Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not saying he should be world champion again but he should be better than a completed jobber like that. The guy has a good character, charisma, and mic skills. He has average wrestling skills but he has the ability to tell stories, to sell moves and injuries, has ring psychology and can work with the crowd.

He should take on Jericho's role, a high midcard heel that can go up and down between Inter/U.S. level and the world title picture. No need to give him the world title but putting him in some multi-man world title match should be fine.

Or at least use him in the Inter/U.S. division. Everytime he hold the Inter/U.S. title he always make the title mean something, then he lost it to the likes of Ziggler, Kofi, and the title went back to its irrelevant state.

·
Banned
10,724 Posts
They did. He was world champion in 2011. And went over Cena with.Rock as special guest ref in the main event of Mania. Not many if any can say that. Miz seems to be playing the manager role atm.

·
The Blue Meanie
15,838 Posts
Miz is an underrated talent by the WWE. He always does what is asked of him and never goes through the motions. Miz doesn't need to be "the guy" but he eats so much shit with a smile.

Speaking of Jericho, I found him horrible as the host of Tough Enough but Miz showed more passion on Tough Enough Live or whatever it was called.

At least he can say he was the main event at Wrestlemania.

·
Registered
6,872 Posts
At least he's getting media and movies. He much more valuable than 3/4 of the roster and quite frankly deserves a solid storyline.

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,063 Posts
Because there's nothing he can do that he would excel in. His main event run ran its course and wasn't much of a success, and what's worse is he ended up becoming the first person to ever beat Cena at Wrestlemania (in singles action anyways). What a fucking waste that was. He's a good mic worker but he has a serious problem playing the face role. Due to his looks, it's really hard to take him seriously playing the face role. He just naturally looks the part of a heel. His expressions and attitude make him come off as an asshole, he's skinny compared to most of the other performers and he has the voice of a pissed off jock. He just screams heel.

What doesn't help is he's a pretty mediocre in ring worker, and struggled horribly trying to perform in the ring as a face. He's just meant to play the heel role. This sometimes can be a good thing, but in his case it's not. He's talented, but he's just not meant to be a main eventer. He never was. And I still can't believe to this day that this fucker actually main evented Wrestlemania and WON THE FUCKING MATCH.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Not saying he should be world champion again but he should be better than a completed jobber like that. The guy has a good character, charisma, and mic skills. He has average wrestling skills but he has the ability to tell stories, to sell moves and injuries, has ring psychology and can work with the crowd.

He should take on Jericho's role, a high midcard heel that can go up and down between Inter/U.S. level and the world title picture. No need to give him the world title but putting him in some multi-man world title match should be fine.

Or at least use him in the Inter/U.S. division. Everytime he hold the Inter/U.S. title he always make the title mean something, then he lost it to the likes of Ziggler, Kofi, and the title went back to its irrelevant state.
Miz had his time in the midcard title scene not too long ago. He's won his fair share of belts, hell Maybe more than he ever should have. I don't want to see him anywhere near a championship.

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
He is already in the Jericho role. Winning a title here and there and then dropping down to put over the mid card babyfaces.

·
Banned
6,087 Posts
He was good when Alex Reily was his lackey. And then he turned on him when he lost the title. It was amazing heel work by Miz. He wasn't the funny heel like he is doing now. He was pure jock alpha male asshole.

·
The Last Dragon
14,488 Posts
Good thread and I couldn't agree more with you. Miz deserves much better from Creative. At least a compelling storyline, because he'd put over his opponent great, like he always does.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
He should just be a manager. There's a lot of guys who have potential to be something, but can't really cut promos. He'd be perfect for that role.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
He's pretty good in the Talk show geek role...but as a wrestler I think his time has come and gone, contribution wise.

Even in an Upper-Mid card role I can't see it...There are many dudes that are legit looking guys who can really outperform him in the ring if the booking would allow it. Rusev, Barrett, Neville, Owens, Swagger, Del Rio, Breeze, Titus etc ...They also could have a real presence in the mid card, wrestling and character wise, again if allowed. Much more than Miz can at this point in his career anyway.

Miz's only current value comes from his ability to talk, putting people over in matches doesn't really mean shit anymore for him or his opponent, the best thing he can do is talk people up on his show or on commentary (another good potential role for him IMO).

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
I'm actually quite enjoying what The Miz is doing. He is good on the mic and I like his character, his wrestling I'm not too crazy on. I think his talk segment and maybe a colour commentary role in the future would suit him better than a more active wrestling role

·
Banned
6,709 Posts
The Miz in my opinion is at a point where he has to be more than just some ordinary looking guy coming to the ring. His character has recently been more about Hollywood than wrestling and that's fine, but let's see more of the Hollywood. In my opinion he shouldn't just come out like he is now. I want to see elaborate costumes, makeup, and most of all a gran entrance. I want to see more of his character relate to things like the seasons, holidays, or folklore. For example. If he is live on Raw and it's the week of Halloween, I want to see his entrance attire reflect that. Alexa Bliss did a Freddy Kruger theme and it was great. I want to see things like this from The Miz.

I want his main look to be something out of a Gothic Novel. I find that when characters turn to the dark side it can be helpful. It worked for Taker, Sting, and Foley. I would love for Miz to call himself "Le Miz" and have an entourage as well. Not a stable, but an entourage of folks similar to what Adam Rose's character had. Like his own paparazzi. Give him LeFort in the future to manage him. Give him a miniature poodle. Announce his arrival to the ring, he should receive that type of attention, will make fans hate him even more.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
And why can't they give better stuff to Titus O'Neil, make good angles for the Wyatt family, etc...

Because everything has to be run by Vince. So that means once 20 writers get done fighting about the main event that doesn't leave much time for the undercard.

So if a writer has a great idea for The Miz he doesn't have time to fight for the angle and just ends up giving up and puts him in a meaningless match.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
Look at this way...

He's likely making some really good cash.
He has already main evened WM.
His chance of getting injured is almost 0% given what he is currently doing.
He gets TV time now and then.
He's making movies.
He's banging Maryse.

There are a lot of guys who wish they could have it that rough...

Something tells me that Miz ain't dumb and realizes he has a pretty sweet gig going.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts