Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, the title of this thread might be misleading .. I meant that there are only 2 guys in the WWE that actually get on my nerves whenever they are on TV .. Del Rio and Barrett .. These 2 guys play their role to perfection .. The arrogant smirk, their facial expressions, the way they carry themselves .. These two are just natural heels ..

I don't recollect any other heel in the WWE that I actually hate .. They haven't given me enough reasons to hate them .. Sheamus is my favourite wrestler and I don't find anything heelish in him at all .. So what, if he is beating up on faces ?! He is funny on the mic and entertaining and more suited to a face role .. Miz plays his role well but I can't HATE him, Punk is so lovable as the straight edge saviour .. There's no reason to hate Cody Rhodes .. Why would someone hate a guy who gives you fashion tips ?!

I actually mean to say that as mature wrestling fans, we know how this business works, heels do heelish actions because they are supposed to be hated .. Del Rio and Barrett actually get under my skin sometimes and I legit hate the characters they portray .. That's why I find them such entertaining heels .. They sometimes make me want to punch them in the face ! But, I don't find anything to hate in most of the other heels in the company including my favourite wrestlers , Punk and Sheamus ..

Does that mean Barrett and Alberto Del Rio are doing a better job than let's say someone like Punk or The Miz ? I guess as heels, their job is to make even mature wrestling fans hate them, not just kids and casual fans, Thoughts ?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
I agree with the things you said about the other heels, but like them, I can't hate ADR and Barrett. Del Rio, because he reminds me of Eddie, and Barrett because he's so good at keeping Cena on a tight leash (and reminds me of a wrestling Ricky Gervais). The most recent heel I genuinely hated was JBL, ADR has some characteristics like him but not to the point where I wanted to smack up-side his head like I would Layfield.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I agree with the things you said about the other heels, but like them, I can't hate ADR and Barrett. Del Rio, because he reminds me of Eddie, and Barrett because he's so good at keeping Cena on a tight leash (and reminds me of a wrestling Ricky Gervais). The most recent heel I genuinely hated was JBL, ADR has some characteristics like him but not to the point where I wanted to smack up-side his head like I would Layfield.
Exactly .. I would put JBL and HHH from early 2000 in the same category .. They actually made me hate them .. Punk and Sheamus on the other hand, I like them .. When they beat up on faces, I kind of dig it instead of hating on them ..

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I actually don't think it is good that you hate them and they annoy you. These days, if there is a guy that I dont like, I'll just watch something else, there are so many choices. Its not like 'oh I can't wait to see that jerk get his ass kicked' anymore. It is too ingrained in peoples' heads now that it is all a show. You can't just be an annoying bore and get boos that way, that shit works for a live audience, even today at indy shows it still works well, but as far as on tv it just isn't the same. There has to be an underlying entertainment level. Like in movies, especially blockbusters, the bad guys are bad, but they are usually awesome at the same time. Thats kind of what we had in the past with all of the Anti-hero, cool heel types. And thats when wrestling was hot. coincidence? maybe, but I doubt it.

But I actually think Del rio is one of the few who has that currently- barrett I'm not so sure.

·
So good they named it thrice
6,336 Posts
If you legitimately hate a heel it means they're doing their job rt fo. tha love ADR because he's great and Barrett for that same reason, also he's British :D

·
Hunter of Invisible Game
37,904 Posts
Too Bad. I hate Morrison and Kennedy/Anderson but that doesn't stop them from being on TV.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Arsenal FTW™;9021123 said:
If you legitimately hate a heel it means they're doing their job rt fo. tha love ADR because he's great and Barrett for that same reason, also he's British :D
I meant when Barrett is bullying around Cena, I kind of root for Cena .. But if someone like Jericho or Punk would be kicking Cena's ass, I would root for them against Cena .. It's like Barrett is kind of making me hate his character, so he is doing a better job perhaps ?

·
Asuka
96,568 Posts
I can't hate Barrett, he's way too awesome. ADR is pretty good too, so same. I can't dislike a guy because they do their job well.

·
Registered
179 Posts
both of them are awesome, first time i saw wade barrett i just knew he would become a star,same with alberto del rio.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts