Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 85 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,759 Posts
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't care for Triple H taking over WWE at all and I actually think it's an awful idea.

I'm not impressed one bit with most of the "talent" from NXT. Most of them have completely floundered on the main roster and have not improved ratings, and Hunter is a guy with a long history of having a massive ego which led him to begrudge ACTUAL talent. He tried to sabotage The Rock's career early on, he treated CM Punk like shit for years. He came out of retirement for no reason just to pin Punk when he was red hot.

And Hunter is also EASILY the most overhyped and overrated performer in the history of the business. WWE tries to revise history and make him a much bigger deal than he actually was, he played 2nd fiddle to Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Foley, and HBK for most of his career.
Its not HHHs fault that he makes stars on the NXT roster and gets people to care about them then Vince ruins them when they get called up because Vince makes them a bunch of geeks.

You really dont think it would be way better if the main roster was ran like NXT where everyone seems to matter?

There is a reason why the NXT taker over PPVs are always better top to bottom than the main roster card that follows it

·
Greek God of Knowledge
7,098 Posts
Watch me get hate for this now, but, but CM Punk is greatest ever on mic, he is best in the world, he is nowhere near best in the world and breaking kayfabe doesn't make you great on mic.
If you think breaking kayfabe was what made Punk so great on the mic in the eyes of many, your opinion on the matter shouldn't be taken seriously.

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but I don't care for Triple H taking over WWE at all and I actually think it's an awful idea.

I'm not impressed one bit with most of the "talent" from NXT. Most of them have completely floundered on the main roster and have not improved ratings, and Hunter is a guy with a long history of having a massive ego which led him to begrudge ACTUAL talent. He tried to sabotage The Rock's career early on, he treated CM Punk like shit for years. He came out of retirement for no reason just to pin Punk when he was red hot.

And Hunter is also EASILY the most overhyped and overrated performer in the history of the business. WWE tries to revise history and make him a much bigger deal than he actually was, he played 2nd fiddle to Rock, Austin, Undertaker, Foley, and HBK for most of his career.
Its not HHHs fault that he makes stars on the NXT roster and gets people to care about them then Vince ruins them when they get called up because Vince makes them a bunch of geeks.

You really dont think it would be way better if the main roster was ran like NXT where everyone seems to matter?

There is a reason why the NXT taker over PPVs are always better top to bottom than the main roster card that follows it
To be fair, HHH is appealing to a non-casual fan base with NXT. Part of the reason that so many talents falter in the main roster is that casual or younger fans are not drawn in by the intricacies of chain wrestling. It’s over the top storylines and standout characters that appeal to them. That said, WWE’s main roster team has generally done a terrible job of introducing the NXT talent to a wider audience and making them stand out as unique characters.

81 - 85 of 85 Posts