Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why do we get him instead of Matt Striker as the third commentary guy? The dude says the exact same word for word verbatim cringe worthy crap every week.

Especially during Randy Orton matches. I don't think I've seen a Smackdown in which Josh Matthews hasn't said "Orton is starting to hear voices in his head!" No you idiot, he's not actually a paranoid schizophrenic, that's just part of the lyrics to his fucking entrance music. fpalm

·
"This is real..."
1,200 Posts
I'd take Josh Matthews over Matt Striker any day. Matt Striker is a giant, annoying nerd.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Really? You'd take Josh Matthews repeating Cody Rhodes every time he comes to the ring because we haven't heard the past 800 times when Josh has said "Cody dosn't like your lieing eyes!" I'd rather have a nerd that marks out then someone who just restates exact lines he's heard from wrestlers and entrance music every single week.

·
Registered
586 Posts
Josh Mathews is basically the only voice of sanity in SmackDown commentary table.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Agreed.

I like Striker, but putting him with Booker and Cole might cause the universe to implode.
Yeah. You've got 2 color commentators, one heel and one face, and then Josh who is neutral and tries to mostly focus on the match. Although when Cole starts interrupting everything and blabber on for 10 minutes he talks back and tries to be reasonable. I hate Michael Cole, Josh at least is sensible.

They should replace Cole with Striker if anything. And leave Booker, since he's epic.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Josh alone isn't that great, but between Cole and Booker he's doing great...

I like Matt Striker , he actually uses the correct wrestlingterms and he marks out once in a while and that makes him human...

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
Actually, the sheer over the topness of Cole and Booker make it difficult to enjoy Josh. Striker should replace Cole as a heel commentator on SD imo. Or bring up the honorary broski Stanford.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
No idea what the "Aggressive" side comment is in reference to. However Josh just reminds me of WCW Mike Tenay insofar as he tries to be a kayfabe behind the scenes expert that just ends up sounding ridiculous. Statements that begin with "Cody Rhodes told me backstage earlier..." always end up sounding really stupid.

·
You want it all but you can't have it.
2,986 Posts
I like Josh Matthews, he brings some normality to the commentary booth.

He's better than AWWWW SHUCKY DUCKY QUACK QUACK anyway.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
SCOTT STANFORD FOR JOSH MATTHEWS ALL THE WAY. WWWYKI.

·
-
7,495 Posts
I feel sorry for Josh. He's the only one that tries to call the match, while Booker is blabbing on about his fave 5 and Cole being just Cole.

·
Banned
7,761 Posts
Josh Mathews is the Jim Ross of SmackDown.

Between Booker T not knowing what the hell he's doing or saying half the time, and Michael Cole being...Michael Cole, Josh Mathews actually focuses on the matches, attempts to remain in a neural position, throws in a couple of jokes only when it's nessecary, and actually does his job correctly.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts