Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't really uderstand the heat diBiase gets on this forum. Surely he isn't as bad as others? This talk of "his name" letting him keep his job is a bit fanciful I think. I would say he's over enough to warrant more of a run in the WWE. He does have a rapport with the fans - the "Posse" etc. I think he's decent in the ring and overall solidly lower-mid card.
Ok, he isn't his father, or someone like Orton or eveen Rhodes, but I certainly don't think he should be fired. Off the top of my head if the following three stay then Ted definitely should: Slater, Barretta, Tatsu.

·
Premium Member
1,822 Posts
Ted is generic in the ring. Not bad, just bland. His mic work both in legacy and as a heel was bad and forced. It felt scripted all the way. Since he's started his face run, he seems more natural on the mic, but nothing exciting. He brings nothing but the posse. He was presumable a candidate for ending Takers streak, at one point. I'm glad they didnt. His name keeps him a bit higher on the card, than Barretta, Tatsu and Slater. Not his abilities.

·
Banned
14,118 Posts
To be truthful, you're right. Most of the hate he gets is because he's nowhere near as good as his father, or near as good as the other guys with parents who used to wrestle. That gives him a worse name than he already has because he isn't living up to expectations.

He's an average wrestler that's prone to injuries and sucks on the microphone; or did last time he talked.

But you think he's better than Barreta? OR EVEN KING SLATER?

Slater is... Slater. Literally one in a million. You can't say Slater is a bad talent because he is so good.

Tatsu is a glorified jobber.

Barreta is actually a decent wrestler but I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut.
Slater won't get cut though, he's too important to WWE.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
Not all men born to be as glorious like that Slater.I heard he power walked his way out of his mother's womb.

·
Premium Member
5,351 Posts
But really, what "amount of criticism"? People barely talk about him. It's not like someone comes into every thread just to bash Ted, off-topic or not.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
But really, what "amount of criticism"? People barely talk about him. It's not like someone comes into every thread just to bash Ted, off-topic or not.
Ok I'll give you that, good point. It's just I was on a "wwe spring cleaning thread" and a lot of the speculation was Ted was due for the chop. I was in the middle of posting a rebuttal along the lines of my OP when the thread got closed so I thought I'd go right ahead and make my own. As you say there isn't really that much discussion about him so feel free in here.

·
Registered
21,621 Posts
He gets a lot of stick because we've all seen his father work and expected a hell of a lot more from Jr. When he débuted he showed so much promise but has failed to much it. Also add into the mix that he came along after Cody Rhodes who was lame at the time but Cody had since surpassed Ted by far.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
lol, exactly. DiBiase may have the fewest threads created on his behalf here, either positive or negative, out of anyone in WWE.

I don't think he's an atrocity but he's on the pathway to becoming a major disappointment. A lot of officials and agents backstage had him pegged as one of the next big stars, and even spoke of him as the next "Face of the WWE." While it wouldn't be fair to suggest he has no chance of ever becoming big--he's not even 30 yet, I believe and could still find his niche and right persona and/or characterization--he just doesn't stand out. Even John Cena at his most generic ten years ago looked like a star of tomorrow compared to DiBiase (almost, we're two months away from Cena answering Angle's challenge on that Smackdown segment I'll never forget--which is the proof in the pudding: Cena may not have had the correct persona, didn't discover all of his strengths yet, but he stood out as a guy who really could be something down the line, right then and there, and I'm still waiting to receive that vibe from DiBiase).

The first baby step in the right direction was turning face. The "DiBiase Posse" was another good, solid step. Just before he became injured this winter, he was accelerating his moveset and finding a good niche in the undercard. Fans were responding to him, little by little, every week. Those all represent a decent foundation with which to work, in any event.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,154 Posts
Ok I'll give you that, good point. It's just I was on a "wwe spring cleaning thread" and a lot of the speculation was Ted was due for the chop. I was in the middle of posting a rebuttal along the lines of my OP when the thread got closed so I thought I'd go right ahead and make my own. As you say there isn't really that much discussion about him so feel free in here.
Well, in that case, you are right. It would be kind of silly for WWE to release DiBiase. There's no reason for it. At worst, he can be a low-end midcarder for most of his career and at best he just might end up being a late-bloomer.

·
Registered
221 Posts
He is the definition of bland, he is so mediocre in every single way, he is a poor man Jack swagger(who i think suck). Just not good in any way and his lack of charisma is incredible.

·
Registered
8,281 Posts
He's no worse than fellow jobbers like Slater and Barretta, infact I'd say he's better than them. People constantly bring his failings up and say he sucks because he was supposed to be good, people were earmarking him as a future star, many expected him to be a multi time World Champion by now and solidified main eventer. Instead he is an injury prone lower Smackdown midcarder who's not only in the shadow of his father and former leader, but also his former tag team partner who 99% of the people (including myself) thought he was miles better than.

Nobody was ever expecting guys like Slater to be stars, they were with Ted which is why people say he sucks. People probably have trouble understanding how the son of the Million Dollar Man can pocess such little charisma.

·
Registered
458 Posts
He's just not any good in the ring. Quite simple

1 - 13 of 13 Posts