Wrestling Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everything in NJPW is overrated to you guys in this section.
But HHH, Angle, Shane, Cena, and Orton being some of the last guys and WWE stories riding around them in 2017 is whats good right?

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
People here grew up watching WWE programming every week it's their religion which is why they can't see an alternate wrestling promotion as anything better then what they know ,But NJPW is and has always been great it's not just the Gedo booking era that's special.

·
Banned
379 Posts
I dont hate NJPW. But I just laugh at some delusional posters here who think everyhing New Japan does is best thing ever.
And I find it weird that hardcore Japanese fans who pretends that they dont watch wwe still bitch and moan about wwe booking and certain wwe wrestlers.

·
WF's #1 Mox fan.
23,551 Posts
Dude, this is the WWE section. There's a section to gush over NJPW. It is not this section.

Reactions: RapShepard

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
LOL.

Look, I watch WWe almost ironically, in that it's so bad that it's entertaining sort of way. I also enjoy New Japan, however, lets not pretend New Japan doesn't have a whole slew of old duffers that still actively get put in higher profile matches...

Minor Suzuki is like 50 years old, Tenzin and Kojima were tag team champs in their mid 40s like a year ago, the highest profile fucking match at Wrestle Kingdom this year will be Chris Jericho, a guy who is in the same bracket with guys like Triple H, Shane and Angle but less beat up, wrestling Kenny Omega.

"Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" and all that.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL.

Look, I watch WWe almost ironically, in that it's so bad that it's entertaining sort of way. I also enjoy New Japan, however, lets not pretend New Japan doesn't have a whole slew of old duffers that still actively get put in higher profile matches...

Minor Suzuki is like 50 years old, Tenzin and Kojima were tag team champs in their mid 40s like a year ago, the highest profile fucking match at Wrestle Kingdom this year will be Chris Jericho, a guy who is in the same bracket with guys like Triple H and Angle but less beat up, wrestling Kenny Omega.

"Those in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" and all that.
Quote me when Jericho beats Omega for the title.

oh wait you won't because only wwe has their part timers beat their up and comers.

okada vs naito is the main event of wk not roman vs part timer :x

·
Registered
5,591 Posts
I really think that even if you don't like NJPW be happy that there is another wrestling promotion out there that gives people something different to chew on.

That said I do think the NJPW shit in the WWE section needs to chill. There is the other wrestling section for that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
New Japan is just the hardcore wrestling fans flavour of the month. Same with Omega.

HHH, Angle, Cena and Orton are legends. They deserve all the respect they get.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Quote me when Jericho beats Omega for the title.

oh wait you won't because only wwe has their part timers beat their up and comers.

okada vs naito is the main event of wk not roman vs part timer :x
Wow. You're butt hurt is pretty palpable here.

So, Suzuki didn't beat a bunch of people of younger talent over the past year and challenge for the IWGP title??

Guys like Magabe and TenCozy didn't go over younger dudes to win Tag Championships??

Triple H didn't put over Reigns and Rollins at two different Wrestlemanias??

Shane didn't put over AJ Styles and Kevin Owens at different events??

That shit didn't happen??

Also, while Naito and Okada is indeed the main event it still doesn't dispute the fact that a lot of notoriety has been brought the show by Jericho challenging Omega.

Both companies utilize old codgers. Relax, guy.

·
Administrator
59,094 Posts
I'm done with these continuous New Japan/WWE threads and mark wars. It's two different fanbases with two different expectations of what a wrestler should look, act and perform like. Which is why a lot of people think Nakamura sucks in WWE section but he was loved and appreciated in the Other Wrestling section before he signed to WWE.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.