Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put this in the rewards idea thread (not sure why now that I think about it) but I'd like to elaborate on it a little more. What I'm thinking if it's even possible (VS lol) is when a new member signs up to the forum they get a period of time (I was thinking three days but you could make it one if you really want to be cheap) where they have all the features of a premium membership (except maybe the chatbox. Make it so they can see it but can't post in it maybe?) to try out before they buy.

Think about it, a lot of the newer members have no idea what the premium membership is about bar that awful table that compares the three memberships. I think there are a lot more benefits than people realise at first and it would be a great way for them to become familiar with it so they actually know what they're missing.

It will likely increase the revenue through memberships (hear me now VS?) because more people are likely to spend the money to keep their features once they've already got them.

It wouldn't take much. After 72 hours have a pop-up or an automated PM sent to them telling them their temp membership has expired and to renew it they have to go (insert link to checkout here) and sign up. Making sure to list the features that will change on their account if they don't.

People can't be bitter about it, you'd be giving them something for free not to mention you might even encourage some of the 1500 guests we get each week during Raw to sign up. Hell you guys can even steal my idea and use it on all your fancy sports network sites.

Wait who am I kidding? This is the only half-decent forum on their whole network.

Anyway. Discuss, criticise, ban me etc.

·
30,978 Posts
As far as I know with some tweaking it would be possible. Wouldn't even need VS other than them saying it's ok or what not. We'd basically set it so new members are in a usergroup that's identical to lifetime premium and then they'd get "promoted" to the regular user group after x number of days. Only thing I don't think I could set easily is to make sure the ads aren't appearing for them.

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just let them know that with the REAL premium membership they get less ads like normal then. The only thing you might need VS for would be creating the graphics etc. to promote it? Or could you put that in the rules maybe?

·
30,978 Posts
Not really sure what promoting it needs other than something in the FAQ thread for people not to read as per usual.

Anyway, I like the idea, VS would need to ok it and we'll wait to see what the rest of staff thinks.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,581 Posts
What about us members that have already signed up? Do we not get to experience what it feels like to be premium? I really just want to feel like changing my usertitle, don't really care about the 3 day thing.

·
30,978 Posts
I doubt we'd give them the right to change their user title. Just arcade, chat box, and ummm I have no idea. Signature was always the seller, I really have no idea what it is anymore (which makes me wonder if this is really worth it).

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Or if you did just have it change back when the time is up (I'm not sure if that's possible though).

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Great idea my man, I would back this 100%.

·
Banned
1,054 Posts
Hold on, what do i get if i buy the membership? I thought it was something like no adverts and thats all! :O

·
What?
13,511 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You get significantly less ads (ie they get rid of the annoying pop ups and mid-thread ads from memory) but some still stay around (like the google text ads on the side).

It has been years since I had a normal membership though so I could be wrong.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts