Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
4,794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After giving us Roman and how his push has ruined the shows, it makes you appreciate Cena more and more. Because of Roman I'm a Cena fan now. He deserves to get cheered

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
After giving us Roman and how his push has ruined the shows, it makes you appreciate Cena more and more. Because of Roman I'm a Cena fan now. He deserves to get cheered
At this point it's pretty much habit. It's certainly not because he isn't putting guys over. We're a long ways removed from "Super-Cena".

·
Registered
18,879 Posts
Two reasons:

1) It's "fun" to do

2) WWE is the problem, not Cena but you can't necessarily boo WWE while John Boy is actually acccessible

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
This should be fun. :HA

But I think it's mostly because people LOVE to hold grudges around here. Especially the 'He's 10 years of burying too late to make up for it' crowd.

·
Superintendent of the Sacred Coffeechamber
2,671 Posts
Now this is where we could say it's because "it's fun to boo him".

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
People boo Cena because he is corny and hasn't really changed his gimmick in over a decade.

He also has a habit of doing this thing where some indy guy will come into the WWe, get hot, and have a promo exchange with Cena where the indy guy says a lot of truthful stuff and then Cena is allowed to have like a 20 minute final word where he tells them how much he loves retarded kids and the WWe and makes them look like a fool and then winds up going over them at like the next 5 pay per views after that. Sometimes he doesn't even do it to indy guys and just does it some random wrestler getting over because "Cena wins, lol"

People are just sick of Cena regardless of his good in ring work.

·
Banned
9,951 Posts
His current booking doesn't warrant it, and he's certainly put guys over. But I don't think it makes up for his decade of terror.

·
Registered
6,807 Posts
I still blame Cena alot for this being a PG era. Kids 10 and under didn't just decide to become half the audience.

·
Banned
3,805 Posts
As I've said many times before...

He made me stop watching for wrestling from 2006-2013. He's the poster child for the "anti wrestling boom". He's trash and I'll always think he is trash. It's not because it's a cool thing to do, he ruined WWE for me.

·
14,733 Posts
Some sins aren't easily forgotten. But full credit to him for his performance tonight. Great match. Put over shinsuke in a big big way. Even after saving him from Corbin still made sure the spotlight was on him.

The only cringe worthy spot was that backdrop inverted exploder. A guy with a history of neck problems whose built like Cena shouldn't be willing to take a bump like that

1 - 20 of 41 Posts