort of explanation since Survivor Series.

I don't think he's the bad guy since the Authority's been screwing with the babyfaces and Sting was acting as the hero saving the day. That's like asking what business Batman has to stop robbers from mugging someone. I guess some people ask that question, but like any vigilante, Sting is taking action against bad people who deserved and I guess there's an inherit moral/ethical dilemma with vigilantes by definition. But they're still ultimately heroes.

Still, I'd like to know why now. I think it could be easily explained as HHH being the one keeping Sting out of WWE since they bought WCW. All they really have to do is say that and it's justified pretty well. Sting's trying to get HHH to let him compete in the WWE after years of keeping him away from it unjustifiably. That makes sense to me.

·
Registered
995 Posts
However, I have a problem with WHY he is here.
'Cause he fukken can be.

Its like WWE is forcing him into a storyline just for the sake of it.

What reason does he have to be against HHH/The Authority?
That's the build up. We don't know the full story about Sting's involvement. We're not supposed to yet.

He has no prior history and has defended WCW his entire career. Now suddenly, he's so passionate about stopping The Authority/HHH?
Whether he was in the WWE or not, he has TONS of prior history. You can't diminish his career because he has no prior history in the WWE; almost everyone knows who he is and most know that he played the biggest face in the company when he debuted the red and black facepaint.

I think they're just trying to relate the situation between Sting vs The Authority and Sting vs nWo just to keep that huge babyface persona and telling the story of fighting for the business.

Like I said, I'm a fan of the character, but I wish they would give him a VALID reason for being here
We'll find out. The fact that we don't know is supposed to build the anticipation.

The Authority has never done anything to Sting or affected him in any way. Why does he suddenly care?
He made his debut in a video game. I'd be pretty mad too.

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
He saw two companies be run into the ground by Bischoff and Dixie....Won't let it happen to the biggest company because he wants to save wrestling......

They could just easily say.......reasons. And I'm fine with it, Sting is here and I marked.....had to explain who he was to my kids, but I still marked.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sting has not been relevant in wrestling for more than a decade. Of course, it would feel a little odd for a few people. But it is clear he is playing an extension of the character he played in WCW - The mysterious vigilante that opposes injustice, similar to the Sting vs NWO angle

·
Registered
88 Posts
This type of storylines are crazy. A guy with his face painted with black and white just enters into your company like nothing. He has music and entrance video.

- Hey, put my music
- But you're not the one who is fucking HHH up?
- Yeah
- Oh, okay, let me put your music
- Thank you
- No problem, creepy guy.

Then, he kick some asses, and he leaves.

I know that is just wrestling, but I don't know, It's funny

·
Registered
2,306 Posts
Pretty easy to explain Sting getting into the buildings.

They let a lot of old stars visit backstage to visit old friends, maybe Arn let him in. He hid his facepaint tools and ring gear under his jacket and hijacked the production truck for a few minutes.

That or Vince is all "these damn kids are ruining my programming, we NEED TO SHAKE THINGS UP....Who haven't I got yet? STING.....GET ME STING GODDAMMIT". :vince

1 - 20 of 53 Posts