Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
Look they did treat Dusty pretty bad, vince was known to do that to many talent coming over just to bury them to WWE talent (yet always had some affinity for Flair, I guess both being notrious womanizers even in that industry), however it seem like it was water under the bridge, wasnt Dusty playing a role in NXT in his later years? And when Distin returned they treated him like a big deal , and payed him good.

·
Registered
531 Posts
View attachment 125673

For all you youngin’s if you will ….. Dusty was wearing Dots on his own accord long before 1991 run in which He was given ample television time and a feuded with and went over on top Heels in the Company like Macho Man Randy Savage and The Million Dollar Man Ted DiBiase
Was that from pwi when they were still in Kayfabe?

·
Registered
531 Posts
This particular ranking was monthly one ran Specifically by Inside Wrestling Magazine mid 70s through about 1984/85 but Technically Yes its kayfabe just like PWI’s
Wow yeah I remember PWI was in kayfabe all the way into even 1997 , I remember thinking why Dean Malenko was PWI 500 #1 that year when Austin, Hart, Sting, Misawa, Kobashi, Kawada, HBK, Taker, Rey Mysterio all doing their thing and huge at the time

·
Registered
531 Posts
Pretty much it has been said the polka dots were Dusty's idea. By that point, he was in his mid-40s and was never going to be featured as a serious main event contender. If anything, the gimmick endeared him to the WWF audience at that time and he actually did get featured in some high profile feuds. Plus that theme song was fire. :D

Besides look what super serious and stoic Greg Valentine was doing at the same Wrestlemania that Dusty Rhodes defeated Randy Savage in a tag team match LOL.

HTM was getting heat back then, has to be the funniest shoot interviewer ever too, he doesnt care about any love for the boys , and it shows 🤣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts