Wrestling Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
You have to consider the source as well. Greg Valentine is one of the most "old school" guys still around. He's even stated that one of the reasons he left WWE was the gimmicks, theatrics, etc were just getting to be "too much" for him.

Its natural that Greg would not be a fan of the polka dot gimmick.

·
Registered
7,658 Posts
It doesnt make sense why Cody would want to subject himself to Vince McMahon's stupid creative direction because Vince McMahon is just a old washed up mark! And MJF might want to think twice about it because Vince isnt any better than Tony Khan with the rediculous mark booking, actually Vince is worse due to always bringing back old shit.

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
I will admit that I wasn't a fan at the time of WWE's insistence that no other wresting existed in the world other than WWE/F.

This resulted in a lot of guys getting totally new (and sometimes silly) gimmicks when they came in and ignoring everything they had done before..

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I think it's all been said.

• The polka dots was NOT a Vince creation. Dusty wore them many years before coming to WWF
  • Dusty was arguably still the number 3 face, behind only Hogan and Warrior. He won most of his feuds and was actually very well protected when you look at his W/L record
  • He was 44 when he joined WWF. Why on earth would you push him as FOTC with so many young and promising stars on your roster (Bret was 32, Brutus Beefcake was 32, Warrior was 30, even Hogan was only 36 at the time)
The reality is probably that Dusty wanted a final run, and a chance to work with his son, and was completely content with his time spent there.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts