Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I was interested in buying a nintendo 3DS when it first came out, but $249.99 for just the system seemed a bit steep to me, especially since the game I wanted was an additional $39.99 all before taxes of course. So I decided to wait, and for some reason after the price drop, today felt like it was the right time to buy the system and the game I wanted (Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)

So I went to Future Shop expecting to receive the System for $169.99 and the game for $39.99....I didn't. I got told they were having a special deal at this store from the Manager, and it was a deal i couldn't pass up.

If I was going to buy the System and Game I would of paid $250 for the game and system after taxes. But this Deal gave me the Following:

Nintendo 3DS
Free Game of my Choosing (Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time)
1 pack of 3 different colored Stylus's
1 Screen Shield Kit
1 3DS Starter Kit which had the following in it

(1 set of Earphones, 3 more Stylus's, 1 XL Pen Stylus, 1 3DS Case, 1 Car Charger, 1 SD card Reader, 1 AR Card Case, 1 Wrist Strap, 1 6 in 1 Travel Game Case, 1 Cleaning Cloth, 1 Soft Applicator Cord, 2 sets of screen protectors, 1 Carabiner Mountain clip and 1 audio splitter)

And Finally with this deal I got a 3 Year Warrenty where they will replace my 3DS if it gets broken anytime in 3 years

So how much did I pay for all this?....$270 AFTER TAXES!! I am thrilled, I think I got a GREAT DEAL! The 3 year warrenty really clinched the deal for me! I was expecting to pay about $250 for the game and console, but for an extra $20 I got a hell of a lot more lol

·
The OPINIONS expressed here are my OWN
442 Posts
We always get deals like that in England. Still feel the price handhelds are at the moment is still too much.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nintendo 3DS is extremely overrated, I wouldn't even want one for free (okay, I do, but I would sell it).
lol in my opinion I disagree, I think some of the games look fantastic, look forward to getting them in the future. I love the fact that I can turn off the 3D mode when I want, its nice to have the 3D mode but not all the time. The Resident evil that's coming out next year looks good, as does Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion and Star Fox 64. The Zelda game I am playing now is fantastic, great colors and graphics :). But again just my opinions, I agreed $250 for just the system was ridiculous but I am pretty happy with everything I got. I also love the fact that I can watch Netflix on it.

We always get deals like that in England.
Good for you =), Where I am we don't get these deals often so am happy to have gotten it. Also I would rather spend the little bit extra money to get all this stuff then waiting for the company to lower the prices again for something that already offers so much as it is. This Console is certainly awesome and I think $170 is a fantastic price for what it offers. Plus I rarely buy a gaming console myself so this was exciting, the ones I have I got from Christmas. My birthday is this month so decided to splurge a bit, but got more then I bargained for lol. Only expected to get the game and console for $240 lol

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
I'd give about 75 dollars for a hand held system. Perhaps 100 dollars if I got a good game with it. But that's neither here nor there so congrats on getting the system YOU wanted at a price you feel is a great deal. That's always a good feeling.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But that's neither here nor there so congrats on getting the system YOU wanted at a price you feel is a great deal. That's always a good feeling.
Thank you, it certainly is, especially since someone gave me $50 towards it as a birthday gift, so really it was $220 lol. Its always nice to get a cool treat for yourself like this once in a blue moon. I think the last time I bought myself a handheld device was when I bought my phone 2 years ago lol. Plus when I left that store I was just so happy, not because I felt I got a cool deal, but because getting something like this once in awhile is nice and exciting. I have a friend who has parents who gives him whatever he wants, he paid $250 for the 3DS as soon as it was released, I must say i don't think I would ever want my family to give me whatever I wanted because then the excitement isn't there as much. Its kinda like eating fast food as a treat, when you limit it, then its really good lol

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Thank you, it certainly is, especially since someone gave me $50 towards it as a birthday gift, so really it was $220 lol. Its always nice to get a cool treat for yourself like this once in a blue moon. I think the last time I bought myself a handheld device was when I bought my phone 2 years ago lol. Plus when I left that store I was just so happy, not because I felt I got a cool deal, but because getting something like this once in awhile is nice and exciting. I have a friend who has parents who gives him whatever he wants, he paid $250 for the 3DS as soon as it was released, I must say i don't think I would ever want my family to give me whatever I wanted because then the excitement isn't there as much. Its kinda like eating fast food as a treat, when you limit it, then its really good lol
And really, that's all that fucking matters. You bought something and felt great about it! That's almost priceless really. I can't remember the last time I bought something and was actually elated about it. :p I usually have buyers remorse... unless it's a half-gallon of Jim Beam... so yeah, that's the last time I bought something and was excited about my purchase.

·
Celestial Messiah
33,588 Posts
Thats a lot of styluses. Guess you wont be running out of those any time soon.

Not exactly what I'd call a fantastic deal since I wouldnt want anything asides from the 3DS and Ocarina, but if you makes you happy then who cares?

·
Sorry bout your damn luck
3,483 Posts
Congrats on the purchase my man, and happy gaming. ;)

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Congrats on the purchase my man, and happy gaming. ;)
Thank you :) Its going great so far!

Thats a lot of styluses. Guess you wont be running out of those any time soon.

Not exactly what I'd call a fantastic deal since I wouldnt want anything asides from the 3DS and Ocarina, but if you makes you happy then who cares?
here here :)

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mario Kart 3DS, Luigis Mansion 2 and Star Fox 64

Great little lineup of games I want right there!

I don't own a 3DS but I do feel the upcoming games warrant a purchase. Not that I know anyone who owns one
Yeah the games that got me to buy it were Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, Star Fox 64, Luigi's Mansion 2, Paper Mario 3DS and the Resident Evil game that is coming out next year, so that is 5 to look forward to right there. I wasn't gonna get the 3DS but I haven't gotten myself a big treat like this in a long time so I decided to splurge :)

·
Banned
2,009 Posts
We always get deals like that in England. Still feel the price handhelds are at the moment is still too much.
This. It makes zero sense that the games are also priced the same or sometimes more than a PS3 or 360 game. You're telling me i'm gunna pay around the same price to play Starfox64 from like 15 years ago as I would to play something like Mass Effect?

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This. It makes zero sense that the games are also priced the same or sometimes more than a PS3 or 360 game. You're telling me i'm gunna pay around the same price to play Starfox64 from like 15 years ago as I would to play something like Mass Effect?
I'm not saying you're wrong for your views on this but you gotta remember some people have their own reasons for wanting the game on a handheld device. I completely thought over the fact that I could play Zelda and Star Fox on my N64 instead of buying the 3DS to play it on there. But what made me decide to get it was the fact I wanted to play some of the newer games that I listed in the future. Also sometimes I have to go into the hospital for some health reasons, one of the things that ALWAYS lifts me up and makes me happy is playing some games from the N64 like Zelda, Star Fox and a few others. But as the years went on the Hospital never had the N64 games on the wards anymore because of them being outdated.

So having the option to bring my favorite games with me to pass the time is something that makes it really worth buying it :) Sometimes there are certain reasons that make the purchase a lot more better :) Having something to lift my spirits during a rough time is definitely worth the purchase to me ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts