Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The question is simple: Who are the wrestlers who you just can't understand why so many people get behind, and who are the wrestlers who you can't believe more people don't like? For the purposes of this thread, when I say "people" I mean more the IWC, not marks.

I don't understand why so many people like:

Edge - The guy is absurdly injury prone, he seems to be completely unable to get a heel reaction (at least since his last return), his promos aren't that great (they just always sound the same to me) and I don't find him very compelling in the ring.

Michael Tarver - I never really saw anything special in him during his run on the original NXT. In the ring, I think he's average, and I really don't see what everyone likes about his promos.

The Miz - Just awful in the ring. He's not as bad as David Otunga, but he's definitely in the bottom 1/4 of the roster. I can concede that he's gifted on the mic, but (much moreso lately) he seems to be giving the same promo every week, and his whole current promo style seems to be a rip off of Jericho's latest character.

I don't understand why so many people don't like:

John Morrison - He's very over, and he's entertaining in the ring. I think his mic skills are really the only think keeping him from a main event push.

Jack Swagger - I do NOT get why everyone says he's bad on the stick. Ever since the Trophy promo he cut on Smackdown, I've thought he was good. He's definitely got very good wrestling ability, and he has a style that works quite well for him. Admittedly, however, his WHC reign came across as rushed and could have been booked better.

Husky Harris - I think he's the most underrated member of Nexus. He looks sinister, and his body type, while a stark deviation from the normal WWE physique, seems to work for him. In the ring, he's surprisingly agile, and doesn't seem to gas out like other (albeit bigger) guys like Mark Henry.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Christian - I've never really been able to see whats so great about him. He isn't bad in the ring but he isn't great either. I find him pretty boring actually. I've also never heard a good promo from him yet (not saying he hasn't had one), like the only thing that draws any attention to them are his occasional 1 liners that aren't that great anyway.

Miz - He is the 2nd worst in ring performer in the WWE behind Otunga and his mic skills are boring and repetetive. One of the most over rated guys in the E.

I don't get why people don't like:
R-Truth - He is energetic, charismatic and the live audience seems to get behind him. He can be entertaining on the mic but tends to rely on "What's up?!" to get him cheers. His finisher isn't as bad as what some people think but they should get him to use his scissor kick as his main finisher and use the lie detector as his secondary.

Daniel Bryan - He is the best in the world and there is no denying it. He can hold his own on the mic aswell. He cops way to much shit on here for a guy of his calibre.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
randy orton- boring, predictable, people bitch about cena when orton is 100 times worse. awful mic skills, very boring matches.

jeff hardy- guy who squanders every opportunity the wwe laid in his lap because of his drug use, got over just because he had no regard for his body whatsoever. awful mic skills.

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
You're better than that Cole.
3,990 Posts

The Miz: He has no aura that screams “main event material” in any shape or form. He is good on the microphone I give him that but he is nothing special to tell your friends about. He is below average in every aspect but mic skills and is a glorified comedy wrestler who shouldn’t even be near the main event scene. Miz is no different then Zack Ryder which Ryder is 20x the talent then Miz is. Zack Ryder should be getting the MITB/US/Tag Team title push while Miz be the one who be jobbed out and be made a fool of each and every week. Also the Miz fans claiming THE ROCK was over the top and not entertaining? Then what the fuck is Miz then?

Randy Orton: I never minded him in his Legend Killer days, he was just a shrug to me and thought he holding his own with the other talent in the mid-card but as soon he stepped foot into the main event scene with the Viper gimmick, he has been the absolute boring, train-wreck wrestler I’ve ever seen. Every time I see him on my television screen I tend to let out a big yawn. Nothing but stupid retarded facial expressions, headlock, stomps, Donkey Kong pounding and the RKO every week. That’s not entertaining. Now this guy is WWE Champion again but to only to be overshadowed by the Cena/Barrett feud which is no surprise.

I don't get why people don't like:

Husky Harris - I think he's the most underrated member of Nexus. He looks sinister, and his body type, while a stark deviation from the normal WWE physique, seems to work for him. In the ring, he's surprisingly agile, and doesn't seem to gas out like other (albeit bigger) guys like Mark Henry.
Couldn't have said it any better. Husky Harris is not underrated only in Nexus but is massively underrated period on here. I have been very impressed with Harris for a guy his size and able to keep up with main eventers such as Cena and Orton in the ring.

·
Super Nexus 64
308 Posts
I dont uderstand why so many people like:

Edge: Thoughout his whole career he hasnt put on a match that wow'ed me. The only match I can give him is the wrestlemania 2000 tlc match. His mic skills are overrated here as well as his spear.

Christian: I dont see the hype about this guy. Has anyone here actually watch a christian singles match. It's just out top rope tornado ddts, slaps, chops, eyepokes, and missile dropkicks. Now I dont hate his character because i still want him to get a legitimate run for a world championship.

Randy Orton: Everyone in this thread already stated what I was going to say, so I wont rant on this guy. The only thing I have to say is it sounds like hes forces his words when he speaks. Dont believe me watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKo2Yd1dvew

I dont understand why people dont like:

Husky Harris: This guy is just awesome to watch a big chubby guy flying around the ring like a cruiserweight should amaze everybody. Tank with a ferrari engine.

Chris Masters: This guy has always benn on my list of guys who had great gimmicks and should've been pushed but now jobs for checks. He was made to be championship material on his debut.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
I understand perfectly that this whole topic is pretty much subjective and not every wrestler can appeal to anyone. That being said, I don't understand why some people like Kane in 2010, it is perfectly understandable if you've liked him from 1997-2005, but he's pretty much a shell of his former self now.

·
Registered
2,727 Posts
Randy Orton, Kane.

Triple H.

·
Registered
3,952 Posts
Wade Barrett- to me he's below average in ring, has little to no charisma, no presence, he looks soft, and even his accent and speaking is kinda dull.

Sheamus-imo he's completely average to me in every stat, except he looks like a clown.

ADR- once, again has done nothing impressive, and can barely talk on the mic due to his strong accent. He's okay in ring and has no presence really and some charisma .

Miz-I just can't take him seriously as he got bullied on the Real World, but now he's champ? Plus he's pretty monotone until HE SHOUTS AT THE TOP OF HIS LUNGS. He also botches promos, has a dweeb's presence/jobber's presence, and can't wrestle for shit. Plus his catchphrase is very juvenile.

People Don't Like:
Jack Swagger: imo his promos are gold, he's super over, one of the best in ring, has charisma, and good presence, all around ME skil to me.

Randy Orton: He's charismatic, has a good, unique ring style, and honestly his monotone his highly exaggerated and he's actually great at showing emotion in his face and voice. He's a pretty good promo cutter tbh. Plus he has charisma out the ass and a very serial killer presence atm, and as Legend Killer, a star's presence.

Shelton Benjamin: People say he couldn't talk when he honestly talks no worse than Barrett, Sheamus, Miz, and at worst is okay on the mic.

John Morrison: People say he has no mic skills when he only has like 3 actual bad promos, while the majority are okay. Plus his ECW champ days and Dirtsheet days showed he can cut a good promo.

Kane: He's one of the best big man wrestlers and may be actually the best. His promos are elite as are his mic skills and presence. His charisma is in abundance, and there's almost nothing wrong with Kane at all, yet people somehow claim that he has no mic skills or ring skills.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
Wade Barrett - Can't understand why people go crazy over him, if anything it seems bangwagon jumping because it's a fresh face.
the Rock - I know he's got alot of haters, but it's overrun with lovers. Poor in the ring, good (nothing more) on the mic, bit of a catchphrase machine, great charisma tho.

R Truth - Don't see why people hate on him, his job is to entertain, he's clearly not built up as the best wrestler, yeah he may not be that entertaining for anyone over the age of 13, but that's not WWE's current target audience.

·
i ain't got no type
1,490 Posts
I don't like Swagger, but that's only because of his gimmick. I don't understand why people hate Rey Mysterio.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I don't understand why people like:

Women wrestlers who can't wrestle: You do realize the Internet has enough pictures, videos, etc. for you to enjoy women who do not have to wrestle. We have to see these women on a wrestling program, it's not ok that they cannot do their job.

R-Truth: Why? Seriously why? He was repackaged so many times I've lost count of how many pushes he recieved and I still dont consider him valid in the mid card. He is sloppy in the ring and while it might not hurt anyone, to my knowledge, he makes the match he is in look like garbage. He also has one of the most obnoxious entrances I have ever seen.

I don't understand why people don't like:

Shelton Benjamin: He is athletic, wrestles well, can do the big spot to really bring in the fans, has a good presence, and is really not as bad on mic as some people think. There is no reason why he was not a champion for at least half a year if not longer. He risked his career with those big spots he used to do even though his mat wrestling was severely underrated and could have carried him alone.

Paul London: Maybe that is more aimed at WWE's writers, but I still wanted to list him. He busted his ass trying to not only get noticed, but to make other people look good while wrestling him. He should have recieved a bigger push. I also believe that his "WWE style" is way better then Evan Borne's, though I think they were both amazing on the Indy scene. That isn't a shot at Borne, but if you keep one why not keep the other?

·
Registered
721 Posts
I don't understand why so many people like Big Show, he was way better as a giant strong intense monster rather than the giant fun joker of a character he is now.

I don't understand why so many people don't like Nexus, this is next best thing that happened after the old guys from nWo, we got young fresh wrestlers that has talent and future potential to be the next big heel or baby face.

I do understand Steve Austin because he drinks beer!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I don't understand why people like:
ADR- he's done nothing for me so far. i just don't get the appeal at all. and these rumblings of ADR vs Taker at WM are a joke.
Goldberg- i just never understood it. the guy sucked. its funny how so many people hate cena because he "can't wrestle" but so many people love goldberg because....he CAN wrestle??? come on!
christian- i like christian, but this is more of a i don't get why he is so high up on a pedestal. he's good, yes, but people act like he's a god and "deserves" a title shot. sure, i'd like him to get one, but idk if he "deserves" one...why does he deserve one? because he's been there forever? if thats the case, give the title to the brooklyn brawler.

i don't understand why people don't like:
chris masters- wellness policy has had a lot to do with his demise, but i think he's really good and really underrated.
husky harris- he's very unique imo. i think he's very good in the ring...has a long way to go, but i still think he's good. he has a mean, nasty look. he is a big guy and i think he looks bigger than he really is because he isn't as solid as other big men usually are. i think he could use some different ring attire.
john cena- i don't get why people hate him so much. i never have. his character...his superman gimmick...hulk hogan says hi. thats basically what it is. and btw, the whole "superman" thing...thats what faces are supposed to do. i swear some fans just don't get the psychology of wrestling. i might be the only person on here above the age of 25 that has never not liked john cena.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts

Edge: Thoughout his whole career he hasnt put on a match that wow'ed me. The only match I can give him is the wrestlemania 2000 tlc match. His mic skills are overrated here as well as his spear.

Christian: I dont see the hype about this guy. Has anyone here actually watch a christian singles match. It's just out top rope tornado ddts, slaps, chops, eyepokes, and missile dropkicks. Now I dont hate his character because i still want him to get a legitimate run for a world championship.

Randy Orton: Everyone in this thread already stated what I was going to say, so I wont rant on this guy. The only thing I have to say is it sounds like hes forces his words when he speaks. Dont believe me watch this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKo2Yd1dvew

Husky Harris: This guy is just awesome to watch a big chubby guy flying around the ring like a cruiserweight should amaze everybody. Tank with a ferrari engine.

Chris Masters: This guy has always benn on my list of guys who had great gimmicks and should've been pushed but now jobs for checks. He was made to be championship material on his debut.

you must be fucking insane, that orton promo was amazing, and probably my fav promo the last couple years... that was intensity

oh man

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZecv1qIv3Y&feature=channel

·
Bowing down to the BEAST INCARNATE
4,564 Posts
The question is simple: Who are the wrestlers who you just can't understand why so many people get behind, and who are the wrestlers who you can't believe more people don't like? For the purposes of this thread, when I say "people" I mean more the IWC, not marks.

Edge - The guy is absurdly injury prone, he seems to be completely unable to get a heel reaction (at least since his last return), his promos aren't that great (they just always sound the same to me) and I don't find him very compelling in the ring.

Michael Tarver - I never really saw anything special in him during his run on the original NXT. In the ring, I think he's average, and I really don't see what everyone likes about his promos.

The Miz - Just awful in the ring. He's not as bad as David Otunga, but he's definitely in the bottom 1/4 of the roster. I can concede that he's gifted on the mic, but (much moreso lately) he seems to be giving the same promo every week, and his whole current promo style seems to be a rip off of Jericho's latest character.

I don't understand why so many people don't like:

John Morrison - He's very over, and he's entertaining in the ring. I think his mic skills are really the only think keeping him from a main event push.

Jack Swagger - I do NOT get why everyone says he's bad on the stick. Ever since the Trophy promo he cut on Smackdown, I've thought he was good. He's definitely got very good wrestling ability, and he has a style that works quite well for him. Admittedly, however, his WHC reign came across as rushed and could have been booked better.

That's maybe because Husky is 10 years or more so younger than Henry...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts